Laptops?

Old Sep 14th 2009, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all
Default Laptops?

Hi,

Another question..........decided that we will def need a pc of somesort when we get there. Won't have the cash to buy new one at first so plan to trade in my current pc for a laptop I can take.

Will all laptops from the UK work in NZ? Is that a stupid question? Are they all universal and I'm just being a computer thicko!

Anyway if someone can advise me it would be helpful.

Thanks

Dawn x
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Laptops?

Hi Dawn

Yes your laptop will work fine in NZ. I have my usual laptop but have just treated myself to one of the notebooks. An Acer from PC world £250 and it is fab. Does everything I need it to do and it is so dinky. Much easier to carry around
Old Sep 14th 2009, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

blackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to allblackburn lass is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Numptyhead View Post
Hi Dawn

Yes your laptop will work fine in NZ. I have my usual laptop but have just treated myself to one of the notebooks. An Acer from PC world £250 and it is fab. Does everything I need it to do and it is so dinky. Much easier to carry around
Thanks,

Will I be able to get the internet on a notebook and use a web cam.

see I am completly useless at this stuff.

Dawn
Old Sep 14th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blackburn lass View Post
Thanks,

Will I be able to get the internet on a notebook and use a web cam.

see I am completly useless at this stuff.

Dawn
I have a Dell notebook which i do all my surfing on. My OH reckons i should get a full lappy now but i like this. Its a bit tricky getting used to the little keypad but apart from that -oh and it is a little bit slow - its great. I love it.

And as numpty said they are so much more user friendly if you have to carry it around or use it on your knee (as i do).
Old Sep 14th 2009, 8:58 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dawn

but does it get the internet??
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:54 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

You can do everything on a laptop that you would on a desktop, such as webcam, skype, photos, iTunes etc

We have a Vaio which we bought with us from the UK.

Please be aware that your warranty may not be of much use here though

Have you looked at prices over here for a laptop? Dell are sold through Dick Smith now and all the 'big names' are available.

Apple are quite popular here too, particularly with the students

Here's a few places to give you an idea

www.noelleeming.co.nz

www.dse.co.nz

www.apple.com/nz/

www.sonystyle.co.nz

HTH
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by P2L View Post
You can do everything on a laptop that you would on a desktop, such as webcam, skype, photos, iTunes etc

We have a Vaio which we bought with us from the UK.

Please be aware that your warranty may not be of much use here though

Have you looked at prices over here for a laptop? Dell are sold through Dick Smith now and all the 'big names' are available.

Apple are quite popular here too, particularly with the students

Here's a few places to give you an idea

www.noelleeming.co.nz

www.dse.co.nz

www.apple.com/nz/

www.sonystyle.co.nz

HTH
Lol thought a notebook was something else like a blackberry...duh blonde moment..lol I already have a laptop but I want a blackberry, but far to expensive...well they are here anyway
Old Sep 15th 2009, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blackburn lass View Post
Hi,

Another question..........decided that we will def need a pc of somesort when we get there. Won't have the cash to buy new one at first so plan to trade in my current pc for a laptop I can take.

Will all laptops from the UK work in NZ? Is that a stupid question? Are they all universal and I'm just being a computer thicko!

Anyway if someone can advise me it would be helpful.

Thanks

Dawn x
They will work here (the plugs are different though) but the after sales service; warranty etc may be a problem...

Dick smith, noel leeming sells laptops, or you can configure your own one from dell... dell.co.nz; takes about a week or so to get delivered to you.

netbooks are popular here also, about $700-$800. They seem fine for surfing the web etc, but some have very small hard drives so if you want to store your music / photos you might want to invest in an external hard drive..
Old Sep 15th 2009, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by love30stm View Post
Lol thought a notebook was something else like a blackberry...duh blonde moment..lol I already have a laptop but I want a blackberry, but far to expensive...well they are here anyway
If you are wanting a blackberry - get and IPhone instead.
I have one and i love it.
In fact i love it so much if it had 'wings' i may not need the hubby at all
Old Sep 15th 2009, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi View Post
They will work here (the plugs are different though) but the after sales service; warranty etc may be a problem...

Dick smith, noel leeming sells laptops, or you can configure your own one from dell... dell.co.nz; takes about a week or so to get delivered to you.

netbooks are popular here also, about $700-$800. They seem fine for surfing the web etc, but some have very small hard drives so if you want to store your music / photos you might want to invest in an external hard drive..
Most Manufacturers warranties are now worldwide we've had 3 things fixed here under warranty bought in the UK. (Toshiba Laptop, PSP & Fuji Camera)

Definitely buy it in the UK, much more choice & cheaper
Tesco's are pretty good now
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

There is no problem getting Apple fixed in NZ either.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

but does it get the internet??
A bit slow on picking up this comment. Course it does

Someone mentioned that they don't have much of a hard-drive but this little beauty has 160GHz. Really chuffed with it

I have a Treo pro which is a bit like the blackberry only better.(IMO lol) That baby is coming out with me too
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:02 pm

A bit slow on picking up this comment. Course it does

Someone mentioned that they don't have much of a hard-drive but this little beauty has 160GHz. Really chuffed with it

I have a Treo pro which is a bit like the blackberry only better.(IMO lol) That baby is coming out with me too
Im always a bit slow ...and thanks
Old Sep 15th 2009, 9:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im always a bit slow ...and thanks
I was saying I was slow in picking up your comment not you
Old Sep 15th 2009, 10:21 pm

I was saying I was slow in picking up your comment not you
Told you I was slow....and blonde

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.