laser surgery

Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:07 am
Forum Regular

cornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura aboutcornerofsilence has a spectacular aura about
Default laser surgery

I would like to hear from anyone who has had laser eye surgery.

Did you think it worked?

Was it worth the money and pain?

Regards
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:40 am
Just Joined

sadie33138 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: laser surgery

Hi there. I had Lasix on both eyes in the US a few years ago. It was worth the money for me as I have had minimum problems but there are a lot of folks who have major problems,e.g. severe dry eyes,halos,starbursting,undercorrection, overcorrection, pain, etc. You might take a look at these sites for more info:
http://surgicaleyes.infopop.cc/eve
http://http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/index.php
http://www.lasermyeye.org/forums/index.php?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:41 am
Nice Tats

Pompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of lightPompey_Paul is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cornerofsilence

Did you think it worked?

Regards
Mum had it done and it really worked...it was painfull though so get them done both at the same time as She was reluctatnt to go back after the first one.........

If you are planning to go into the forces think again as they dont let you in if you have had it done......there may be some other restrictions that i dont know about also.

so yes it was worth it
Old Aug 12th 2005, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

planty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond reputeplanty has a reputation beyond repute

Did you think it worked?

Regards
Hi, my dad has just had loads done, he had a lot of pain caused by a blockage and had the laser surgery to stop new veins trying to grow, won't go into details as he was in a lot of pain with the build up of pressure, he's practically blind in that eye now, laser surgery didn't stop it the first time, not sure if it was the 3rd or 4th attempt before it worked.

Hope its not hereditary :scared:
Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:41 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Did you think it worked?

Regards
Hello,

Haven't had it done personally, but we had friends over from NZ last weekend who has had both eyes done in NZ. He told us quite a bit about it as my OH is considering it as he has quite bad eyesight - certainly glasses at all times.

His experience was very positive. Some slight side effects such as minor halos either in direct sunlight or night driving (can't remember) but at -6.5 in each eye he is thrilled to bits to now have perfect vision, well better than perfect technically speaking however possible that is! He had them done a day apart, doesn't sound the nicest proceedure to go through, but certainly no pain during the proceedure, sat up and got told to go home! He said he had minor irritation for a few days like having something in your eye.

Cost $4500 for both eyes.

Good luck with your decision.