The KIWI BAR

Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: The KIWI BAR

I'll take that drink and see you another. Here's a long glass of fizzy fire water for Kija .
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:28 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
And a fizzy water for you
Hoping to hear you've made it through NZIS and are making your way over here soon.

Saw on another thread you've just been to Cambodia. I love history and visiting historical sites so I found the country fascinating even though some of that history and those sites were horrific.
Places like the killing fields and Tuol Sleng are not really 'holiday destinations' but visiting them really brings home what actually happened there. Siem Reap and the temples were great, so very unusual and HUGE! We saw dolphins on the Mekong
And some lucky Cambodian child got a pint of my blood- courtesy of the Siem Reap children's hospital Aah memories of a very interesting, sad, thoughtful and great holiday.... better stop now or I'll be accused of being the maudling old drunk who'll bore anyone who comes too close to death
Thanks Persephone! Can't believe we might just make it there after all!!!

Wow Cambodia, I fell in love with the place and the people. Angkor Wat is amazing and I'm not easily impressed (I do live by the Pyramids after all) but wow the temples surpassed the Pyramids IMO!

I didn't see any dolphins we were supposed to stay in Siem Reap for 2 days then back to Bangkok but got stuck in Cambodia as our Thai visa was only single entry, which worked out fine because we got to see Phnom Penh which was also lovely

The history is definitely shocking and sad as are the many amputees we saw. The poverty is terrible as well, maybe worse than some of the poorer places here in Egypt

How wonderful of you to donate blood at the children's hospital - we saw it several times and it looked very good, is it as good on the inside as it is on the outside? Cambodia doesn't seem to be very famous for its healthcare unfortunately.

Enough or I'll be kicked out, a round for everyone! I love this site
Old Jun 16th 2011, 8:28 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
I'll take that drink and see you another. Here's a long glass of fizzy fire water for Kija .
Old Jun 17th 2011, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

YIPPEE I've finished my school reports..a week early...I must be ill....quick sling me a vat of bubbly vino
And do please free to join me...bring your own straw x
Old Jun 17th 2011, 10:38 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
YIPPEE I've finished my school reports..a week early...I must be ill....quick sling me a vat of bubbly vino
And do please free to join me...bring your own straw x
Time to party then

Straw...pah...I'll have mine straight from the bottle, I can drink it quicker that way
Old Jun 17th 2011, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Time to party then

Straw...pah...I'll have mine straight from the bottle, I can drink it quicker that way
Going to treat myself with a bit of sewing, got an order for one of my ragdolls, now I can get paid for indulging myself
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:05 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kija
Thanks Persephone! Can't believe we might just make it there after all!!!

Wow Cambodia, I fell in love with the place and the people. Angkor Wat is amazing and I'm not easily impressed (I do live by the Pyramids after all) but wow the temples surpassed the Pyramids IMO!

I didn't see any dolphins we were supposed to stay in Siem Reap for 2 days then back to Bangkok but got stuck in Cambodia as our Thai visa was only single entry, which worked out fine because we got to see Phnom Penh which was also lovely

The history is definitely shocking and sad as are the many amputees we saw. The poverty is terrible as well, maybe worse than some of the poorer places here in Egypt

How wonderful of you to donate blood at the children's hospital - we saw it several times and it looked very good, is it as good on the inside as it is on the outside? Cambodia doesn't seem to be very famous for its healthcare unfortunately.

Enough or I'll be kicked out, a round for everyone! I love this site
Yes the poverty was terrible and difficult to cope with at times, you can't help everyone. I did like Phnom Penh, you can see the French influence in the architecture though for obvious reasons it is all very rundown and shabby now. Parts of my visit there were incredibly sad but I am still glad I saw some of those 'sights' [for wont of a better word]. They were not enjoyable but were very powerful places, those who were around at the time want these places to be seen so that what happened is never forgotten - same as the Nazi concentration camps.
We saw the dolphins when we went to the NE of the country before going to Laos.
The children's hospital was very good, it was run by a Swiss doctor who set it up to the same standards as a Swiss hospital. Inside was big, airy and very clean. I only walked through to the bleeding room and was interested to find they checked my blood pressure and also ran a PCV [% red cells in whole blood]. They never did that in the UK!!
I've been there twice now [met Mr S and he wanted to visit and I was quite happy to go back!] and could go back again, plenty of temples around Angkor Wat that I didn't see
I wouldn't say the pyramids were surpassed by Angkor Wat, they are impressive in a different way

Last edited by Persephone; Jun 17th 2011 at 11:36 am.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 11:06 am
Queen of the Underworld

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Going to treat myself with a bit of sewing, got an order for one of my ragdolls, now I can get paid for indulging myself
Not quite the evening's activity I was thinking of
Old Jun 17th 2011, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not quite the evening's activity I was thinking of
Panic not i can drink and sew at the same time
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Not a lot to say just wanted to remove the troll post from the front page But whilst Im here....
Old Jun 18th 2011, 9:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mmmmmm.....just made lovely shortbread following receipe from Pixi-dusts blog, scrumptious thanks Pixi x
Old Jun 21st 2011, 6:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Two bottles of Pinot Gris purlease for starters. Forget the straws. I'll have a pint glass.
What a rotten, rubbish stinky day in my life and me Hollycat is poorly again and is in the vets overnight and has lost weight and looks a bit rubbish to be honest and I am worried and I have no washing machine coz it needs mending after just 4 years just like the dishwasher did last Christmas , also after just 4 years and the top loader thing at the launderetee mashed my clothes and left the usual cold wash scum crud and I got bit by a sand fly whilst there in the middle of winter ! and the husband got grouchy coz he finished work after just a couple of hours early and thought woopydoo, fun - but I didn't - income ! - and he got mega grouchy when the gate he was building was all the wrong size and he knew I knew it before him coz I have eyes in my head and he got more grouchy when he realised the TV is also playing up so won't just switch to attention for him and I waited a month for my Family Tree Maker to arrive coz I have people's trees and need reports and it won't print reports coz of something complicated and not only that but I paid $$$ for it and the customs docket said it was worth just $10 less than the flamin' postage and I wanted a holiday ( 2nd one in 8 years here in NZ ) but if work is short again we can't afford that again and I wanted a weekend away in the Sounds since before Christmas and it never happened coz of all things getting in the way and he then had 24/7 callouts some weekends and now the weather sucks and is all wain and mud and I'm gonna sink a bottle.
Old Jun 21st 2011, 9:16 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

For you BEVS ...

Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:44 am
Queen of the Underworld

Awww BEVS, and I thought I was having a bad week. Have as many drinks on me as you want or need
Hope Hollycat picks up, PM me if you want
Old Jun 21st 2011, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Two bottles of Pinot Gris purlease for starters. Forget the straws. I'll have a pint glass.
What a rotten, rubbish stinky day in my life and me Hollycat is poorly again and is in the vets overnight and has lost weight and looks a bit rubbish to be honest and I am worried and I have no washing machine coz it needs mending after just 4 years just like the dishwasher did last Christmas , also after just 4 years and the top loader thing at the launderetee mashed my clothes and left the usual cold wash scum crud and I got bit by a sand fly whilst there in the middle of winter ! and the husband got grouchy coz he finished work after just a couple of hours early and thought woopydoo, fun - but I didn't - income ! - and he got mega grouchy when the gate he was building was all the wrong size and he knew I knew it before him coz I have eyes in my head and he got more grouchy when he realised the TV is also playing up so won't just switch to attention for him and I waited a month for my Family Tree Maker to arrive coz I have people's trees and need reports and it won't print reports coz of something complicated and not only that but I paid $$$ for it and the customs docket said it was worth just $10 less than the flamin' postage and I wanted a holiday ( 2nd one in 8 years here in NZ ) but if work is short again we can't afford that again and I wanted a weekend away in the Sounds since before Christmas and it never happened coz of all things getting in the way and he then had 24/7 callouts some weekends and now the weather sucks and is all wain and mud and I'm gonna sink a bottle.
Breathe woman, breathe
Drinks for you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.