The KIWI BAR

Old Apr 27th 2010, 7:27 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The KIWI BAR

Originally Posted by weejie

MnB....did I miss something??? I see from another thread you are headed back to UK was this your plan to have a longish break here and return? I thought that this was you here as it was. Or am I getting the wrong end of the stick? Especially as you were getting into our wines so much.....or was the plan to try to drink the winery dry before you left

After extensive research I'm now just focusing on the Morton Estate, it is almost embarrasing that we're recognised there now but will be sure to leave lots for the kiwi bar!!

Yep, we're heading home....plan was to 'suck it & see' how things worked out, but while I've enjoyed extensive research & sampling NZ wines, making new friends and NZ in general I now know that NZ is not my 'home'....maybe my 2nd home one day but till we retire the UK is where we can be comfortable.

Persephone.....sorry to hear of the bad start to your job,but at least you know it's not you. They say it is easier to find a job when you're already in one so are you looking again?

Hope Persephone doesn't erupt or avoids boss till after 15th May ....Keep your cool Sue!!

Drinks are lined up for those of you who want them,all on me...as long as I can pour them sitting down

Thanks Phyl.....my glass is always within reach I'll just get another bottle opened

Cheers

Phyl x
Cheers B x
Old Apr 28th 2010, 5:06 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Feeling better today, probably as I've had a day off. Plan is to stay cool and not let all his crap bother me; also to have some replies ready for when he starts so I'm not just reacting off the cuff.
For various reasons I asked for a temporary position to start with which will go till the end of the year and I can choose to stay or go then. Am looking out for jobs though and originally sent my CV out to everyone in the area so they know I exist when a job comes up

Phyl, thanks and get well soon. Just enjoy this time when you can lie around all day expecting others to bring you whatever you desire

B, will try not to blow before the 15th MayThough not sure I'm powerful enough to cause such disruption that planes will be grounded...Just don't drink NZ dry between now and then if you can possibly avoid it, some of us who are staying need our regular medication
Old Apr 28th 2010, 7:26 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Gizus a drink or 20 Bluddy , bluddy nightmares. Some folks are stark staring MAD
Where is the care and the love.

Right then. Liver disease for everyone here.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 7:27 am
`

Oh ! & can I just say that my friends need to learn to quote. I'll sort a package.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:13 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Gizus a drink or 20 Bluddy , bluddy nightmares. Some folks are stark staring MAD

X 20 coming up

Here!!

Detoxing....cup of tea for me please
Old Apr 28th 2010, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm one of the MAD ones - that's the official view anyway.
So line em up and turn the gas on.....
Old Apr 28th 2010, 11:41 pm
`

Originally Posted by MnB
Detoxing....cup of tea for me please
AArrgghh! You want to re-hydrate? It's bad for the soul, you know.

or did Morton Estate simply run out.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:01 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Somehow I've ended up as the sober driver tonight? That never happens and I pride myself on always getting out of it. What have I done wrong? I may have to convince my eldest that there's gas money in it for her if she chauffeurs ...

So I'll have my usual virtual Bolly in the meantime.

What have I missed in the bar - anyone care to provide a quick synopsis?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:50 am
MnB

AArrgghh! You want to re-hydrate? It's bad for the soul, you know.

or did Morton Estate simply run out.

not quite managed to drink ME dry.... yet.....still got 2 weeks to go tho

No wheels on the wagon tonight.... cheers!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:41 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Somehow I've ended up as the sober driver tonight? That never happens and I pride myself on always getting out of it. What have I done wrong? I may have to convince my eldest that there's gas money in it for her if she chauffeurs ...

What have I missed in the bar - anyone care to provide a quick synopsis?
Ooh Am Loo, must have been a moment of weakness no point having kids if there not going to drive you about

Story so far:

Weejie: Throwing herself downstairs, on crutches (daytime drinking if you ask me )

Persephone:Going to explode like volcano any time soon (hence we are wearing waterproofs )

J19fmm: New tattoo v nice, apparently going mad (only just realised apparently )

MnB: Drinking her way through Morton Estate (on detox now )

Matewx:Last seen heading off to Fiji (no doubt blaming volcanic ash so he has to stay longer )

Dewb: Sttttiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll waiting on house sale to complete

Oh while I'm here then cheers

Dewb xx
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dewb09
J19fmm: New tattoo v nice, apparently going mad (only just realised apparently )

Dewb xx
It's not that I've just noticed its more that those that 'know' have noticed now too.....
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Weejie: Throwing herself downstairs, on crutches (daytime drinking if you ask me )
I wish!!

Phyl x
Old Apr 30th 2010, 4:20 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Wheres the Bolly Am Loo promised

Dewb
Old May 1st 2010, 12:26 am
MnB

[QUOT

MnB: Drinking her way through Morton Estate (on detox now )

Detox made no difference to early morning headache must be a bug so pass the bottle I'll just run another test

Matewx:Last seen heading off to Fiji (no doubt blaming volcanic ash so he has to stay longer )

Matewx not back yet??.....don't blame him for making the most of it

[/QUOTE]

Think theres still some of Am Loolah's bolly in the chiller.....if your quick .....

Old May 1st 2010, 5:25 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

I tried....
Nope had to come back & the return to reality was real hard!!!
We had a wicked time!!! When I get round to it, I shall post some pics...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.