The KIWI BAR

Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:22 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The KIWI BAR

<walks up to bar and grabs a stool>

<bangs head on bar>

Anybody got anything medicinal in here? I've had a bad day...

WP
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Have 8 in a bucket to help with the headache you now have. I'll fetch a syphon tube.

I'll have my usual two bottles of Shiraz and two straws.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Just getting ready to go see the AB's at Carisbrook so thought I'd pop in for a quick one. Hope they play well. I have learnt the words to the NZ national anthem ( english version only at the moment) so can't wait to sing my heart out and watch the Haka.

Mind you might have probs with the old voice box after rugby this morning.My eldest son Andrew played a blinder today....scored his first ever try then scored 3 more his coach was beside himself so you can imagine how I felt. Will admit I had a tear in my eye when he scored the first one as he has been desperate to do so. He plays hooker so not many opportunities usually. One proud mother here. Off to the house of pain then,see you all later.

Phyl x
Old Jun 19th 2010, 6:34 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Just getting ready to go see the AB's at Carisbrook so thought I'd pop in for a quick one. Hope they play well. I have learnt the words to the NZ national anthem ( english version only at the moment) so can't wait to sing my heart out and watch the Haka.
woo hoo have great time

Mind you might have probs with the old voice box after rugby this morning.My eldest son Andrew played a blinder today....scored his first ever try then scored 3 more his coach was beside himself so you can imagine how I felt. Will admit I had a tear in my eye when he scored the first one as he has been desperate to do so. He plays hooker so not many opportunities usually. One proud mother here. Off to the house of pain then,see you all later.
awww well done the boy

Phyl x
Dewb
Old Jun 19th 2010, 12:11 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Andrew, 4 tries!!!! Well done
Drinks on the bar to celebrate

Thanks B and Dewb- telepathic karma on your way since I cannot give you any without spreading myself around.
Really really want this job Second boss definitely restored my faith in employers
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:10 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Bit late to assist in the headache cure WP .....but hopefully its gone now mind you it may well come back if you've guzzled the 8from Bev's....noticed she was sticking to her fav vino, so will probably have a sore head too

Anyway a few of these for those in need of a hair of the dog
couple for Phyl to ease the excitment and to toast the proudest Mum in NZ (deservedly so!!)

and a big glass of whatever young rugby players drink these days....fantastic!!!

Cheers all
B x
Old Jun 19th 2010, 10:45 pm
Near the outer fringe

JohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond reputeJohnThePom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Have 8 in a bucket to help with the headache you now have. I'll fetch a syphon tube.

I'll have my usual two bottles of Shiraz and two straws.
Oh....burp.... cheerz... soz about the delay... took me a while to recover!

Here u go Hair of the dog.

WP
Old Jun 19th 2010, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Woodpigeon and Persephone......good luck with jobs

Thanks for the karma Persephone.....but he'll be an AB over my dead Scottish body

The match at Carisbrook was amazing,the atmosphere was out of this world,and the result fantastic . They gave the Brook a great send off. The Haka...need I say more;the mexican waves with the bottles flying in the air above the Terrace;the helicopter landing on the pitch to take a bit of the turf to lay in the new stadium;the massed pipes and drums playing Auld Lang Syne;the lone piper on top of the main stand and the fireworks at the end......what a night. Then we came home and watched the whole thing again to see the bits we'd missed.....with a few glasses of vino of course. Could even make out where we were sitting in the crowd

And to top it all off we have got our Rugby World Cup tickets Got email saying if successful money out bank 17th-25th........and ours is out. Roll on Sep 2011.

Phyl x
Old Jun 20th 2010, 12:31 am

Woodpigeon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weejie
Woodpigeon and Persephone......good luck with jobs
x
Thanks Phyl, and congrats for your son Mine scored the three goals of a 3-1 victory at hockey on Tuesday, and three of the 10-0 at football the following day! I just wonder how far he could go with his sports if he put himself forward a bit more

Forgive me if I've got it wrong but I thought that both Otago and the Highlanders have a season yet to play at Carisbrook before it is actually shut down, so a bit premature to farewell it to such an extreme last night?
Old Jun 20th 2010, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Woodpigeon
Thanks Phyl, and congrats for your son Mine scored the three goals of a 3-1 victory at hockey on Tuesday, and three of the 10-0 at football the following day! I just wonder how far he could go with his sports if he put himself forward a bit more

Forgive me if I've got it wrong but I thought that both Otago and the Highlanders have a season yet to play at Carisbrook before it is actually shut down, so a bit premature to farewell it to such an extreme last night?
You are correct but it is the last AB test to be held there so hence the big send off.

Good to hear your son is doing well in sports,my youngest wants to do sports professionally in some form or other......could be a phys ed teacher I suppose!

Phyl x
Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:18 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Dewb09 - I see you are now a "Concierge"....

Did I miss something? I have definitely missed the celebration drinks....

So, how about you pay your round n explain me your new duties?? Does it mean I get to order as many Percy pigs as I want??

Old Jun 21st 2010, 9:50 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matewx
Dewb09 - I see you are now a "Concierge"....

Did I miss something? I have definitely missed the celebration drinks....

So, how about you pay your round n explain me your new duties?? Does it mean I get to order as many Percy pigs as I want??

never too late for a drinkie for you

I am now in the role of meet & greet, have been practicing my Queen like wave and "howww does one do"

Mmmmm now is a little consignment on its way already

D xx
Old Jun 21st 2010, 10:39 am
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dewb09
never too late for a drinkie for you

I am now in the role of meet & greet, have been practicing my Queen like wave and "howww does one do"

Mmmmm now is a little consignment on its way already

D xx
Please may I offer everyone a drink on me??? I am back online and now back to being faithful to expats again Hi everyone
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:07 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by willand tina_h
Please may I offer everyone a drink on me??? I am back online and now back to being faithful to expats again Hi everyone
YAY!!!! The usual 7 bottles of Bolly please, and an IV drip!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 11:39 am
Near the outer fringe

Jeepers... second moderator knocking them back with gusto!

Don't you guys understand the meaning of moderate!!

<WP stands back and looks on with awe and not just a little fear...>

I'll have a fizzy mineral water with ice please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.