The KIWI BAR

Old Nov 5th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi Bar

Originally Posted by shepslady
Yes they do but mainly people go to bigger organised fireworks displays these days which I think is a good idea anyhow. How do you celebrate it in the UK?
We went to an organised display which was amazing, although my little fella wasn't impressed with the noise. We usually go to a display with a friend and his son then have drinks / food at one of our homes. Unfortuntely he is on holiday this week so a 7 year tradition has been broken, little sad
There are usually about 3 big organised events in Liverpool but lots of people have their own displays. We gave that up after Danny exploded the front lawn about 5 years ago :scared: . Needless to say the neighbours were not impressed, neither was the window cleaner when he had to wash bits of lawn off the front windows.
The firweorks seem to be quitening down a bit but the local scallies have built a rather large bonfire on a green area out the back - should be interesting later on!
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
Thankfully I havent had to have anything like that but a few years back I did have to go with my Mum while she underwent those tests. She being elderly was so nervous about it before hand but she got through it ok. Said it was a little rough & most uncomfortable afterwards for several days. Hang in there hope all goes well & the end results work out ok as well.
Thanks guys.
I've had my supper and ovaltine - N by M now so I'm off to bed. see you in a couple of days.
Old Nov 5th 2006, 9:44 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
We went to an organised display which was amazing, although my little fella wasn't impressed with the noise. We usually go to a display with a friend and his son then have drinks / food at one of our homes. Unfortuntely he is on holiday this week so a 7 year tradition has been broken, little sad
There are usually about 3 big organised events in Liverpool but lots of people have their own displays. We gave that up after Danny exploded the front lawn about 5 years ago :scared: . Needless to say the neighbours were not impressed, neither was the window cleaner when he had to wash bits of lawn off the front windows.
The firweorks seem to be quitening down a bit but the local scallies have built a rather large bonfire on a green area out the back - should be interesting later on!
Sounds pretty much like what we did in NZ. My family (in Christchurch) usually go down to Brighton Beach to watch the display from there. By all accounts its usually a pretty good display too. From what I hear from home it sounds like private family displays are fast becoming a thing of the past & the laws regarding the sale of fireworks have been getting tighter every year so its probably only a matter of time before you cant buy them anyhow. Keep in mind that November 5th (Guy Fawkes Day) falls in the beginning of the NZ Summer so its really quite late before its dark so the displays are late there but usually worth waiting for. I expect that will be very different for you huh?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Its pretty quiet in here.... where is everyone?

Sorry Ive been quiet lately.... I've been a busy mum, cook, housekeeper, party organiser, baker etc etc.... lots to keep me busy and out of trouble. I'm pleased to say that things should quieten down for me now.... its needs too... I'm fat and clumsy now and need some sleep!!
Old Nov 6th 2006, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahB
Its pretty quiet in here.... where is everyone?

Sorry Ive been quiet lately.... I've been a busy mum, cook, housekeeper, party organiser, baker etc etc.... lots to keep me busy and out of trouble. I'm pleased to say that things should quieten down for me now.... its needs too... I'm fat and clumsy now and need some sleep!!
hi sarah, your littleun had abirthday then, bless him.
I'm busy sorting christmas lists as resquested by family in Uk , whom all want them NOW, aarrrggghhhh.
haven't forgotten about your email, will reply soon i promise, hows the horsey
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poppets
hi sarah, your littleun had abirthday then, bless him.
I'm busy sorting christmas lists as resquested by family in Uk , whom all want them NOW, aarrrggghhhh.
haven't forgotten about your email, will reply soon i promise, hows the horsey
Yes he was 3.... he seemed to enjoy himself...thats the main thing. We went out friday and saturday eve too and then his party on sunday so a busy weekend for once...makes a change!

Was hoping to go see Zack tomorrow but depends what the weather is gonna do.... if its raining then I will stay in and get all the housework done...yuck. But he was fine when I saw him a few days ago....

Been shopping for bub again.... well, bub and me. Have started to think what I need in my hospital bag.... my walking is getting slightly more painful so I'm trying to get everything sorted now whilst its still relatively easy for me to get about. Farmers have a sale on too so I couldnt resist stocking up on some baby clothes too.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he was 3.... he seemed to enjoy himself...thats the main thing. We went out friday and saturday eve too and then his party on sunday so a busy weekend for once...makes a change!

Was hoping to go see Zack tomorrow but depends what the weather is gonna do.... if its raining then I will stay in and get all the housework done...yuck. But he was fine when I saw him a few days ago....

Been shopping for bub again.... well, bub and me. Have started to think what I need in my hospital bag.... my walking is getting slightly more painful so I'm trying to get everything sorted now whilst its still relatively easy for me to get about. Farmers have a sale on too so I couldnt resist stocking up on some baby clothes too.
what did birthady boy think of his trampoline?
Sorry to hear things are getting more painful, poor you.
hows the name game going?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

what did birthady boy think of his trampoline?
Sorry to hear things are getting more painful, poor you.
hows the name game going?
He loves it..... its really good as I can sit on it with him and he just bounces round me burning off loads of energy. Only reservations is that the ladder isnt that good.... rounded steps and hes fallen off them twice already... daddy says he will sort it out and make him some proper steps. The company did say there was a rain cover with the purchase too and there isnt so Ive had to email them asking for one. Other than that its great.

I'm still ok. I was expecting to have the SPD well before now so its amazing I havnt got it.... it usually comes back worse second time around. I have pain but nothing unbearable.....so long as I take short steps and dont carry too much Im fine.

Names.... ermm..... we havnt even talked about it. I have a couple in my head.... the middle name will be Elizabeth I know. I want 2 or 3 choices and then maybe wait til I see her to see what suits her. I'm intrigued to see what shes like..... Im naturally pale blonde with pale skin and blue eyes....my OH has black hair and tans easily. DS has my skin, blue eyes and he has gorgeous blonde hair but looks like his dad feature wise....... so who will DD look like?? I reckon the blonde gene must be dominant for my son to be so blonde so I'm expecting another blondie but you just never know do you?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 8:52 am
BE Forum Addict

He loves it..... its really good as I can sit on it with him and he just bounces round me burning off loads of energy. Only reservations is that the ladder isnt that good.... rounded steps and hes fallen off them twice already... daddy says he will sort it out and make him some proper steps. The company did say there was a rain cover with the purchase too and there isnt so Ive had to email them asking for one. Other than that its great.

I'm still ok. I was expecting to have the SPD well before now so its amazing I havnt got it.... it usually comes back worse second time around. I have pain but nothing unbearable.....so long as I take short steps and dont carry too much Im fine.

Names.... ermm..... we havnt even talked about it. I have a couple in my head.... the middle name will be Elizabeth I know. I want 2 or 3 choices and then maybe wait til I see her to see what suits her. I'm intrigued to see what shes like..... Im naturally pale blonde with pale skin and blue eyes....my OH has black hair and tans easily. DS has my skin, blue eyes and he has gorgeous blonde hair but looks like his dad feature wise....... so who will DD look like?? I reckon the blonde gene must be dominant for my son to be so blonde so I'm expecting another blondie but you just never know do you?

my best mate has blonde hair, blues eyes, & shes louise elizabeth, lovely girl - gawd i really miss her. have you any news on your best mate yet?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

my best mate has blonde hair, blues eyes, & shes louise elizabeth, lovely girl - gawd i really miss her. have you any news on your best mate yet?
Hiya...sorry just been chatting on Skype to a mate back in UK.

I have spoke to my best friend in UK and shes doing well at the moment thanks. Shes hoping to be back riding at the end of this month. She sounded a hell of a lot better and more positive than she did when I spoke to her before. Shes sold her business as she just couldnt cope with it and she sounds a lot less stressed too. I hope she gets well this time and it doesnt come back again.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Hiya...sorry just been chatting on Skype to a mate back in UK.

I have spoke to my best friend in UK and shes doing well at the moment thanks. Shes hoping to be back riding at the end of this month. She sounded a hell of a lot better and more positive than she did when I spoke to her before. Shes sold her business as she just couldnt cope with it and she sounds a lot less stressed too. I hope she gets well this time and it doesnt come back again.

oh thats good then,
i spoke to my mum last night & she told me that my granddads not to good,(i thought all was normal with him, hes in his 80s got Parkinson's & in the last few weeks has lost a stone & theres some talk of a feeding tube, so i'm beginning to prepare myself for the fact that things may get worse, & i will go back when the inevitable happens
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

oh thats good then,
i spoke to my mum last night & she told me that my granddads not to good,(i thought all was normal with him, hes in his 80s got Parkinson's & in the last few weeks has lost a stone & theres some talk of a feeding tube, so i'm beginning to prepare myself for the fact that things may get worse, & i will go back when the inevitable happens
Oh thats not good news... sorry to hear that. Thats a drawback of being so far away isnt it. I dont know how we could even afford to go back if one of our parents died... its so expensive.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh thats not good news... sorry to hear that. Thats a drawback of being so far away isnt it. I dont know how we could even afford to go back if one of our parents died... its so expensive.
yeah i know, it was my only condition on coming, that i go back for grandads funeral. His Parky's goes up down & all over the place, so it could just be a bad down period. He's had parkys for years & has done really well but to be honest i think he's just had enough. you must get to a point where you think sod this i'm outta here. But hey we'll see what happens, just trying to plan in my head what i'd need to orgainise & how. I have a deal with my aunt that she rings me when it looks really really bad, as my mum will a) not be able too & b) wouldn't want too, as ahe thinks i'd be doing it out of guilt, but i've been there for my 2 nans so i'm damn well going to grandads. mind you once i'm at heathrow she can hardly send me back
right lets move o to brighter stuff, hows the weather been up there ?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=poppets]
right lets move o to brighter stuff, hows the weather been up there ?[/QUOTE

OK-ish.... saturday was warm and bright. Sunday was OK but not as warm. Todays been warm but overcast, drizzly this evening. Still waiting for summer to arrive. I suppose Im lucky that its not too hot as it would be a bit uncomfortable for me now.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=SarahB]
right lets move o to brighter stuff, hows the weather been up there ?[/QUOTE

OK-ish.... saturday was warm and bright. Sunday was OK but not as warm. Todays been warm but overcast, drizzly this evening. Still waiting for summer to arrive. I suppose Im lucky that its not too hot as it would be a bit uncomfortable for me now.
i managed to fit a heatwave into both my preganacies very late on too.
it's supposed to chuck it down here til about friday but so far has only rained at night (don't you just love the roofs) & been cloudy during the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.