LA Stop-over

Old Sep 5th 2010, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Lynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant future
Default LA Stop-over

We have a 4 night stop-over in LA on 12 Oct en route to Christchurch. We plan to stay in Santa Monica area and are about to book accommodation, we havent been to LA before and just wondering if any-one can recommend a decent (tho not too expensive) hotel. The hotels on Ocean Drive seem really pricey, a couple that look interesting are The Jolly Roger, Travellodge on Pico Boulevard and also a couple at Marina del Ray. We dont want to pay the premium for location as we plan to be out & about but dont want anything dingy. We are a family of 4 travelling with 2 children. Any info appreciated!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LA Stop-over

Hi there
Sorry i cant help you out in the area you are looking for, but if you change your mind on that area i can reccomend Anaheim, we stayed there on a 4 day stop over this June onway to Mexico and we loved it, we stayed in the howard johnson and it was right outside the entrance to the park, we are looking to go back to La for 3 weeks next year as we loved it, also always had a good experience at LAX
Old Sep 6th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Lynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant futureLynne sinclair has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
Hi there
Sorry i cant help you out in the area you are looking for, but if you change your mind on that area i can reccomend Anaheim, we stayed there on a 4 day stop over this June onway to Mexico and we loved it, we stayed in the howard johnson and it was right outside the entrance to the park, we are looking to go back to La for 3 weeks next year as we loved it, also always had a good experience at LAX
Thanks for info Caroline, were keen to base in Santa Monica...really looking forward to it!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

IM so jealous, i cannot wait to get back to LA, we are going for 3 weeks so we can really get about and see all of LA or the bits we want to anyway
Rodeo drive here i come lol
Old Sep 6th 2010, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynne sinclair
We have a 4 night stop-over in LA on 12 Oct en route to Christchurch. We plan to stay in Santa Monica area and are about to book accommodation, we havent been to LA before and just wondering if any-one can recommend a decent (tho not too expensive) hotel. The hotels on Ocean Drive seem really pricey, a couple that look interesting are The Jolly Roger, Travellodge on Pico Boulevard and also a couple at Marina del Ray. We dont want to pay the premium for location as we plan to be out & about but dont want anything dingy. We are a family of 4 travelling with 2 children. Any info appreciated!
Can't help you with a proper hotel, stayed in the Hostel INternational which is about 2 streets back from Ocean Drive, perhaps they do family rooms?

Santa Monica is very cool
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Can't help you with a proper hotel, stayed in the Hostel INternational which is about 2 streets back from Ocean Drive, perhaps they do family rooms?

Santa Monica is very cool
Ive just booked us into a Travellodge on Pico Boulevard, its 2.5 miles from the pier and theres plenty buses or hey I suppose we could walk!!?! We have 4 full days so plan to have a day at Universal, not sure about Disneyland we went to EuroDisney last year, I'd rather spend the day in Malibu so the jury is still out on that one! A city tour and a day in Santa Monica, maybe the Getty museum if we have time.....!
Next stop Christchurch, very sad that a lot of the older historical buildings are affected, my husbands family are saying theres still a lot of disruption water restrictions etc!
Old Sep 6th 2010, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

OMG you must go to disney, it just amazing, we have always went to florida disney and this just was so much better, though yes i would want to go to mailibu, we found 4 days was just not enough and spent the whole time at disney. cant wait till next time so we can see it all
thats good you got a hotel booked