Kiwi drivers

Old Jun 17th 2013, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kiwi drivers

So, that will be the first car owned in New Zealand, and for only 7 months, written off then

Every day driving to work and back is dicing with death given the low driving standards / general awareness levels here.

For my car to be parked neatly in a space in the work car park and written off though, well boy the driver must have been doing some really special manoeuvre to manage to achieve that.

Old Jun 18th 2013, 12:43 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi drivers

Impressive! At least you weren't hurt.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 8:45 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Kiwi drivers

Maybe you should spec an oversized wrap around bumper on your new car. Like those fair ground cars.

The thing that I'd say is just go with the flow until ACC is repealed and insurance made compulsory.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 8:58 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

hope you got their details. glad no one hurt, unless someone was and it was the driver and it wasn't fatal or life debilitating (sp) then good
Old Jun 19th 2013, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

If I makes you feel any better (I doubt it will), driving around various parts of Western Austrlia and New South Wales over the past 3 weeks has been, umm, interesting at times.

Off up to Queensland tomorrow, will report what the different is up there, if any.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

madao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond reputemadao has a reputation beyond repute

Got their details, liability acknowledged and insurance ready to pay out as soon as iv had the new stereo removed.

It was one of the Wellington Airport staff in his work Ute. He reported to his boss as it happened on airport.For those that may recall the thread I made when I bought the car we hadn't had the best of luck with it so maybe it's for the best.

Ill steer away from MG's next time and buy something Japanese!

What concerns me is next time I go for insurance ill have to mark yes to the fact iv had a claim even though it was totally not may fault. Apparently it still gets recorded on a central claims register all insurers can access. Hope that's not a way to bump the premiums!
Old Jun 19th 2013, 9:12 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madao
Got their details, liability acknowledged and insurance ready to pay out as soon as iv had the new stereo removed.

It was one of the Wellington Airport staff in his work Ute. He reported to his boss as it happened on airport.For those that may recall the thread I made when I bought the car we hadn't had the best of luck with it so maybe it's for the best.

Ill steer away from MG's next time and buy something Japanese!

What concerns me is next time I go for insurance ill have to mark yes to the fact iv had a claim even though it was totally not may fault. Apparently it still gets recorded on a central claims register all insurers can access. Hope that's not a way to bump the premiums!
So long you were not to blame and the insurance company gets the costs paid for (which it sounds like they will), it shouldn't affect your premiums.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Snap, wife has just been hit by some idiot pulling out of a side road without looking. Car sounds like a write off, sounds like she's ok. I think over here in Chch with our constant road works, people aren't leaving enough time for journeys. Added to poor driving standards over here and you've got a panel beaters dream.
Also ironic as her nearly new suzuki has just had $7000 worth of repairs after getting trashed in last years monster hail.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

If your not at fault (which it sounds as if you weren't), your premium will not go up at all

When it comes to renewing the insurance, just say that you had an accident, not your fault, other party at fault. No increase

Just count your chickens that the person that did this won't be able to claim whiplash using some cretinous ambulance chasing company. Well I don't think those see you next tuesdays are popular or exist over here. Bar the Earthquake solicitors fighting the hopeless EQC and CERA, I don't hear much about being able to sue for slipping on a wet floor
Old Jun 20th 2013, 11:10 pm

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark Smith
Snap, wife has just been hit by some idiot pulling out of a side road without looking. Car sounds like a write off, sounds like she's ok. I think over here in Chch with our constant road works, people aren't leaving enough time for journeys. Added to poor driving standards over here and you've got a panel beaters dream.
Also ironic as her nearly new suzuki has just had $7000 worth of repairs after getting trashed in last years monster hail.
That's dreadful. Glad she's ok. How galling that it's probably a write off after so much work being done to it.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 11:16 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
. Bar the Earthquake solicitors fighting the hopeless EQC and CERA, I don't hear much about being able to sue for slipping on a wet floor
I think that might be related to ACC -you're not allowed to sue for personal injury. I'm not completely sure about the details.