Korean Air Extra Baggage Allowance

Korean Air Extra Baggage Allowance

Old Dec 26th 2011, 9:13 am
Just Joined

daniellehowarthcook is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Korean Air Extra Baggage Allowance

Hey Everyone!

IM A NEW USER!!!

Me and my partner move to NZ tomorrow! We fly with Air France to Paris, the Korean Air from Paris, to Korea, to Auckland.

Has anyone flown with Korean Air and had an extra baggage allowance? If so how did you apply for it??

Also, anyone had an extra allowance but changed airlines through travels? Do you have to get permission from all airlines??

We get married on the 4th of February over there - very exciting. BUT, that means my hand luggage is full of my wedding dress and my hubby-to-be's hand luggage is full of Christmas Presents! Ive packed my Large case but so far weighs 32kg EEEEEKK!!!! My partners not weighed his yet, but we also have my laptop bag and his golf clubs!!

Anyone had experience who can offer some advice??
Danielle
Old Dec 26th 2011, 10:48 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Korean Air Extra Baggage Allowance

You will be charged excessively for all that as the limit is 20kg, and you will need to check with each air line as you may find one will allow the extra and charge and one may not even allow. have you looked at air freighting the wedding stuff over may work out a lot cheaper in the long run?
Old Dec 26th 2011, 6:20 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you keep mentioning you are getting married and about the wedding dress. Airline staff seem to go soft when they find out they have a newly married or about-to-be married couple on board.

My advice - your fiancé doesn't really need any clothes!
Old Dec 26th 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

Next time fly with a Middle Eastern or US carrier and you'll have 30kgs as a given...
Old Dec 26th 2011, 9:22 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

You pay extra because it costs more in fuel for a heavier payload. Planes can not differentiate between the sources of weight, so it should be the combined weight of you and your luggage which counts. Fat people should pay more, or have less baggage allowance - it is their choice to be obese.
Old Dec 27th 2011, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

vicci is an unknown quantity at this point

We have flown with them 4 times now and u will get charged alot for extra baggage my advise to u is use WWW.SEVENSEASWORLDWIDE.COM pack everything in there boxes and ship it costs about 40gbp a box all the best. where in NZ are you moving too???

Originally Posted by daniellehowarthcook
Hey Everyone!

IM A NEW USER!!!

Me and my partner move to NZ tomorrow! We fly with Air France to Paris, the Korean Air from Paris, to Korea, to Auckland.

Has anyone flown with Korean Air and had an extra baggage allowance? If so how did you apply for it??

Also, anyone had an extra allowance but changed airlines through travels? Do you have to get permission from all airlines??

We get married on the 4th of February over there - very exciting. BUT, that means my hand luggage is full of my wedding dress and my hubby-to-be's hand luggage is full of Christmas Presents! Ive packed my Large case but so far weighs 32kg EEEEEKK!!!! My partners not weighed his yet, but we also have my laptop bag and his golf clubs!!

Anyone had experience who can offer some advice??
Danielle