Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Labour weekend plans?

Labour weekend plans?

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:13 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Labour weekend plans?

Met Service regret that this site is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.
Contact ....
or phone ..... for further information
Looks like everyone is wondering what the weather is going to do as the met service site was "overloaded" and "unavailable" until a couple of minutes ago....
We were planning a visit to the zoo, Kelly Tarltons (as annual pass is about to expire) and some summer soccer for me on Friday night.
The latter looks to be in danger of being a wash out.
I know a few folks who are off camping and rather them than me if it is at the top of the North Island and involves Friday night.....
Anyway what are you up to?
Do you care what we are planning?

Last edited by lardyl; Oct 23rd 2008 at 8:15 am.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour weekend plans?

Originally Posted by lardyl
Looks like everyone is wondering what the weather is going to do as the met service site was "overloaded" and "unavailable" until a couple of minutes ago....
We were planning a visit to the zoo, Kelly Tarltons (as annual pass is about to expire) and some summer soccer for me on Friday night.
The latter looks to be in danger of being a wash out.
I know a few folks who are off camping and rather them than me if it is at the top of the North Island and involves Friday night.....
Anyway what are you up to?
Do you care what we are planning?
We were hoping to get our first taste of the beach somewhere and even get the swimwear out but as you have observed the weather is not going to be good. Sounds like a typical Bank Holiday weekend in the UK!

We are looking for ideas as we have only been here 2 months

Whatever you do I hope you have a good weekend
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:56 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Clearing out the garage to make room for the camping stuff
Taxi service for the 14 year old - the one with the social life
Spot of fishing , if the river doesn't run too high with all the sodding rain ( Oh and snow which fell last night!!! )
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:55 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Spot of fishing , if the river doesn't run too high with all the sodding rain ( Oh and snow which fell last night!!! )
I'd wanted to take off camping which would be a first. But Hubby and son have 2 days go-kart racing (son racing, Hubby mechanic!) so it's just me and the girls. Eldest is working. So I'm having some girlfriends over Saturday night for a quiet () nite in and Monday we're hopefully going to the Air Museum up the road as $5 entry all weekend. Pretty boring really ...
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:08 pm
Forum Regular

kiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nicekiwichicks is just really nice

Looking at the weather in Paraparaumu for this weekend, we will be singing in the rain

D
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:03 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

A group of us are going to Rakino Island today and back on Monday. My friend and I are going by water taxi and the rest have already sailed over ..... it's a wee bit windy This is where we're going http://www.bookabach.co.nz/4326

There are no shops, pubs, cafes etc.etc - only solar power and if you want to be collected from the wharf instead of walking the 2km to the house, a local farmer will collect you for a $10 donation I'm so looking forward to it - only 2 hours to go!!!!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Batty
A group of us are going to Rakino Island today and back on Monday. My friend and I are going by water taxi and the rest have already sailed over ..... it's a wee bit windy This is where we're going http://www.bookabach.co.nz/4326

There are no shops, pubs, cafes etc.etc - only solar power and if you want to be collected from the wharf instead of walking the 2km to the house, a local farmer will collect you for a $10 donation I'm so looking forward to it - only 2 hours to go!!!!!!
Have a great time - its looks perfect
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:57 am
Forum Regular

NZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to beholdNZGrl is a splendid one to behold

Would love to take the boat to Kawau and stay there for a couple of nights and do a spot of fishing/scallop diving etc....However with the weather forecast as it is I will probably be painting the house!
Old Oct 24th 2008, 6:34 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NZGrl
Would love to take the boat to Kawau and stay there for a couple of nights and do a spot of fishing/scallop diving etc....However with the weather forecast as it is I will probably be painting the house!
inside I suppose not outside.....

its all my fault BTW - lent a mate my super-duper ladders to help him finish painting his house on Thursday, suppose I'll have to collect them before the weather improves.....but as I ricked my back at soccer last night that is not going to be for several weeks yet......
Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lardyl
inside I suppose not outside.....

its all my fault BTW - lent a mate my super-duper ladders to help him finish painting his house on Thursday, suppose I'll have to collect them before the weather improves.....but as I ricked my back at soccer last night that is not going to be for several weeks yet......

I think we might be responsible for the weather as we went and bought a BBQ and sunloungers A certainty to bring rain

Hope your back eases quickly.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 8:34 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah

We are now the proud owners of our 'Kiwi' camping kit!!! ( Even have a solar shower!!!)

Done our emergency kit, almost done the grab bags and managed to dry the washing on the line too

I can recommend these guys for camping stuff btw! Around a $150 saving on everyone elses prices and only charged me $40 to the SI!!!!

www.greencoast.co.nz
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:00 am
you dewty owld maan!

Did the beach this afternoon after the weather picked up, lots of digging and shell gathering which was fun inspite of the back.....
Off to the zoo in the morning. See how we get on with LardyMkIII who is Houdini in a 3yr old's body.......bless.......NOT......