British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   This is for the Ladies....... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/ladies-518710/)

pumpkinlou Mar 3rd 2008 8:47 am

This is for the Ladies.......

Girls,

Just wondering what shopping for cosmetics is like in Nz (Welly especially). Do they have all the main brands like Clinique etc? I love Boots No 7 and Liz Earle, and am wondering whether to stock pile before we go, or find a new brand out there. Don't really want a face full of spots when I meet the PP!!

:ohmy:

Lou
xx

karonious Mar 3rd 2008 8:57 am

Re: This is for the Ladies.......

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou (Post 6009846)
Girls,

Just wondering what shopping for cosmetics is like in Nz (Welly especially). Do they have all the main brands like Clinique etc? I love Boots No 7 and Liz Earle, and am wondering whether to stock pile before we go, or find a new brand out there. Don't really want a face full of spots when I meet the PP!!

Lou
xx

I had the worst haircut in the world when I first met them and they didn't even notice, so no worries!! :thumbsup:
{either that or they were far too polite to laugh in front of me :blink:}

irnbru14 Mar 3rd 2008 9:06 am

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou (Post 6009846)
Girls,

Lou
xx

You think it bad for women, you should see the poor choice us guys have!! :rofl:

Clinique and Clarins and the usual stuff is available in stores here.

Strawberrynet is your saviour here :thumbsup:

pumpkinlou Mar 3rd 2008 9:21 am

:)

Brilliant. Will check that out. Thanx!

Won't need the paper bag after all :lol:

PL

luvwelly Mar 3rd 2008 9:52 am

Don't think you'd get Boots No7 though. Bodyshop is here though. Dove, simple soap etc all available..in fact most toiletries brands are the same as UK as Irnbru said.

karonious Mar 3rd 2008 10:00 am

Originally Posted by luvwelly (Post 6010118)
Don't think you'd get Boots No7 though. Bodyshop is here though. Dove, simple soap etc all available..in fact most toiletries brands are the same as UK as Irnbru said.

And there is a 'Lush' shop in the Porirua shopping centre if that is your thing :thumbup:

pumpkinlou Mar 3rd 2008 1:30 pm

oooh! I love Lush. That's it then. I'm definitely coming :D

Kiwiprincess Mar 3rd 2008 7:09 pm

No7 can be bought from quite a number of chemists but i suspect it is different/much smaller range than that in the UK (i honestly can't remember what the range was).

Make up and skincare all seems to be more expensive other than, oddly, Rimmell London. Weird. But clarins, clinique, and other higher end brands are more expensive. Oh, and clinique can be also purchased at Kmart.

don't think you can get benefit cosmetics in Wellington. Not sure about AKL or CHC. Pretty sure you can't get jo malone pretty stuff either(can in sydney though).

pumpkinlou Mar 3rd 2008 7:13 pm

Thats good. You know what it's like when you find a brand that suits your skin. It took me years of trying lancome, clarins etc, and now use Liz Earle and it really suits me. And can only use No7 tinted moisturiser. Will have to speak nicely to Mother in Law and get some sent over if all else fails!!

Batty Mar 3rd 2008 8:56 pm

www.skinstore.com.au is another good one. I used to buy from this site when it was just .com - based in the US and it was really good.

Nice Guy Mar 3rd 2008 10:25 pm

Bugger.................!

Dam..........I was hoping for a real smutty type thread......................

Frenchy Mar 4th 2008 7:45 am

Originally Posted by pumpkinlou (Post 6009975)
:)

Brilliant. Will check that out. Thanx!

Won't need the paper bag after all :lol:

PL

Oh Lou you would never need the paper bag and with all the clean air and good living you will be cosmetic free!!!!:)

pumpkinlou Mar 4th 2008 8:53 am

Hi Frenchy,

Cosmetic free? Not sure if Wellington is ready for that just yet!!

Better get the fake bake out!!!

PL
xx

Ian & Sharon Mar 4th 2008 10:47 am

Re: Bugger.................!

Originally Posted by Nice Guy (Post 6013035)
Dam..........I was hoping for a real smutty type thread......................

What................do you need to take the batteries out to get them thro the x-ray machine :D

Maz Mar 5th 2008 12:08 am

Re: Bugger.................!

I couldn't find Physician's Formula here so when my supplies run out of that, I'm well screwed. :( :( :(