The KIWI BAR

Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:44 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi Bar

Originally Posted by cottageinthesky
Ooooh... go that extra mile to The Mount - sit in those hot pools...

On Sunday, put on your English accent - they'll think you're from Remuera and.... you'll be able to spot the kiwis who are trying to sound posh English and.... they'll know that you know... if you know what I mean!!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:48 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Ooooh... go that extra mile to The Mount - sit in those hot pools...

On Sunday, put on your English accent - they'll think you're from Remuera and.... you'll be able to spot the kiwis who are trying to sound posh English and.... they'll know that you know... if you know what I mean!!
I can't do a proper English accent - the Irish always comes through I know exactly what you mean about the Kiwis trying to sound English though -we've got a woman at work and on her voicemail she sounds like the Queen! None of the other Kiwis notice but it cracks me up. Where I work there's a lot of the 'Ponsonby crowd' - up their a***s but all you need is a Gay guy and he soon sorts them out Thanfully, we've got a couple of those.

Bears - I might be getting it wrong but the Ponsonby Crowd I'm talking about are sort of 'ladies who lunch'. A breed unto themselves - and very welcome they are to it I love K'rd. A crowd of us were there recently at Finale (drag club) and it was brilliant.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:51 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, when talking about that woman sounding like the queen I should have said 'none of the other Kiwis noticeD' - they do now
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Batty
I can't do a proper English accent - the Irish always comes through .
What a shame, you're missing some fabulous fun - I'm often taken for a posh kiwi because I don't have a regional English accent - not posh, posh english, just bland, middle english - it is hilarious how pseudo english accents crumble in the face of the real thing!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:03 am
By name and by nature

What a shame, you're missing some fabulous fun - I'm often taken for a posh kiwi because I don't have a regional English accent - not posh, posh english, just bland, middle english - it is hilarious how pseudo english accents crumble in the face of the real thing!
In the 'new' Ireland there's this new accent the rest of us call 'Dublin Four' - it's like having an orange in your mouth and trying to talk around it It's also called the 'West Brit' accent Wannabes! I've got an aunt who's a nun in Whitby (she's 74 and looks after the 'old' people ) - she's lived in various parts of England since she was 14 and still has an Irish accent! She used to say that Irish people went over to England on the boAt and came back on the boWt
Old Sep 29th 2006, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

cottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to allcottageinthesky is a name known to all

In the 'new' Ireland there's this new accent the rest of us call 'Dublin Four' - it's like having an orange in your mouth and trying to talk around it It's also called the 'West Brit' accent Wannabes! I've got an aunt who's a nun in Whitby (she's 74 and looks after the 'old' people ) - she's lived in various parts of England since she was 14 and still has an Irish accent! She used to say that Irish people went over to England on the boAt and came back on the boWt
Wonderful!!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 8:39 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

:
Bears - I might be getting it wrong but the Ponsonby Crowd I'm talking about are sort of 'ladies who lunch'. A breed unto themselves - and very welcome they are to it I love K'rd. A crowd of us were there recently at Finale (drag club) and it was brilliant.
I know the ones you mean now

Not the sort that get invited to my home for a BBQ and dip in the spa.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:13 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone up for a drink or do I have to drink alone.......again...
Ah well, all the more for me
Well then, 21 lagers for me it is
I might even let StevieB out of the suitcase for a stretch and a drink later...if he asks nicely
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:17 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karonious
Anyone up for a drink or do I have to drink alone.......again...
Ah well, all the more for me
Well then, 21 lagers for me it is
I might even let StevieB out of the suitcase for a stretch and a drink later...if he asks nicely
Evening Karen et all - well my euphoria of having finally lugged paperwork to post office is wearing off now so I'll have the largest glass of white wine in the world please - my first proper drink all week!!

Assume having not heard back from friends that their house sale went through today - which means next Saturday they'll be on the plane headed for NZ for ever and for the first time ver!! hey are in a mild state of panic as it's now all come together. Me? I'm in a mild state of jealousy!!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:23 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'll have the largest glass of white wine in the world please
I'm in a mild state of jealousy!!
Evening! Glass the size of a large aquarium coming up!
Jealous - I'll keep quiet then
Hopefully you won't have too long to wait, but patience is not a virtue - it is a pain in the arse!!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 9:57 pm

Evening! Glass the size of a large aquarium coming up!
Jealous - I'll keep quiet then
Hopefully you won't have too long to wait, but patience is not a virtue - it is a pain in the arse!!
I'll drink to that!! So you lot still off next week then? Remind me, where is it you're settling?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:07 pm
conquering the world!

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I'll drink to that!! So you lot still off next week then? Remind me, where is it you're settling?
Fly on Monday to Hamilton, with Korean air (poor baggage allowance and poor reviews but can't hang about any longer)
Had a nice email from HR today - she has managed to book us a 1 bedroom apartment (they are paying for 2 weeks accommodation), couldn't find anything bigger at such short notice. I told her that after 3 weeks of living out of suitcases in other people's homes, it would be a pleasure!
Can't believe, even yet, that it is finally going to happen in 3 days!!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:28 pm

Fly on Monday to Hamilton, with Korean air (poor baggage allowance and poor reviews but can't hang about any longer)
Had a nice email from HR today - she has managed to book us a 1 bedroom apartment (they are paying for 2 weeks accommodation), couldn't find anything bigger at such short notice. I told her that after 3 weeks of living out of suitcases in other people's homes, it would be a pleasure!
Can't believe, even yet, that it is finally going to happen in 3 days!!
Did I mention my jealousy?? Hmmm, green eyed monster has nothing on me!!! No, we could have stayed when we went on hols, but practicalities like houses to be sold etc must take precedence! (Am very grown up Fairy tonite!!)

How do you feel? Are you scared/nervous or happy/excited/can't wait? Lets have a bottle of bolly to celebrate - believe it's leave cash behind the bar - have monopoly money!!
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:41 pm
conquering the world!

How do you feel? Are you scared/nervous or happy/excited/can't wait? Lets have a bottle of bolly to celebrate - believe it's leave cash behind the bar - have monopoly money!! [/QUOTE]
No, even better that that, I do believe the Danny called free bar all week.. or was it all month - either way, if I'm wrong, it's my round.
How do I feel, well, it's been a complete rollercoaster over the last month. At this moment in time, slightly pissed on real lager ( but not 21 yet!) I don't even feel excited or nervous, just relieved but wanting to move on. The goodbyes weren't nearly as bad as I anticipated. I cry nearly every time I say goodbye to my sons in Scotland, but this time I didn't... strange but true!
However, enough of me, bolly for you, another 21 for me.. and what are your immediate plans then?
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:51 pm

How do you feel? Are you scared/nervous or happy/excited/can't wait? Lets have a bottle of bolly to celebrate - believe it's leave cash behind the bar - have monopoly money!!
No, even better that that, I do believe the Danny called free bar all week.. or was it all month - either way, if I'm wrong, it's my round.
How do I feel, well, it's been a complete rollercoaster over the last month. At this moment in time, slightly pissed on real lager ( but not 21 yet!) I don't even feel excited or nervous, just relieved but wanting to move on. The goodbyes weren't nearly as bad as I anticipated. I cry nearly every time I say goodbye to my sons in Scotland, but this time I didn't... strange but true!
However, enough of me, bolly for you, another 21 for me.. and what are your immediate plans then?[/QUOTE]

Well, was about to embark on autobiography for the immediate future when clocked you've left the bar! How rude!!
As am apparently now Superwoman (see Helinuk) am up after a lie in at 8am tomorrow to take kids to smelly pony club! That's my immediate plan!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.