The KIWI BAR

Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kiwi Bar

Originally Posted by SarahB
Sounds like it..... NOT!!
I'd rather pull my own teeth but I have to read it sooner or later, and I have been putting it off for ages!
Oh well, going home time soon. Did think about taking it with me but the chances of me picking it up to read later are about 1,000,000 - 1
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jude J
I'd rather pull my own teeth but I have to read it sooner or later, and I have been putting it off for ages!
Oh well, going home time soon. Did think about taking it with me but the chances of me picking it up to read later are about 1,000,000 - 1
I want to go back to work when I can..... kinda buggered that idea up now for a while though havnt I? This is the first time Ive not worked in my life.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:43 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Oh my you will go a long way for a packet of walkers!
Book is 'Anti-money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism: NZ Compliance with FATF Recommendations'
its ummm...interesting
oh yes, I remember anti money laundering stuff for when I worked at Thomas cook...Great fun...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

I want to go back to work when I can..... kinda buggered that idea up now for a while though havnt I? This is the first time Ive not worked in my life.
Its hard isn't it? I didn't work when my others were little, I got a job when Bow was 3, just evenings and a few weekend hours in a supermarket petrol station. Sounds boring but we had so much fun, and it was great to be out earning my own money and mixing with adults!
I went back to work when Lola was 3 months but we were lucky that hubs can work from home so he is home with her 2 days a week, I am home 1 day and she goes to kindy for the other 2. She started at kindy when she was 1 and a bit, she likes it there, is always keen to go and will get her little bag and wait by the door.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
oh yes, I remember anti money laundering stuff for when I worked at Thomas cook...Great fun...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
All fun at Thomas Cook eh? Left them last April to come here. Miss the cheap holidays but thats about it.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

It hasn't got any more exciting either. You'll be pleased to know.
I need a
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Oh my you will go a long way for a packet of walkers!
Book is 'Anti-money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism: NZ Compliance with FATF Recommendations'
its ummm...interesting
Well it's almost 5 o'clock .... time to open a bottle, glass of chardonnay for me, I think.

What do you do for a living Jude J to have to plough your way through such a heavyweight tome?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Its hard isn't it? I didn't work when my others were little, I got a job when Bow was 3, just evenings and a few weekend hours in a supermarket petrol station. Sounds boring but we had so much fun, and it was great to be out earning my own money and mixing with adults!
I went back to work when Lola was 3 months but we were lucky that hubs can work from home so he is home with her 2 days a week, I am home 1 day and she goes to kindy for the other 2. She started at kindy when she was 1 and a bit, she likes it there, is always keen to go and will get her little bag and wait by the door.
Yeah I found it so hard to start with.... I reckon my mates got so fed up with hearing about how bored I was. I worked evenings at Thomas Cook (I was with them full time for previous 5 years).... it wasnt a good job but it got me out and I never got taxed much on the money as I earnt so little!! Now, things are a bit different... I ferry littlun to preschool 2 days a week... I take him to music another day and PlayGroup on fridays. I keep busy making my own cakes and biscuits and also have started some art again. Ive been busy getting the nursery ready too... my days are pretty busy at the moment. I dont like being bored.
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Well it's almost 5 o'clock .... time to open a bottle, glass of chardonnay for me, I think.

What do you do for a living Jude J to have to plough your way through such a heavyweight tome?
Oh, dont say that.... a decent chardonnay is my favourite!!! No alcohol for me for another 3 months!!! :scared:
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I found it so hard to start with.... I reckon my mates got so fed up with hearing about how bored I was. I worked evenings at Thomas Cook (I was with them full time for previous 5 years).... it wasnt a good job but it got me out and I never got taxed much on the money as I earnt so little!! Now, things are a bit different... I ferry littlun to preschool 2 days a week... I take him to music another day and PlayGroup on fridays. I keep busy making my own cakes and biscuits and also have started some art again. Ive been busy getting the nursery ready too... my days are pretty busy at the moment. I dont like being bored.
No, me neither! Sounds like your days are pretty busy and will be more so when little lady comes along.
Just packing up now to go home, see you all tomorrow
JJ xx
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

All fun at Thomas Cook eh? Left them last April to come here. Miss the cheap holidays but thats about it.
oh god another ex thomas cook person...yeah the ceap holidays are what i miss too

I still keep in touch with a girl I went on an educational years ago and she was telling me she worked 2 days one month earlier this year (as she had annual leave and only worked 2 days a week) and she got a ridiculous target of 19000 pounds for 2 days work...how silly is that.

Most of the people I worked with at thomas cook got and are getting more disillusioned with their sales targets as they are getting crazy

were did you work?

ok might have gone home bu the time you answer so farewell for now
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

It hasn't got any more exciting either. You'll be pleased to know.
I need a
me too but trying to be good during the week and save it for weekends boring I know
Old Oct 10th 2006, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky

Me and hubs have a foreign exchange bureaux, we were 99% sure we were compliant but thought we'd better check and now we have this wonderful 68 A5 page book to read. Hubs is lucky he can skim read and will understand it, but I will have to read it word for word. Or...he can pick out the important bits and just tell me them!
Old Oct 10th 2006, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Oh, dont say that.... a decent chardonnay is my favourite!!! No alcohol for me for another 3 months!!! :scared:
Longggg time since I was pregnant - and "in those days" no-one had heard of foetal alcohol syndrome, so we just continued drinking and smoking ..... dreadful, really, when I look back...

My daughter in law gave up smoking when she was expecting - our son really struggled and one day said that he found it hard to give up - he was having sneaky fags at work - I told him to pretend that he was pregnant, which made daughter-in-law snigger!

Has your OH given up the demon drink as well?
Old Oct 10th 2006, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

oh god another ex thomas cook person...yeah the ceap holidays are what i miss too

I still keep in touch with a girl I went on an educational years ago and she was telling me she worked 2 days one month earlier this year (as she had annual leave and only worked 2 days a week) and she got a ridiculous target of 19000 pounds for 2 days work...how silly is that.

Most of the people I worked with at thomas cook got and are getting more disillusioned with their sales targets as they are getting crazy

were did you work?

ok might have gone home bu the time you answer so farewell for now
I was at the head office in Peterborough. Started in their offices temping for an agency.... applied for a job in Central Payments and went there full time permanent. Smashed my leg up a week before starting and had about 5 months off.... worked in Central Payments for a year but it was sooooooo boring.... moved into Credit Vetting and then into Financial Analysis and Planning as a Financial Analyst.... then I got out-sourced to Accenture (horrible company) whilst still under TC Terms and Condits.... got pregnant 2 years later and decided to go part time in the Sales Centre in the evenings.... horrible team leader made my life hell (since heard she lost her job...ha! ) and everyone elses.... changed the rules from commission based to sales targets.... the targets were a bl00dy joke and I only hit it once after a freaky day of large sales. I hated working in the sales centre but overall Thomas Cook was a good company to work for and we had lots of fun. I didnt get to have many holidays with them as because I smashed up my leg I couldnt travel much for a few years.... after that I got some cheapies.... the worst being a week in Benidorm for £75 in mid winter..... lol.... those were the days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.