Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Lake Taupo by helicopter

Lake Taupo by helicopter

Old Aug 1st 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lake Taupo by helicopter

Has anyone been to Lake Taupo and flown the helicopter from the top of the town over the lake,waterfall,or surrounding hills and springs?
I swear to God (or Allah-not racist you know) himself it's the most breathtakingly awesome thing to do with your family. I mean-don't mean to give Nighthawk the pilot free advertising n stuff,but it is tremendous. If you're going,do it but get in the front for when he flies over the top of the volcano,best laxative you'll have for years to come. :scared:
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lake Taupo by helicopter

Originally Posted by danny.f
Has anyone been to Lake Taupo and flown the helicopter from the top of the town over the lake,waterfall,or surrounding hills and springs?
I swear to God (or Allah-not racist you know) himself it's the most breathtakingly awesome thing to do with your family. I mean-don't mean to give Nighthawk the pilot free advertising n stuff,but it is tremendous. If you're going,do it but get in the front for when he flies over the top of the volcano,best laxative you'll have for years to come. :scared:

Hate seeing a 0 next to the replies column so I'm replying to myself. Definite sign of madness this. Hope the wife doesn't find out.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Flying into Wellington with a strong southerly blowing can have a similar effect!!
Old Aug 1st 2006, 10:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Wow, no haven't done it but will put it on my list of 'things to do'
Have been on a helicopter around Mount Cook, landed on a glacier for a quick snowball fight and to make snow angels etc. First time in a helicopter, didn't know if I would like it, hate flying, but it was actually fine!
Also went to Great Barrier Island in November on their teeny tiny planes, that was horrific :scared:
The pilot was still a baby, had to keep reading the instruction manual, it was incredibly noisy, my daughter, 10 months old at the time was sitting on her dads lap, quite happy, she actually had a snooze. It was a huge rush for me tho when we got there all safe, and not quite so bad going back 5 hours later.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 8:12 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

We used to fly over Lake Taupo in my Dads Cessna. It is a wonderful view and pretty impressive when you realise that it used to be the ring of a Super Volcano with rocks reaching China.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

So I heard! Makes you realise just how vunerable we humans are!! Those little planes can be a bit messy over warm water,bit like a roller coaster but good fun if you bring toilet roll for insurance.
Landing on a glacier has got to be a huge ambition of mine,even though I can't snow board,don't have long blond hair,and go the colour of a tomato rather than bronze-always looks spectacular on videos etc.
My dad never had his own cessena but he had a Ford Granada that could fly if I hit the speed bumps fast enough!
Lake Taupo is immense,so impressive,but scary when you realise what it used to be. Defo recommend the helicopter tho. Great way to see it. Have fun dudes.
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

So I heard! Makes you realise just how vunerable we humans are!! Those little planes can be a bit messy over warm water,bit like a roller coaster but good fun if you bring toilet roll for insurance.
Landing on a glacier has got to be a huge ambition of mine,even though I can't snow board,don't have long blond hair,and go the colour of a tomato rather than bronze-always looks spectacular on videos etc.
My dad never had his own cessena but he had a Ford Granada that could fly if I hit the speed bumps fast enough!
Lake Taupo is immense,so impressive,but scary when you realise what it used to be. Defo recommend the helicopter tho. Great way to see it. Have fun dudes.

You make me laugh!
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
You make me laugh!
ditto...

We did the helihike to fox glacier back in '97. Our daughter was 8 and son 11, daughter fell in love with the hunky guide who held her hand through the ice caves.
I was terified before we flew but loved it.
No the scary flight for me was a smallish plane that took us from Rotarua to CHCH -VERY VERY BUMPY :scared:
Can't wait to see more of the country.
We met some NZers last month who own a holiday home at Lake T. so hope to visit them there.
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

You make me laugh!

Why,thank you. Nice to know. We're taking our kids to Gulliver's world in Warrington today-not exactly Lake Taupo,but good enough for another reminder to why we leaving. I've just noticed my name is accompanied by 2 small blocks now-and a star!! Have I been promoted?
Do I get any perks with this? Can I now fish with the Swedes instead of working in the kitchen ( The Beach-great film!)?
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helinuk
ditto...

We did the helihike to fox glacier back in '97. Our daughter was 8 and son 11, daughter fell in love with the hunky guide who held her hand through the ice caves.
I was terified before we flew but loved it.
No the scary flight for me was a smallish plane that took us from Rotarua to CHCH -VERY VERY BUMPY :scared:
Can't wait to see more of the country.
We met some NZers last month who own a holiday home at Lake T. so hope to visit them there.

We stayed with a couple who live in Auckland,he's a youth worker-senior one though,and he flies throughout the islands to meetings-he was saying the turbulence can be horrendous-scariest stuff imaginable. Tell you what-the last 1-2 hours approach to NZ isn't too enjoyable if my memory serves me right. I banged me bonce on the loo roof cos i hadnt finished-that was a bit hairy-the flight I mean!! Ho ho ho.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 1:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Why,thank you. Nice to know. We're taking our kids to Gulliver's world in Warrington today-not exactly Lake Taupo,but good enough for another reminder to why we leaving. I've just noticed my name is accompanied by 2 small blocks now-and a star!! Have I been promoted?
Do I get any perks with this? Can I now fish with the Swedes instead of working in the kitchen ( The Beach-great film!)?

So do I, dont know why either! Also, I have no idea what karma is and when, why or how you give it

How was Gullivers world?
Old Aug 4th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

So do I, dont know why either! Also, I have no idea what karma is and when, why or how you give it

How was Gullivers world?

Didn't go in the end-my mum took too long dropping them off so we jibbed it. Went to the park by ours,Croxteth Park,where Wayne Rooney tried to grow his ears,it was once on Most Haunted (now there's a thread!)and I made the mistake of telling the kids-my 8 yr old was virtually incontinent by the time the tour finished.
You've got two stars! You're more special than me,but I have 1 more block which means I get first refusal on a nice house I think.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

You've got two stars! You're more special than me,but I have 1 more block which means I get first refusal on a nice house I think.
Lesson for today:
Look down the left of your forum screen- it says KARMA- if you like what someone has posted, it's helpful, funny etc.you can choose to give them karma.
I don't check mine normally because I'm not a karma tart (I don't ask for it unlike some on BE) but a couple of days ago noticed someone gave karma for a post on the OZ forum. (thank you to DDD.) You go to your own profile page and can check who sent you the karma.
The squares: I thought these were related to the number of posts. So don't quite understand why Danny has 2 and Jude has 1.
I've wasted 3 yrs on BE so have loads of squares
helinuk
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by helinuk
Lesson for today:
Look down the left of your forum screen- it says KARMA- if you like what someone has posted, it's helpful, funny etc.you can choose to give them karma.
I don't check mine normally because I'm not a karma tart (I don't ask for it unlike some on BE) but a couple of days ago noticed someone gave karma for a post on the OZ forum. (thank you to DDD.) You go to your own profile page and can check who sent you the karma.
The squares: I thought these were related to the number of posts. So don't quite understand why Danny has 2 and Jude has 1.
I've wasted 3 yrs on BE so have loads of squares
helinuk
I've just given you and Jude some karma but nothing that I'm aware of happened. Did you feel anything? It was for being nice and for always replying to the crap I write,and also for telling me what karma's all about.
I've PM'd Sue to ask her what the blocks are about,will let you know. This is exciting.
Old Aug 4th 2006, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

I've just given you and Jude some karma but nothing that I'm aware of happened. Did you feel anything? It was for being nice and for always replying to the crap I write,and also for telling me what karma's all about.
I've PM'd Sue to ask her what the blocks are about,will let you know. This is exciting.
Danny LOL. No didn't feel a thing.... it's not got to me yet I just checked in my profile.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.