Kiwi WInter

Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold
Default Kiwi WInter

Call this a winter ? Apparently on the national news it keeps saying that it has been the coldest NZ winter for many a year, i crackup everytime i hear that ! Imagine a mild autumn in England with some sunshine most days (and a hot sun it is too !), that is a Wellie winter ! Yes there have been 4 or 5 cold days down to zero overnight, but apart from that , my 10 heaters, cubic mile of firewood, 16 dehumidifiers, 20 duvet inners have not really been the best investment
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Kiwi WInter

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Call this a winter ? Apparently on the national news it keeps saying that it has been the coldest NZ winter for many a year, i crackup everytime i hear that ! Imagine a mild autumn in England with some sunshine most days (and a hot sun it is too !), that is a Wellie winter ! Yes there have been 4 or 5 cold days down to zero overnight, but apart from that , my 10 heaters, cubic mile of firewood, 16 dehumidifiers, 20 duvet inners have not really been the best investment
I thought last winter was colder (well in Auckland definitely) this year has most definitely been wetter
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:49 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I thought last winter was colder (well in Auckland definitely) this year has most definitely been wetter
Nearly as wet as a UK summer
Old Aug 6th 2007, 2:52 am
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who ever says Kiwi weather s worse than the UK really should remember the weeks of non stop rain you can get in Blighty - not to mention fog, cold, frosts. Just doesn't happen here at all. I think the weather here is fab - very few extremes of hot or cold.

Nice.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

It hardly rained in Wellie in the whole of May ! Yes, i love the changeable weather here too and the hot sun (we are on the same latitude as Madrid after all). It all makes predicting the weather forecasts a pretty difficult task, the official www.metservice.co.nz seems to consist of a man in a brown overall looking outside and updating the website accordingly
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Last winter was our first here, it was cold and mornings of frost, and dragged on. But still nothing like NE England. So far we can't complain about this winter. Just drove back from the shops, had to have the car windows open, that sun is strong but gorgeous.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Went to collect my son from Kindy... Im wandering around in a long sleeve tee but some kiwi mums wrapped up in thick coats.... I certainly still think this is mild for wintertime. I'm looking forward to spring and summer, I just love warm weather.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by niseysOH
Nearly as wet as a UK summer
mmm now that wouldnt be too difficult now based on the current weather there
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Boopy
Last winter was our first here, it was cold and mornings of frost, and dragged on. But still nothing like NE England. So far we can't complain about this winter. Just drove back from the shops, had to have the car windows open, that sun is strong but gorgeous.
I found last winter quite cold as well (first for me too) but some days were lovely as they have this winter

its lovely and sunny at the moment here in Auckland, but it was quite wet earlier today
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:54 am
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice

This winter has been much better than last year in Wellington - not as wet/windy (for weeks on end last year) and a few less frosts to date...

Matt
Old Aug 6th 2007, 6:04 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for winters in Welly!

Today, summer in the Chicago 'burbs: 90F / 32C, with 95% humidity. Six month ago it was 110F (about 52C?) colder than this. My car boot froze shut, couldn't get in to it for well over a month.

Today it rained. I went and stood out in it, despite the humidity. Long live rainfall!!! (sorry those in affected areas in the UK )
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I found last winter quite cold as well (first for me too) but some days were lovely as they have this winter

its lovely and sunny at the moment here in Auckland, but it was quite wet earlier today
Yes last winter was colder wasnt it... The winter before was more like this one.... rainy days then warm sunny days.

When it rains we dont moan as we need the water for our tanks.... I expect if it rained for days non-stop and the tanks were overflowing then I might moan about it!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:32 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Want to move to the south island with those 19 days of frosts? Better still move to Alexandria where its not only the coldest place in New Zealand but the hottest in summer
Or even Waiouru in the North Island then say winters are warm

Depends where you live on if you are having a mild or cold winter, down in the South island its been cold and its not exactly been to cold in the Central North Island this year either. Its been wet like today the sun came out for 10minutes the first time in a week

I can guarentee we will get thru 12 cubic Metres or more of Firewood this winter but heck we live 500m above sea level here better than when we lived in Raetihi or Ohakune, oh I miss the snow that lasted til lunchtime.
But heck got big white mountain 30 minutes away

Have not had a drive like this yet this year either

Last edited by Colin in the middle; Aug 6th 2007 at 10:38 am.
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:08 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Tawa has had a few more frosts than last year but it's generally been nicer this winter - definitely less rain and storms.
And more sunny days!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RobClubley
Tawa has had a few more frosts than last year but it's generally been nicer this winter - definitely less rain and storms.
And more sunny days!
All my Rellies live in Motueka , it is colder in winter but wow when the sun shines (i.e nearly all the day)
http://www.metservice.co.nz/default/...?alias=motueka

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.