Kiwi-lingo

Old Nov 8th 2008, 7:32 pm

Jokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant future
Default Kiwi-lingo

The way the kiwis yabber. Of course, they don't think they have an accent...

http://karldufresne.blogspot.com/200...y-we-talk.html
Another marked change in the New Zealand voice not covered in the Sunday item is the number of New Zealand men who, although heterosexual, speak in a way that would have once been considered effeminate.

Last edited by Jokerman; Nov 8th 2008 at 7:35 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

janek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to beholdjanek is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kiwi-lingo

Originally Posted by Jokerman
The way the kiwis yabber. Of course, they don't think they have an accent...

http://karldufresne.blogspot.com/200...y-we-talk.html

Don't they?? I thought everyone had an accent, no matter who they are, I am not sure what point you are trying to make....not very good for someone who has studied journalism.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

jokerman

where do you live? just asking as you dont seem to have anything nice or constructive about anything in NZ
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:17 am

Jokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant futureJokerman has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by carolineshewan
jokerman

where do you live? just asking as you dont seem to have anything nice or constructive about anything in NZ
Ok, just for you, something nice... The scenery is nice. I hope you don't think I am trying to piss on your parade? It must be an exciting time for you as you are about to embark on a journey to the other side of the world. All the best in the future. I have my opinions on NZ, and I agree, not everyone will feel the same. I hope NZ is everything you want, and more.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:24 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jokerman
Ok, just for you, something nice... The scenery is nice.
Do you think so? At best it's no different to Scotland and at worst it's all weird volcanic mountains.

I wouldn't say it was nice like the Cotswalds are nice.

Big, dramatic, dotted with sheds...yes.

Nice...no.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute

well if its like scotland for scenery i would say it will be beautiful. Scotland i would say has the most beautiful scenery in the world and i know lots the world over that come to scotland for there holiday say the same so im not just being biased, unfortunatly scotland is a part of the UK and its crap to live in

but yea nice to hear you say something nice for a change tyty
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:59 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Avid
Do you think so? At best it's no different to Scotland and at worst it's all weird volcanic mountains.
Hi Avid, interesting view (as always).
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:03 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

well if its like scotland for scenery i would say it will be beautiful. Scotland i would say has the most beautiful scenery in the world and i know lots the world over that come to scotland for there holiday say the same so im not just being biased, unfortunatly scotland is a part of the UK and its crap to live in

but yea nice to hear you say something nice for a change tyty
And the weather is shit in scotland...and its full of scottish...joke joke
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Nice...no.
Yes, it's exactly like Scotland. Full of ferns, pohutakau trees, palm trees etc. Just like Scotland.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 9:15 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by waynepfry
Yes, it's exactly like Scotland. Full of ferns, pohutakau trees, palm trees etc. Just like Scotland.
ha ha good one.....
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

Nice...no.

Of course the scenery isn't nice in NZ - it is fabulous, dramatic, awesome, breathtaking - Cotswold is Nice but not Breathtaking or Dramatic - can't comment on Scotland but I hear say it is as near to the South Island landscape as you can get. Scotland is well - scotland!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

jokerman

Blantyre to New Zealand ..... you might notice a change ....... hahaha no kids hangign about on corners
Old Nov 10th 2008, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute

Nice...no.
Have you actually been to Scotland ........ volcaninc mountains ..... not that many in Scotland to be fair

IMO the views here in south island are breathtaking at times
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:23 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alanmacc
Have you actually been to Scotland ........ volcaninc mountains ..... not that many in Scotland to be fair

IMO the views here in south island are breathtaking at times
Yes, but the defining scenery of Scotland/NZ that is most alpine (like the Southern, erm, Alps.....) is essentially volcanic or as the result of the action of glaciers, etc on that type of rock - look at the Red Cullin, Black Cullin, even Edinburgh's landscape......ever walked the Cullin Rigde or looked out over Skye from the Southern tops?? The area is peppered with old volcanic rocks, volcanoes, as are other parts of Scotland.......most of them rather older than those in Auckland but similar......

This is all to do with volcanic activity...plus there are lots of the other features that result from similar processes to those that went on in NZ.

Our Alps and Fjords are similar to Scotaland's mountains and sea lochs, just on a different scale....eh?

But Avid does like to turn the handle some times.......but he is not that far wide of the mark.......on that part at least.......

And on the palm tree front - its not as stupid as some would characterise.....ever been to Plockton on the West Coast and seen the palm trees there......thank the Gulf Stream and a ring of hills for that one.
Old Nov 11th 2008, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lardyl
And on the palm tree front - its not as stupid as some would characterise.....ever been to Plockton on the West Coast and seen the palm trees there......thank the Gulf Stream and a ring of hills for that one.

I have and it is pretty strange - but it is the only place in Scotland to have them. The hills are hardly cloaked in swathes of palm trees. It's a bit like saying England's full of tigers because one escaped from the zoo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.