The KIWI BAR

Old May 2nd 2009, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The KIWI BAR

Happy birthday to you hope you've had a good one

Phyl x
Old May 3rd 2009, 3:20 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back BEVShere. Happy birthday to j19fmm's other half

Stoof, how's the OH doing here in NZ, has he sorted out his wallet situation yet? That must be a pain having to get new cards and so on.
All the best, ooo not long now for you and Phyl

Came in here for my usual five bottles of Merlot
Old May 3rd 2009, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Bank holiday weekend so can have a few merlots as no early rise for school tomorrow Great to have you back Bevs,you have been missed.

Stoof,how you holding up? I feel a bit better,not so many wobblies recently but still waiting for the excitement to kick in........probably won't happen till we are at the airport knowing my luck!!

Lineup,drinks are on the Scots lass tonight

Phyl x
Old May 4th 2009, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all!

hmm OH and his wallet.... having spent the best part of three hours (me, not him!) getting cards cancelled, getting into town and queueing to moneygram emergency funds over i got a text just as i came out of the post office... 'panic over, have found wallet..... oops' He'd managed to leave it in the jeans he'd packed the night before ready to fly back to Akl! oh how i tittered as i worked late that night to make up for my time out of work.....

friends of friends he was staying with in welly have just messaged to say they've found his notebook that he wrote all the results of his 'research' in... bless them, they're going to scan and email!

i'm hoping that our friends in akl have seen him safely onto his flight home now, complete with paddington type lable making sure he gets back to cumbria safely!

a long wait now to find out if he's been successful getting the job he applied for last week!

looks like we're going to have to head to Akl rather than Welly for his work... guess will feel better once we've made a final decision and can concentrate on getting sorted (better hurry up, given the packers are coming in a few weeks!!) Would be even better if OH had a job to go to next month!!

have had a full-on few days with a very snotty, grotty 2 year old so not much time for wobbles this weekend Phyl, though it kind of feels as though they're always there, ready to pounce on me!! Have been dry for last 3 weeks with OH being in nz, and not liking to drink alone! looking forward to sharing a bottle (or praps 2!) when he gets back - i've taken a day off work too next week!

right, that's undoubtedly enough from me - haven't spoken to anyone since Saturday!! sorry for the ramble!!

hope you're all well...
Old May 5th 2009, 5:01 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Blimey. Puff, pant. I seem to have been a bit busy doing unimportant stuff. and important stuff. :

The executor for me Dad's estate, not that he had much, is being complete rubbish on the info front. I'm not hearing about anything until weeks after the event. which I find really upsetting

Happy Birthdays, Congrats and whatever else is needed.

No wobbles drinkies all round for those with the wobbles. That'll make you feel better

and I'll have me usual and several more for everyone else.
Old May 6th 2009, 3:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi BEVS, sorry to hear you're having trouble over that, it's the last thing you need. Have a new smilie drink on me

Oh dear Stoof, it sounds like your OH shouldn't be let out on his own His wallet was in his jeans all along, how frustrating for you! And then he forgets all his important notes... Reminds me of the other week when Mr Sue lost his car keys-after he'd searched the house I dragged myself away from the TV[:curse:] only to find them on the floor directly UNDERNEATH the key hook. Do they even look????
Phyl, have a few bottles of Merlot to ease those wobbles. For me it came when I booked the one way ticket here and it was completely unexpected. They will pass and the excitement will come.

So drinks on me today, just the one for me though as I have to return to work
Old May 6th 2009, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well,it's been a day of ups and downs;the guy who was possibly going to rent our house has had to pull out due to personal reasons BUT we may have someone to buy our car They are driving from Cumbria to Glasgow tomorrow to look at it and are bringing cash so must be very interested Downside is that I will be car-less for 8 weeks Just need to think of the extra capital we will have to take to NZ

Need a drink to calm me down,and to try not to get too excited....been there several times only to be brought down to earth with a huge bump.So,anyone else for one or a dozen?

Phyl x
Old May 6th 2009, 7:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Phyl, good luck with the car sorry to hear the renting fell through. I've finished for the week again - where did that one go? Just the odd bit of planning etc to do at my leisure. So not looking forward to starting all over again with another CAFCASS officer on Monday, just know I'm going to be second guessing it all weekend. So bottoms up and try to destress
Old May 6th 2009, 10:12 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by j19fmm
So not looking forward to starting all over again with another CAFCASS officer on Monday, just know I'm going to be second guessing it all weekend.
Eh? What've I missed . I'll get me bum over to the thread. Is it on there?
Old May 7th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Eh? What've I missed . I'll get me bum over to the thread. Is it on there?
Hi Bevshere, same old same old, had to change CAFCASS officer as EX said he knew her, took her 6 weeks to decide to change though. Put us behind, report should have been with Court by Monday and Court date set for 27th May. That's not going to happen. She needs to see us individually and then meet with the children. Meanwhile the Solicitors are planning an extension to their house , a new car and a holiday in the Azores........knew I was in the wrong job
Old May 7th 2009, 9:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ok,car sold today so now just the house to sort out Also had several calls to HM tax office re P85,child benefit,tax credits etc but getting there;the to do list is getting smaller need a wee malt tonight as a night cap.........night night

Phyl x
Old May 8th 2009, 9:12 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

hey Persephone! nice to see you!

Phyl - well done on the car! one of ours sold - goes 28th may, mine still to sell but need it til early june for work... if the worst comes to the worst, am going to stick it in the auction the friday before we leave!
Old May 8th 2009, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Trying not to get too excited but a couple came to the door to ask for a house schedule and want to view tomorrow at 5pm Got a national judo comp at 0830 with eldest son so need to get back quick to tidy up Been there before 6 months ago...last time had a viewer. Want all the bar regulars to keep fingers xd for us;surely we can't be that lucky......car sold then 2 days later the house as well? Need a drink to calm me again

Phyl x
Old May 9th 2009, 7:42 am
Queen of the Underworld

Oooh that's great news Phyl, looks like everything might be starting to happen. Keeping all my fingers crossed
Have a couple of good luck Merlots on me

I'm in here celebrating my name change to the Queen of the underworld
I like being that little bit more anonymous, just a personal thing really. Should have thought about it a bit more when I first joined
Am Loolah mentioned Persephone and her story is an interesting one so decided just to go for it rather than try and think of another. On call so was too tired to think of other names

So drinks on me to celebrate my new beginning
Sue
Old May 10th 2009, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Persephone (Seems weird typing that)

Glad you managed to change your name,but the avatar helps us remember who you were originally til we get used to the new identitiy!

Viewers came,single woman in her late40/early 50's,renting at the moment but wants on property ladder;appeared to be impressed with what she saw( having little furniture,no pics etc made it seem bigger),talked about survey needing done. We do not have a home report done as our house was on market before they were needed;however if we are going to let we need to get the energy efficiency part done anyway so OH told her that if she was interested we would get that part done to save her some money. that this works.

Trying hard not to get too excited,as OH says we were resigned to letting the house out anyway so if this does not work out then we still have that to fall back on. Infact,he says he'd rather let it out now and wait until prices increase in a couple of years but I would rather have the safety net of the capital for NZ. Och well,at least the house work won't need done for a day or so as it was gutted yesterday Have a nice day,just off to rugby with the boys.

Phyl x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.