The KIWI BAR

Old Sep 10th 2009, 12:06 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The KIWI BAR

Here it is;

Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:38 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well, I've got my second half marathon on the 4th October and this time I'm attempting running and walking. It is addictive. I felt so proud of myself after walking the first one in 3 hours 4 minutes and so out of my comfort zone. I've upped the anti for this next one. Not only have I walked to the shop for my fags once as per last training schedule, I have added sparkling water to my wine this last week. I'm so on to it ...
THEN, once you run one you will want to improve!

I now run 7K on Tuesdays, 5K on Wednesdays then either 7K Sat & same Sunday or 10K+ Sundays...

My friends & family in France & UK can not believe me...

This has got to be the best thing that has come out of our move to NZ...
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Where's my dram then? Managed 3 laps tonight

How's it all going Phyl? Still living my dream? x
Here you go,a promise from me to you......a dram of the finest Scottish malt of your choice for every lap completed. To have at the end of each lap or saved up until the end of each session, your choice Available anytime from the bar,just put it on my tab. on 2nd thoughts maybe best to save it as each lap will take longer if you have the drams after a lap!!

To answer your other question,yes we are still living the dream. OH still looking for work and has applied for at least one job every day for the past 5 weeks but still no luck. Some people haven't even replied to say thanks but no thanks He has applied for full and part time,jobs that I would not even have considered for him ( customer services) to jobs he is qualified to do. I am picking up extra shifts at work just now to help out financially although we are still ok in that dept in the money we brought with us but want to keep it in the savings account as long as poss.

Good luck and I recommend the 12 year old Bruichladdich

Phyl x
Old Sep 10th 2009, 10:39 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Really hoping your OH finds a job soon, if only so that you can have some time off from the extra shifts! It must be hard to move here and have that uncertainty but perseverence always pays off eventually.
Barman give Phyl a couple of bottles of Merlot

Job hunting is something I'm going to have to start again soon and I'm not looking forward to it. It was fairly easy here-only 6/7 practices and the one I chose was the one I came out of and told Mr Sue that that was where I wanted to work. My first impressions were correctI can't imagine I'll be that lucky again

Drinks at the bar for all you healthy runners out there, that's if you're not too busy doing sensible things like exercise and drinking isotonic drinks...
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:38 pm
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
To answer your other question,yes we are still living the dream. OH still looking for work and has applied for at least one job every day for the past 5 weeks but still no luck. Some people haven't even replied to say thanks but no thanks He has applied for full and part time,jobs that I would not even have considered for him ( customer services) to jobs he is qualified to do. I am picking up extra shifts at work just now to help out financially although we are still ok in that dept in the money we brought with us but want to keep it in the savings account as long as poss.
Hey Phyl,
We're in the same boat... OH applies here there & everywhere....
The only difference is that am on salary so Overtime or not makes no difference...
Here's to hope!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

On the job front , if it makes you lot feel any better, my cuzzy has been applying for jobs here in UK for the last few months with no luck at all, until today when he has managed to pick up some bar work locally. It's really depressing for him But we're hoping our looking after him here will bring us karma in NZ eventually
Thanks for the dram (s) Phyl, didn't run so far tonight, it's been really hot today - at last !
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:47 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Wooly_Cow;7918547]Time to raise a glass (of Chianti I think!) to Mr. Capello for turning a group of individuals into something resembling a team - All Blacks take note!

Salute!

I'll drink to that, lets hope he has a plan for penalty shoot outs

Dewb

Last edited by Dewb09; Sep 10th 2009 at 8:47 pm. Reason: gremlins
Old Sep 10th 2009, 8:51 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Well, I've got my second half marathon on the 4th October and this time I'm attempting running and walking. It is addictive. I felt so proud of myself after walking the first one in 3 hours 4 minutes and so out of my comfort zone. I've upped the anti for this next one. Not only have I walked to the shop for my fags once as per last training schedule, I have added sparkling water to my wine this last week. I'm so on to it ...
Aww bless you, your so commited

Feel to get out my trainers again, or maybe NOT

Dewb x
Old Sep 12th 2009, 6:52 pm
Scorchy legs

:curse:

Line them up, bad day....................... just had lovely new wood floor fitted (finally) so now the stopcock decides to develope a leak and has ruined the floor

So now will have v expensive plumber bill to repair its straight forward and will have to replace floor.........

Happy days

Dewb
Old Sep 13th 2009, 2:33 am
Live from CHCH...

Glass of Chardy please!!
Had another 10K run this morning... So it's now time to RELAAAAAAAAX.... till tomorrow!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 6:44 am
Scorchy legs

Originally Posted by Matewx
Glass of Chardy please!!
Had another 10K run this morning... So it's now time to RELAAAAAAAAX.... till tomorrow!
Hey well done had did it go?

have one on me

Dewb
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:44 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This is the Kiwi Bar. Glasses is for cissies & people wot can't see straight.. Bung the bloke a bottle and a straw. .

Two for you Dewb for the poxy leak. I know a good plumber in the UK right now. I'd send him down to you, cheap as....... but he has my Smother in Law to deal with right now.

In fact, 12 days in , he went out to a pub in Wolvo last night - UK time - and got plastered. Multiple I know he did coz I could tell from his voice next morning. It was in his boots.

I'm fetching two bottles of Shiraz for me as I feel the need. Some of us go running and some of us have a Weedathon . They grow. I weed. They grow faster and I weed. They grow really tall and husband mows them down and I

Must be weary . Couldn't be bothered with the wine glass smiley
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:00 am
Live from CHCH...

Originally Posted by Dewb09
Hey well done had did it go?

have one on me

Dewb
Went very well ta!

51mins for 10K that's 5mins faster than a few weeks back & not in as much pain!!

Just signed up for a 16K in a fortnight! Call me crazy....
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:08 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

51mins for 10K that's 5mins faster than a few weeks back & not in as much pain!!
OK . Have some ten miles karma
Old Sep 15th 2009, 6:31 am
Scorchy legs

Went very well ta!

Ok crazy

That extra 6k will make a difference

Beating your time Karma for you

Dewb x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.