Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

This is for the Ladies.......

This is for the Ladies.......

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of
Default This is for the Ladies.......

Girls,

Just wondering what shopping for cosmetics is like in Nz (Welly especially). Do they have all the main brands like Clinique etc? I love Boots No 7 and Liz Earle, and am wondering whether to stock pile before we go, or find a new brand out there. Don't really want a face full of spots when I meet the PP!!

Lou
xx
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:57 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is for the Ladies.......

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou
Girls,

Just wondering what shopping for cosmetics is like in Nz (Welly especially). Do they have all the main brands like Clinique etc? I love Boots No 7 and Liz Earle, and am wondering whether to stock pile before we go, or find a new brand out there. Don't really want a face full of spots when I meet the PP!!

Lou
xx
I had the worst haircut in the world when I first met them and they didn't even notice, so no worries!!
{either that or they were far too polite to laugh in front of me }
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Girls,

Lou
xx
You think it bad for women, you should see the poor choice us guys have!!

Clinique and Clarins and the usual stuff is available in stores here.

Strawberrynet is your saviour here
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:21 am
BE Enthusiast

pumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud ofpumpkinlou has much to be proud of

Brilliant. Will check that out. Thanx!

Won't need the paper bag after all

PL
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think you'd get Boots No7 though. Bodyshop is here though. Dove, simple soap etc all available..in fact most toiletries brands are the same as UK as Irnbru said.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:00 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Don't think you'd get Boots No7 though. Bodyshop is here though. Dove, simple soap etc all available..in fact most toiletries brands are the same as UK as Irnbru said.
And there is a 'Lush' shop in the Porirua shopping centre if that is your thing
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

oooh! I love Lush. That's it then. I'm definitely coming
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:09 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

No7 can be bought from quite a number of chemists but i suspect it is different/much smaller range than that in the UK (i honestly can't remember what the range was).

Make up and skincare all seems to be more expensive other than, oddly, Rimmell London. Weird. But clarins, clinique, and other higher end brands are more expensive. Oh, and clinique can be also purchased at Kmart.

don't think you can get benefit cosmetics in Wellington. Not sure about AKL or CHC. Pretty sure you can't get jo malone pretty stuff either(can in sydney though).
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats good. You know what it's like when you find a brand that suits your skin. It took me years of trying lancome, clarins etc, and now use Liz Earle and it really suits me. And can only use No7 tinted moisturiser. Will have to speak nicely to Mother in Law and get some sent over if all else fails!!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:56 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

www.skinstore.com.au is another good one. I used to buy from this site when it was just .com - based in the US and it was really good.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bugger.................!

Dam..........I was hoping for a real smutty type thread......................
Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Brilliant. Will check that out. Thanx!

Won't need the paper bag after all

PL
Oh Lou you would never need the paper bag and with all the clean air and good living you will be cosmetic free!!!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Frenchy,

Cosmetic free? Not sure if Wellington is ready for that just yet!!

Better get the fake bake out!!!

PL
xx
Old Mar 4th 2008, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bugger.................!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Dam..........I was hoping for a real smutty type thread......................
What................do you need to take the batteries out to get them thro the x-ray machine
Old Mar 5th 2008, 12:08 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bugger.................!

I couldn't find Physician's Formula here so when my supplies run out of that, I'm well screwed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.