The KIWI BAR

Old Nov 21st 2006, 10:23 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kiwi Bar

Originally Posted by poppets
Grandads so so , good days bad days , but hey thats Parkinsons for you.
i'm having a dossy day today, got sore throat & cough so has littleun, & ttied from late night last night - friends 60th.
only 1 month til ma comes for xmas :scared:
Fingers crossed for him, you and yours.XX

Yes, I had the delight of Saturday day, nite and all of Sunday with mother - she so Loolah, puts me to shame!!

She's told my eldest brother (single, no kids, 43 yrs old) that he must get on and procreate as I'm taking her only Grandchildren to the other side of the world?!

No pressure for him then!!

She's having Christmas with us here (as the norm) and then talking about coming to NZ in October which sounds sensible?! She's very perky, young looking, 74 years old - it's a hell of a long flight alone?
Old Nov 21st 2006, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Fingers crossed for him, you and yours.XX

Yes, I had the delight of Saturday day, nite and all of Sunday with mother - she so Loolah, puts me to shame!!

She's told my eldest brother (single, no kids, 43 yrs old) that he must get on and procreate as I'm taking her only Grandchildren to the other side of the world?!

No pressure for him then!!

She's having Christmas with us here (as the norm) and then talking about coming to NZ in October which sounds sensible?! She's very perky, young looking, 74 years old - it's a hell of a long flight alone?

i've got 2 weeks with my ma, we'll probably have had enough of each other after 10mins :scared:
i'm trying to book some accomodation on Rotorua for a few days but not much joy so far, need
good on your mum for coming out by herself though,
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

i've got 2 weeks with my ma, we'll probably have had enough of each other after 10mins :scared:
i'm trying to book some accomodation on Rotorua for a few days but not much joy so far, need
good on your mum for coming out by herself though,
I am looking forward to seeing my parents next march when they come here, although am not sure I can live with them either, although it will be lovely to see them

i have to plan an itinerary for them, as they want to go off and do some sightseeing etc when they are here

glad your grandad is improving
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
I am looking forward to seeing my parents next march when they come here, although am not sure I can live with them either, although it will be lovely to see them

i have to plan an itinerary for them, as they want to go off and do some sightseeing etc when they are here

glad your grandad is improving
thnxs dawn, hows things with you?
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

thnxs dawn, hows things with you?
I am fine thanks, I passed my Nz driving theory test yesterday, so i now officially have some ID other than my passport as everything I have has uk splattered all over it, and they dont half give you odd looks

think I am losing my voice, as feeling crokey this afternoon

so hows your week been
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

I am fine thanks, I passed my Nz driving theory test yesterday, so i now officially have some ID other than my passport as everything I have has uk splattered all over it, and they dont half give you odd looks

think I am losing my voice, as feeling crokey this afternoon

so hows your week been
Well done for passing your test.... feels good to get it out of the way doesnt it?

How is everyone today?... I'm fat as usual.... son is asleep on my bed as hes been at Chipmunks all morning. I'm eating (as usual!! lol)..... weather is nice and warm here at last.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SarahB
Well done for passing your test.... feels good to get it out of the way doesnt it?

How is everyone today?... I'm fat as usual.... son is asleep on my bed as hes been at Chipmunks all morning. I'm eating (as usual!! lol)..... weather is nice and warm here at last.
It felt very good particularly as I was quite nervous as I have failed it once, and didnt want to fail again, so it felt wonderful to pass it, am so glad thats over and done with

So what date is the baby due on? I bet you can t wait for it to be over now, at least you wont be pregnant when it gets really hot (as people tell me its going to be)
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

It felt very good particularly as I was quite nervous as I have failed it once, and didnt want to fail again, so it felt wonderful to pass it, am so glad thats over and done with

So what date is the baby due on? I bet you can t wait for it to be over now, at least you wont be pregnant when it gets really hot (as people tell me its going to be)
Yes, I am always nervous with tests.... whatever they are. I used to hate exams at school. Well done you anyway!!

Baby is due 19th January but I'm hoping that the c-section will be about the 10th. The consultant said its best at 39 weeks but I'm pushing for 2 days before this. I see the consultant again next week so hopefully will soon have my hospital date. I am now falling apart at the seams so I hope the next few weeks go quickly.

Last year the weather here didnt really settle til after New Year, but we certainly had more hot days than what we've had this spring. My friend is preggy and a few weeks behind me so she'll be at the biggest when its hottest... yuck. I've timed it ok... I know I wont be able to drive for a while but my son wont be missing out on PlayGroups as it will be school hols.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice

Well, I did not know where else to go with this so thought I would bring it here. As some of you know I am flying to NZ this sunday for a reccie visit and was all ready for this until this last week which has been one of the worst in my life. My uncle died suddenly last seek (funeral tomorrow). Then last night got a call from someone telling me my daughter has been in a 4 car crash on the motorway. She is 20yrs old (yes, IS not WAS - thank GOD!). She driving at 70mph on motorway fast lane and for some inexplicable reason pressed brake instead of accelerator. Car behind ploughed into her and she spun across all 3 lanes coming to a stop in the inside lane facing the white headlights of the oncoming traffic (car facing in wrong direction now). She had to be dragged out of car amid paramedic and police activity and taken to hospital. Luckily she has no breaks just very deep bruising to neck, back, ribs, chest, hips and legs. Can barely walk for the pain and all I keep thinking is - what if this happened while I was in NZ - it has blown me away! more so cos I went to see her car today and there are only 2 intact things - the bonnet and the drivers seat - the rest is mangled metal. The back seats and the boot have disappeared completely underneath the car.
.............There - feeling calmer now. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. Now can anyone afford a big G&T, ice &slice for me - and a large brandy for my daughter! xxx
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 4:03 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Caitlin!!! I'm so sorry. I hope your daughter makes a full recovery. To have an accident at that speed and survive, she definitely has a guardian angel. I wish you and her all the best. I'm so sorry about your uncle, too. (((hugs!!!)))
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Caitlin- so sorry to hear this. What a lucky escape! I hope your daughter recovers quickly.

My daughter is 17 and learning to drive. It's a worry.

She had a shock yesterday. Her college is on a hill. A boy drove his car with 3 passengers out of college down the hill- it was slippery with rain and leaves and he was doing 40mph instead of 30. The car skidded into 2 girls walking up the hill on the pavement, 1 is fine the other is in a coma. All people involved are students from the college. She and all her friends are in shock that the girl could die, all she was doing was walking up the hill they all walk up everyday!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 4:38 pm
Banned

andy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond reputeandy&georgina has a reputation beyond repute

I think by the sound of it - we all need a LARGE DRINK tongiht

Gx
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

caitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nicecaitlin206 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Maz
OMG Caitlin!!! I'm so sorry. I hope your daughter makes a full recovery. To have an accident at that speed and survive, she definitely has a guardian angel. I wish you and her all the best. I'm so sorry about your uncle, too. (((hugs!!!)))
Thanks Maz - yeah she sure was lucky. And I am thankful - and treating her very nicely from now on!!!!
x
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:50 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by caitlin206
Thanks Maz - yeah she sure was lucky. And I am thankful - and treating her very nicely from now on!!!!
x
Hi Helen, Hi caitlin,

Gosh, reading these has sent shivers down my spine. Thank goodness they are ok and fingers crossed for the girl from your daughter's college Helen.

And to think they let them drive suped up Jap imports aged 15 with no insurance in NZ, what a worry.

Huge drinks all round on the bar for you. XXX
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Hi Helen, Hi caitlin,

Gosh, reading these has sent shivers down my spine. Thank goodness they are ok and fingers crossed for the girl from your daughter's college Helen.

And to think they let them drive suped up Jap imports aged 15 with no insurance in NZ, what a worry.

Huge drinks all round on the bar for you. XXX

Exactly what I was thinking. Luckily, my 18 and 16 yr old are in no hurry to get behind the wheel.
Sadly, it is common so you might not know anything about it, but my cousin was in a simular accident, had to be airlifted to Truro hosp. and apparently it was amazing she got out alive looking at the mangled wreck her car was. This was about 2/3 months ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.