Kiwi TV

Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice
Default Re: Kiwi TV

do they have the big shows like heros, bones, town called eureka, lost etc over there, i hope so its the only tv I watch, to be honest don't really care if they don't i am not going so i can stay in the house all day.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:53 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
do they have the big shows like heros, bones, town called eureka, lost etc over there, i hope so its the only tv I watch, to be honest don't really care if they don't i am not going so i can stay in the house all day.
yep, we got heroes on terrestrial before the UK as at was not being shown on sat.
but you have to put up with ads every 5-7 minutes and that drives you mad.........
I live on DVD boxsets from the UK - just about the unwrap B/G Series 3 - yum!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:56 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Am I one of the few who's not bothered by telly being shite? We left our rental house last weekend and haven't got Sky out yet to get the hookup to the right place in the living room in the new house yet. Even though we can't even set up the DVD/VHS player (MAF want to inspect the shelves tomorrow ), we have DVDs and just watch them.

OR...

We actually (scroll down only if not faint of heart!)

... talk to each other!
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:00 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

TV is a take-it or leave-it in our house but having something to veg-out to on the odd evening is nice. I'd rather be off at the footie, karate, park or beach but come those cold winter nights you will miss having something to watch.
Even if it is half decent news/current affairs..........the latter of which seems to be none-existent when I want to watch it.
Oh and forget the radio other than NZ National and give up if you find Mary Wilson really annoying (like I do) cause she's the best "in your face" probing journo I can find on that station.......
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

ballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really niceballsrburning is just really nice

At the mow I tend to watch police 10/7 a lot as its always on men and motors in the uk. Also, we watch location, location, locatioan and my home my castle (think itsz called that), gives a bit of an insight into the NZ house market, and I justify it by seeing it as research.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:17 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
so its on the 10am to 1015am slot.....
face it, apart from Bro Town, Kiwi TV sucks.........
there may be a lot of pap from the UK but there is probably more quality television on the CBBC and CBeeBees channels than comes out of NZ (and for that matter Oz put together).......!
/ducks as all the NZ is best crowd aim for head/
Also the ad breaks are really really annoying and make watching a half-decent movie or show a real chore, especially if you have to get up at 0530h to get to work.....
apart from the comment about tv (i do think we get good shows....Welcome to Paradise notwithstanding...) i agree completely. TV ads here are annoying. Ans CBBC is great.

Of course i am completely addicted to outrageous fortune so as long as that keeps playing i don't really care what else is on
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:21 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ballsrburning
yep. as above. Actually, i am not sure we have a Town called Eureka yet though??

Lost was originally shown before the UK (I had to put up with my father saying things like "oh he dies...she has her baby....they do X....they do Y - which drove me mad). I think the last couple of season have been played roughly at the same time though.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 7:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond reputeBellasmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Right, never thought I would say this, but god I miss UK telly! Crying out for the BBC right now, Kiwi TV is just truelly awful..and not even any more Top Gear repeats on...arghhhh!!

I know am not here to watch telly, but spent yesterday with a stinking hangover and NOTHING to watch bar the Simpsons....its awful!!!
is this really about NZ telly or your drinking habits, or is NZ booze too strong ?

just kidding
Old Dec 4th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of lightdlmckay is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lardyl
Oh and forget the radio other than NZ National and give up if you find Mary Wilson really annoying (like I do) cause she's the best "in your face" probing journo I can find on that station.......
I detest Mary Wilson too - she's just horrendous. Putting words into people's mouths and with a journalistic technique similar to a starving dog with a bone

Not all kiwi tv is dire. Outrageous Fortune has to be the best of the homegrown programmes - very funny, well written and well acted.

All the usual yank programmes are here - Survivor, Bones, Will Traveller, Heros and 24 are all currently playing atm. Earlier this year we had Lost, Greys Anatomy... all good programmes

What is annoying is the adverts every 10 minutes!!!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dlmckay
Not all kiwi tv is dire. ......?????
What is annoying is the adverts every 10 minutes!!!
News is a must- anything else is .....
Adverts- apart from being so frequent- are so lacking in finesse/ humour/ability to SELL- c.r.i.n.g.e.t.i.m.e.!

It's great!
Bad weather-No worries. Books!!!! Loads of books!
Fantastic local library selection.
Found loads of new authors on NZ visits!

Be damned if I'm going to suffer withdrawal symptoms re - UK TV!
Withdrawal from Tobacco is bad enough!

and to hell with talking to each other!
Don't know enough about Rugby to be allowed to express an opinion on it!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 6:51 am
you dewty owld maan!

Originally Posted by Kiwiprincess
apart from the comment about tv (i do think we get good shows....Welcome to Paradise notwithstanding...) i agree completely. TV ads here are annoying. Ans CBBC is great.

Of course i am completely addicted to outrageous fortune so as long as that keeps playing i don't really care what else is on
you are probably right, just I can't see the wood for the trees out there, what with all the US programmes, and the darned ads......I do love Bro Town though!!!