Kiwi!

Old Nov 17th 2006, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Goldberry will become famous soon enoughGoldberry will become famous soon enough
Default Kiwi!

OH just showed me a little treasure. Maybe you've discovered it already, but here goes:
Kiwi!
A short animation with 2,5 million views and over 11,000 comments on youtube! (So far.)
Old Nov 17th 2006, 8:25 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Kiwi!

Originally Posted by Goldberry
OH just showed me a little treasure. Maybe you've discovered it already, but here goes:
Kiwi!
A short animation with 2,5 million views and over 11,000 comments on youtube! (So far.)

Spackster has just hijacked laptop. Absolutely fab. Really sweet. Brought a tear to my eye, but then i am an emotional wreck at the mo.
Old Nov 17th 2006, 10:51 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

i must be thick and not worthy of the blue stamp. I dont understand it

ah well... all i can think about are sheep at the moment (been making nativity costumes).
Old Nov 17th 2006, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold

Love the kiwis, so friendly etc
Old Nov 17th 2006, 11:05 pm
Actually just Adie

Jac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of lightJac&Adie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dreamfish
i must be thick and not worthy of the blue stamp. I dont understand it

ah well... all i can think about are sheep at the moment (been making nativity costumes).
Little hint, once the Kiwi launchs its ALL downhill from there
Adie
Old Nov 18th 2006, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Well, 2 things go against me for understanding it.... I'm blonde and I have pregnancy brain at the moment. It sure was a cutie but have to admit not sure what it meant.... lol
Old Nov 18th 2006, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just a mis-understood misery guts.........

I'm not blonde, nor am I with child, but I have to agree with SarahB, as the POMS might say against the Aussies in the Ashes matches, "Stumped Me!"
Old Nov 18th 2006, 8:08 am
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe trying to make a 'number 8 wire' - type statement? Maybe trying to say they try hard but fail? Maybe just being American?

Genuine Qs.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Goldberry will become famous soon enoughGoldberry will become famous soon enough

Now you guys got me stumped!

To be on common grounds: Kiwi (= a flightless bird native to NZ. Because it doesn't have any predators it needs no wings to escape.

OK, explaining this might take away from the magic (that I felt). What this small film shows:
it's a Kiwi who is actually nailing trees up a hill. Why does it do that? So it can experience the sensation of flying over the tree-tops like "real" birds. Have you heard the end of the film? "Bump"!

What I see:
Nailing trees sideways up a hill is a synonym for fighting windmills, swimming against the current, doing Your thing and not get distracted. I imagine other Kiwis have excluded him from the community because he's different. The Kiwi succeeds though, because he lives his dream. From his facial expression (brilliant graphic realisation) I can even read that it's his one dream in life that pushes him to do what he does: he must experience what it's like to be able to fly! The film is very touching because in the end he gets killed. He had so strong a desire to fly that he even took his death into account. However, this fulfilled his life and he died with a smile on his face. (Yes, I have a lot of imagination. )

I brought this here because I thought this small film could be transferred to emigrants' situation. Many here have been having this dream to go to NZ. Some are lucky and have enough cash to not have to worry (wings to fly), others aren't as lucky (flightless birds). For them to achieve their goal could be a bit like nailing trees sideways up a hill....
So far I haven't given up even though I know the fall could be hard as I'm a pretty old bird.

What do you say?

Last edited by Goldberry; Nov 18th 2006 at 1:35 pm.
Old Nov 18th 2006, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Well I loved it, go Kiwi!
Donna