Reload this Page >

Kiwi ways of saying stuff

Kiwi ways of saying stuff

Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:59 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kiwi ways of saying stuff

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
I went to play badminton and was confronted with a large notice on the door say "Div Training next Tuesday" - I had to explain to my kiwi club members that in England, we didn't have to train divs, they occurred naturally or by in-breeding.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

UKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond reputeUKNZAUS has a reputation beyond repute

pahahahahahaha

I've known a few div's in my time too !!! Great thread ... told my hubby I demanded a big 'dick' when we get to NZ !!! The look on his face was priceless !!!
Slightly resembled - :scared:
Old Nov 1st 2006, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
pahahahahahaha

I've known a few div's in my time too !!! Great thread ... told my hubby I demanded a big 'dick' when we get to NZ !!! The look on his face was priceless !!!
Slightly resembled - :scared:
good dicking is very expensive in new zealand huh?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 4:50 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
good dicking is very expensive in new zealand huh?
I may be able to solve this problem

Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:44 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Kiwi ways of saying stuff

Around the time of the July 7th bombings my Kiwi FIL rang me up to ask -

"Have there been any more skiers on the tube?"

WTF? Skiers on the tube

Say it in a Kiwi accent - you'll work it out - took me a while!

Buzzy
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:40 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Around the time of the July 7th bombings my Kiwi FIL rang me up to ask -

"Have there been any more skiers on the tube?"

WTF? Skiers on the tube

Say it in a Kiwi accent - you'll work it out - took me a while!

Buzzy
PMSL had to say that a couple of times before it clicked
Old Nov 1st 2006, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of

how did they get on the tube? i thought they were phasing out lifts??
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:14 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

maybe where you come from sour means something else too
I seriously doubt it.....when the milk has gone sour its no good anymore, it has spoiled or it is ruined....take your pick any of which im sure sky was meaning but shes perfectly free to think that, been there & done that with her before so is like water off a ducks back....life is too short to worry about silly trivial things like that. Im normally above replying to things like that. Guess I let my guard down a little but will make sure it doesnt happen again>
I make no apologies for my threads normally & without being rude suggest you do as I do, if you dont like what is said in them skip them & move on to the next posting.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shepslady
I seriously doubt it.....when the milk has gone sour its no good anymore, it has spoiled or it is ruined....take your pick any of which im sure sky was meaning but shes perfectly free to think that, been there & done that with her before so is like water off a ducks back....life is too short to worry about silly trivial things like that. Im normally above replying to things like that. Guess I let my guard down a little but will make sure it doesnt happen again>
I make no apologies for my threads normally & without being rude suggest you do as I do, if you dont like what is said in them skip them & move on to the next posting.
with regard to doing as you do, could you please lead by example?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:05 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

with regard to doing as you do, could you please lead by example?
seeing you put it so well of course I will oblige
Old Nov 9th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Just come back from Sydney : saw a rubbish skip branded "Rent-a-Dump" - didn't look inside to view the contents....
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Just come back from Sydney : saw a rubbish skip branded "Rent-a-Dump" - didn't look inside to view the contents....
Thought that was Oz is ??? whoops, still gotta stop this disliking Australians thing I do.

Going back to this "bash" thing. I don't thing it was used when I was living there. We used to say "bashed up" so maybe they shortened that down since I've been away.

Is everyone aware of the Islands/ Maori handshake which is different to the pakeha way. Find that odd.

Cheers
Dirk
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:10 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kerry & Dirk
Thought that was Oz is ??? whoops, still gotta stop this disliking Australians thing I do.

Going back to this "bash" thing. I don't thing it was used when I was living there. We used to say "bashed up" so maybe they shortened that down since I've been away.

Is everyone aware of the Islands/ Maori handshake which is different to the pakeha way. Find that odd.

Cheers
Dirk
Should I ask? But no, I'm not aware of it and hubby's half Maori!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Kerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really niceKerry & Dirk is just really nice

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Should I ask? But no, I'm not aware of it and hubby's half Maori!
Its not a normal handshake you expect, ask him he may know it.
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:22 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd resurrect this one

No-one's mentioned "pashing" i.e. snogging

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.