The KIWI BAR

Old Oct 17th 2008, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The KIWI BAR

Renting not a viable option as where I live not that close to Glasgow and no big institutions i.e hospitals,unis etc nearby. Just need to sit it out....impatiently

Phyl x
Old Nov 1st 2008, 2:00 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Thought I'd pop in for a quick one now I'm back in the UK after a few weeks wandering through Europe.

Two bottles of Merlot please and a packet of cheese and onion crisps.
Need to down them as I'm about to get chucked off the computer [ still no internet at home, it's driving me mad!]

Sue
Old Nov 1st 2008, 4:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue R welcome back,I will join you in a quick couple of bottles of merlot,but pickled onion or prawn cocktail crisps for me please

Phyl x
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Afternoon people, we got back from (another) recce last night. Need to get ready for work tomorrow but can't find the desire!! Couple of beers should get me in the mood thanks, I'm buying..
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Afternoon people, we got back from (another) recce last night. Need to get ready for work tomorrow but can't find the desire!! Couple of beers should get me in the mood thanks, I'm buying..
Welcome back.How was the recce? I'll have a wee one as I am working tonight

Phyl x
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 1:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weejie
Welcome back.How was the recce? I'll have a wee one as I am working tonight

Phyl x
Hi Phyl, we had alovely time in Cambridge, stayed there a week, bit of a novelty staying in one place not charging round like a nutter. Went over to Papamoa for our sausages...
Great responses from all the Primary schools I visited,all said I'd have no trouble getting work from the long term relieving list and if I was any good I'd be picked up permanantly by a school pretty quick. That doesnt help with the points though.Still, onwards and upwards. Now it's time to put all my info together and get the court case going...
bottoms up
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:05 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

hi Phyllis,

I'll join you for a couple of bottles. How exciting, looked at your timeline and you've got the stickers and ready to go. Congratulations
When are you off?
j19ffm, good luck with the courts!
I'm going to go off to America for 3 weeks, all arranged at short notice. The gap 6months is going well though eating through the savings due to a poor exchange rate
Oh well you only live once...
Will get to NZ on the 7th Dec

More wine please bartender I need something to help me organise my packing- they're coming to collect all my worldly belongings tomorrow
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG Sue R you jet setter you Hope you enjoy USA...where are you going to? We will be in NZ as soon as house sells. Hope all goes well with the packing etc. Nice to be going there for Xmas,hope Mr Sue is looking forward to you being there permanantly

Phyl x

oh,another bottle of merlot......just been wakened after nightshift( 3hours kip) to collect youngest from school who has just thrown up everywhere

P x
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Hi Phyl, we had alovely time in Cambridge, stayed there a week, bit of a novelty staying in one place not charging round like a nutter. Went over to Papamoa for our sausages...
Great responses from all the Primary schools I visited,all said I'd have no trouble getting work from the long term relieving list and if I was any good I'd be picked up permanantly by a school pretty quick. That doesnt help with the points though.Still, onwards and upwards. Now it's time to put all my info together and get the court case going...
bottoms up
Good news re job. How were the sausages?? Good luck with the court stuff. Guess where I'm gong on Sat night......to ogle 22 sets of legs and bums at Murrayfield also known as the Scotland and All Black teams So get me the merlot please

Phyl x
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 4:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Good news re job. How were the sausages?? Good luck with the court stuff. Guess where I'm gong on Sat night......to ogle 22 sets of legs and bums at Murrayfield also known as the Scotland and All Black teams So get me the merlot please

Phyl x
Hmmm,job news not totally great bit of a catch 22 as need job offer to get enough points for EOI but need to be in NZ to get on Long Term Relieving list.
And why would I be jealous about the 22 pairs of legs??? .....of course I am my dad has been invited to the match at Twickers, not jealous of that either...
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello there,not been in the bar for a while,but then no-one has..........is this to do with the credit crunch Just felt like a wee drink as having a crap week;CH boiler broke x 2 so no heating or hotwater ( OH says getting me ready for NZ) luckily we have a maintenance contract so no big bill. Then my mum has been told that an op she needs done to her bowel/bladder is unlikely to be done due to the HUGE risk of her dying on the table because of her heart condition. She is due to get a pacemaker fitted but they may not do it because the other problem is not getting fixed( high risk of recurrent urinary infections which may be a problem for pacemaker procedure!!!)And the house still has had no interest. I know that at this time of year it would normally be quiet without all the other crap going on just now but I am in need of a wee bit of cheering up. My brother and his wife are expecting after 3 miscarriages and it's due on my birthday but I may not be here to see it being born Hitting home already what I will miss being in NZ but I have my family to think about first. Anyway,rant over where's the merlot I know it's early here but not in NZ,you're well onto starting your weekend so CHEERS

Phyl x
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Hello there,not been in the bar for a while,but then no-one has..........is this to do with the credit crunch Just felt like a wee drink as having a crap week;CH boiler broke x 2 so no heating or hotwater ( OH says getting me ready for NZ) luckily we have a maintenance contract so no big bill. Then my mum has been told that an op she needs done to her bowel/bladder is unlikely to be done due to the HUGE risk of her dying on the table because of her heart condition. She is due to get a pacemaker fitted but they may not do it because the other problem is not getting fixed( high risk of recurrent urinary infections which may be a problem for pacemaker procedure!!!)And the house still has had no interest. I know that at this time of year it would normally be quiet without all the other crap going on just now but I am in need of a wee bit of cheering up. My brother and his wife are expecting after 3 miscarriages and it's due on my birthday but I may not be here to see it being born Hitting home already what I will miss being in NZ but I have my family to think about first. Anyway,rant over where's the merlot I know it's early here but not in NZ,you're well onto starting your weekend so CHEERS

Phyl x
Hey Phyl, I've finished the ironing and am yet to start on the bathrooms so...I'll join you in a wee dram. Bottoms up hun
Old Dec 1st 2008, 3:28 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Bottoms up to you too. . I'll have a bottle of anything and two for you too.

It's been a right fortnight or three. Husband sprained his back and for a bit we weren't sure it was just a sprain. So, no work for him at the time and he was unable to move. He actually got stuck half in and half out of the bath which was not a pretty sight I can tell you. He wouldn't let me call anyone for advice until I had wrestled his keks on him. We managed in the end . It took 3 hours and some out of date anti-inflams that were knocking around to get him from the bath to the downstairs bedroom. Was a right palaver for the first week. I had to put his socks on for him and I really, really don't do feet. and there was a bit of a problem solving about going to the loo as he could only crawl. He did not want to use the empty lemonade bottle, though he had to in the end and I was also up for shoving the cat litter tray under his rear end had the need arisen.

Then my lovely Tylerbaba cat went and developed a huge abscess and needed an operation. As husband was confined downstairs , I was free to lavish all the attention on my special boy Tyler. You gotta keep the priorities right in life.

Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:40 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh BEVS here - what a drama?! I'd probably have left mine in the bathroom for 2 weeks, naked and crippled ...

I'll have a bottle of Bolly to take away the pain of my scratched eye - hurts like H*$l and I look like I've been several rounds with Mike Tyson.

Anyone else in need of liquid refreshments?
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

OMG my in-laws have thrown us a lifeline.......I think.They have offered to give us money to get to NZ and pay them back once the house sells.....we were planning on getting £70k at least from house sale and they said ok OH and I have thought of nothing else since and are in a dilemma. We really want to cut all ties to be honest and selling the house would do that but we also want to be in NZ. We would need to sign power of attorney to his dad so that if and when a buyer appears he can deal with the paperwork on our behalf,and to be honest I don't want to put him in the position of dealing with all of that;but then he seems ok about it. Is it reasonable to hold off until say March/April time and see what happens with the house then or set a date for end of May-ish and just go no matter what?HELP!!!! I need several bottles of anything red at the moment.

BEVS hope your beloved is feeling better......and your OH too

Am Loolah hope your eye is better,even if it is just to make sure you can see the Bolly bottle to pour it without spilling any!

Cheers everybody

Phyl x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.