£ 80K - 100K/annum
3.57%
ABOVE £ 100K/annum
14.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Last Drawn Salary in UK before moving to NZ

Old Sep 6th 2012, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last Drawn Salary in UK before moving to NZ

Originally Posted by msi geek
Never ask a woman her age, never ask a Brit his/her pay
Too true.

Never personally understood why people are so offended when people ask this. The reaction you get is akin to asking them when they lost their virginity.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Originally Posted by TommyLuck
Too true.

Never personally understood why people are so offended when people ask this. The reaction you get is akin to asking them when they lost their virginity.
...if they lost their virginity
Old Sep 6th 2012, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Too true.

I've found asking what the wages are at a job interview here in New Zealand is a bit uncomfortable, which is weird as there's rarely a job advert with the wages advertised. I'm not sure when these details are meant to be discussed.

It's as annoying as houses with no price listed.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

msi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nicemsi geek is just really nice

Originally Posted by barnsleymat
I've found asking what the wages are at a job interview here in New Zealand is a bit uncomfortable, which is weird as there's rarely a job advert with the wages advertised. I'm not sure when these details are meant to be discussed.

I agree with barnsleymat.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

That is weird.

Essentially that puts you on the spot when you get offered the job at which point you then, presumably find out the salary being offered.

If it's less than what you expected/require, you've got a pretty sharp decision to make. Or, are they willing to negotiate?
Old Sep 7th 2012, 8:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Old Sep 7th 2012, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute

If it's less than what you expected/require, you've got a pretty sharp decision to make.
It puts you on the spot alright, one interview I think I did actually fall on the floor laughing. It is expected you will negotiate and should never accept the first figure they say.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

your making the assumption that everyone came here for more money.
You seem to base all your viewpoints of NZ on money alone.
what about the people who came for social reasons, family reasons, a change of lifestyle.

Last edited by Justcol; Sep 7th 2012 at 9:18 am.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:07 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
I get paid in buttons, salt and animal skins - don't see an option for that?
I get paid nuts, so maybe I'm a monkey
Old Sep 10th 2012, 7:01 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by barnsleymat

I found the issue of salary was enver raised at the interview, the first time i saw/ heard a number from the employer was when I was offered the job. When I used an agent I did tell the agent my current salary range, and I was offered slightly more than that.

NZ is strange is that respect, no real indication of salary until you get the job. Its up to you to do some research and then have an idea of what you are being offered is acceptable or not.