The KIWI BAR

Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kiwi Bar

Originally Posted by karonious
Big drink for me as this is a momentous occasion - a whole month in NZ
So that will be 21 lagers for me and if anyone would care to join me, I can get that too
Work still OK, house still OK and the sun shone today - life still OK

OK I am a bit late but...cheers

Your first month already!
I'm getting a little worried about how the years just fly by, my 22 month old was watcing Postman Pat the other morning on telly, I remembered all the characters names, the words to the song, everything it seemed like no time since my 'little' boy ( he's now 18 and over 6ft!) watched it, it was his favourite!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jude J
OK I am a bit late but...cheers

Your first month already!
I'm getting a little worried about how the years just fly by, my 22 month old was watcing Postman Pat the other morning on telly, I remembered all the characters names, the words to the song, everything it seemed like no time since my 'little' boy ( he's now 18 and over 6ft!) watched it, it was his favourite!
i cant believe how quick it has gone, we have been here 7 months now, and it has just flown by, and with the exceptions a couple of hiccups, most things have gone fairly smoothly

we have now refurnished our house (considering we binned most stuff before we left the UK) and now actually have our own house

and also have a car aswell, that was the only thing we took the loan from the bank for, but now having got the money from our uk house sale, paid it off...apart from a mortgage, am debt free, which feels good really

never thought that would ever happen so lets have a beer to celebrate
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kwprwn
i cant believe how quick it has gone, we have been here 7 months now, and it has just flown by, and with the exceptions a couple of hiccups, most things have gone fairly smoothly

we have now refurnished our house (considering we binned most stuff before we left the UK) and now actually have our own house

and also have a car aswell, that was the only thing we took the loan from the bank for, but now having got the money from our uk house sale, paid it off...apart from a mortgage, am debt free, which feels good really

never thought that would ever happen so lets have a beer to celebrate

Yay!!
Not debt free myself but I'll drink to the day that I am!!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Yay!!
Not debt free myself but I'll drink to the day that I am!!
debt these days is fairly acceptabel really, but I wouldnt like to get to the point were I couldnt afford to not pay my daily household bills etc, because all your spare money goes to pay everything else

I think that was one of the reasons we also came over here, to make a fresh start, and so far that is paying off, but will certainly have a drink with you

am really looking forward to the weekend now so that I can get things done in the house now, need to give it a good airing as it smells musty when you first go home at night, its been empty for a couple of months, and the conservatory really smells musty, much worse than the rest of the house...need to open all the windows
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

debt these days is fairly acceptabel really, but I wouldnt like to get to the point were I couldnt afford to not pay my daily household bills etc, because all your spare money goes to pay everything else

I think that was one of the reasons we also came over here, to make a fresh start, and so far that is paying off, but will certainly have a drink with you

am really looking forward to the weekend now so that I can get things done in the house now, need to give it a good airing as it smells musty when you first go home at night, its been empty for a couple of months, and the conservatory really smells musty, much worse than the rest of the house...need to open all the windows
yeah, we just have mortgage and credit card each, not spent up to the limit yet, but have a feeling they will be used a bit when we are on hols!
I would hate to be in the position of having more going out than coming in. It used to be like that when my older kids were little and I didn't work, and it wasn't nice!

Our house was empty for a couple of months too, they had it up for too high price I think. I hated going in it at first cos of the smell, but it doesn't take long to get your own smells in there...if you see what I mean!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:29 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

A short one please

Just outa interest how much do you lot earn as a family?

A. $40k - $50k

B. $50k - $60K

C. $60k - $70k

D. $70k - $80k

E. More

I know its personel but was wondering about the debt/wage balance

PS Dont answer if you dont want
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

yeah, we just have mortgage and credit card each, not spent up to the limit yet, but have a feeling they will be used a bit when we are on hols!
I would hate to be in the position of having more going out than coming in. It used to be like that when my older kids were little and I didn't work, and it wasn't nice!

Our house was empty for a couple of months too, they had it up for too high price I think. I hated going in it at first cos of the smell, but it doesn't take long to get your own smells in there...if you see what I mean!
yeah the way owen smells smoetimes is gross or maybe it should be the smilie

no i get what you mean, I have a credit card which now has a balance of $80 after moving last weekend, thanks to hiring a van for 24 hrs, they would only debit a credit card for it (or thats what owen told me...must question that really...me thinks he was lying)

he has a uk card, which I am paying of this week, not a huge balance on there, but just needs paying off, but waiting for a cheque to clear in uk bank acct

forgot to put we are in D bracket

Last edited by kwprwn; Nov 1st 2006 at 11:06 pm. Reason: forgot stuff
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
A short one please

A. $40k - $50k

B. $50k - $60K

C. $60k - $70k

D. $70k - $80k

E. More

We are in the E bracket but we have a big mortgage so not rich. Comfortable, but not rich. Dont have a lot of debt, but at the same time all we have put aside for a rainy day is a bloody big brolly.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jack Daws
A short one please

A. $40k - $50k

B. $50k - $60K

C. $60k - $70k

D. $70k - $80k

E. More

A, more out goings than incomings , but still happy as pigs in poo
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by poppets
A, more out goings than incomings , but still happy as pigs in poo
life is what you make it poppets...hows your weather today?
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

life is what you make it poppets...hows your weather today?

fan bloody tastic, sun is shining sky is blue & i'm tryig to sort out xmas pressie list as requested by folks in UK

money should improve when we buy a house rather than rent, luckily have money from old house sale to back us up, fortuantly we're not big spenders & only over by about $100 a month , but hey took littly to the pool yesterday, only cost $1 - bargain
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

fan bloody tastic, sun is shining sky is blue & i'm tryig to sort out xmas pressie list as requested by folks in UK

money should improve when we buy a house rather than rent, luckily have money from old house sale to back us up, fortuantly we're not big spenders & only over by about $100 a month , but hey took littly to the pool yesterday, only cost $1 - bargain
thats cheap for swimming,

we pay more money on our mortgage than the rent but at least it is our house and not a mouldy old rental (we had to wipe mould of some of our furniture when we moved on saturday..and thats after just 6 months, how crap is that) and it is soo much nicer

we have money from our house sale to back us up now, paid a good deposit, bought car etc and paid off what we owe

weather here in auckland is lovely tooo, just a shame i am at work
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

we pay more money on our mortgage than the rent but at least it is our house and not a mouldy old rental (we had to wipe mould of some of our furniture when we moved on saturday..and thats after just 6 months, how crap is that) and it is soo much nicer

we have money from our house sale to back us up now, paid a good deposit, bought car etc and paid off what we owe

we're hpoing for a small mortgage (less than our rent) & to leave a nice bit of savings in an account. still trying to set up some sort of work from home but getting no where fast , need more hours in the day
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Me too, I'm desperate to get outside. I dont have green fingers but now we have a home of our own I have an urge to do the garden! Me and oldest daughter are thinking of getting the water blaster out at the weekend and clean the decks!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

we're hpoing for a small mortgage (less than our rent) & to leave a nice bit of savings in an account. still trying to set up some sort of work from home but getting no where fast , need more hours in the day
What are you hoping to do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.