Kiwi Housing

Old Aug 4th 2014, 12:46 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold
Default Kiwi Housing

I know there has been, and will be, a lot of talk about kiwi housing
This is so funny make sure you watch to the end

Last edited by moonie2011; Aug 4th 2014 at 12:52 am.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 2:32 am
Forum Regular

The harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really niceThe harrisons is just really nice
Default Re: Kiwi Housing

Old Aug 4th 2014, 5:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I love these. My German friend has a Kiwi husband and he sends me these every so often. He knows I have a legitimate complaint and that I'm not being a whingeing pom for expressing my feelings about it.

Have you watched any of the others Moonie?
Old Aug 4th 2014, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix

Have you watched any of the others Moonie?
No Vital I haven't, I stole it off a expat facebook page I belong to, may have to google and watch a few more
Old Aug 4th 2014, 6:30 am
wish I wasn't here!

Sparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond reputeSparkleydiva has a reputation beyond repute

How very accurate. oohhhhh radiators!
Old Aug 4th 2014, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

This is the reason kiwi's seem to be obsessed which way their houses face, in a lot of cases a window is the main/only source of heating.
Old Aug 4th 2014, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

marooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud ofmarooned5 has much to be proud of

I'm laughing under my 15 fleeces and balaclava
Old Aug 4th 2014, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

This is why we're seriously considering building our own home if we make it over! The other cartoons are really funny but do you really not have recycling from the home there?
Old Aug 4th 2014, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

desmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nicedesmondo84 is just really nice

Arriving over at the end of August and getting slightly scared about the housing stories!!

What is the minimum I should look out for?

Cheers
Des
Old Aug 4th 2014, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
This is why we're seriously considering building our own home if we make it over! The other cartoons are really funny but do you really not have recycling from the home there?
We do have recycling and you can recycle more stuff than we could in Devon. Because we have to pay for the rubbish sacks, around $3 each, I find I recycle a lot more than I did in the UK. Also most food waste goes in the waste disposale
Old Aug 4th 2014, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

davros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond reputedavros1984 has a reputation beyond repute

That video is hilarious! Had the same experience as that living in 5 different Kiwi houses
Old Aug 5th 2014, 1:55 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hazelnut
do you really not have recycling from the home there?
I don't want to divert the thread but we don't have recycling from home. We take it to the, 'Resource Recovery Centre' like we used to just for old microwave ovens etc. (We could still drop off our old microwave oven, t.v. etc there, and yes, there is a charge for old electrical goods, just like there is in Britain.)

We would have to pay extra for a recycle bin and it's just not worth it. We may as well recycle what we can by saving it up and regularly drop it off into the various bins at the recycle centre.

We lease our wheelie bin as an extra on a six monthly renewable contract. It doesn't come out of our rates/council tax payments. That means our household rubbish is collected each week here. Not each fortnight like it was in Britain. I was suprised/impressed that it was collected on Boxing Day one year here in New Zealand as that's when our bin collection was due.

We have gone back to putting our food waste directly into the bin. Albeit the, 'pig bin' we had in Britain was only put in place as a correction to a system that was not working properly because of the change to fortnightly collections.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Aug 5th 2014 at 1:59 am. Reason: focus
Old Aug 5th 2014, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desmondo84
Arriving over at the end of August and getting slightly scared about the housing stories!!

Cheers
Des
Land
Old Aug 5th 2014, 4:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmondo84 View Post
Cheers
Des

Land
Come on that's not helpful is it. Always look for a sofa on the front lawn of any rental and weeping windows is usually a good indicator of a much sought after property.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

You expect to get more than the minimum?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.