The kiwi $

Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:48 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The kiwi $

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Hey I'm hoping it goes to $3.06 again around September .
I'm hoping for $1 for 1, around Christmas and shoots up to $3 to 1 just after New Year!
Old Jun 11th 2012, 6:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
I'm hoping for $1 for 1, around Christmas and shoots up to $3 to 1 just after New Year!
Off back to Blighty for a holiday by any chance
Old Jun 11th 2012, 7:31 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Off back to Blighty for a holiday by any chance
Old Jul 28th 2012, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

chocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond reputechocolate cake has a reputation beyond repute

Resurrecting this thread as the GBP continues to hover comfortably below $2 to the GBP is sad, especially with the news earlier in the week of a 3rd straight qtr of negative growth :-(
Least some good news overnight with the UK continuing to hold it's Triple A credit rating with S&P.
Old Jul 28th 2012, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocolate cake
Resurrecting this thread as the GBP continues to hover comfortably below $2 to the GBP is sad, especially with the news earlier in the week of a 3rd straight qtr of negative growth :-(
Least some good news overnight with the UK continuing to hold it's Triple A credit rating with S&P.
Yep, very frustrating as we have some money to transfer.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, very frustrating as we have some money to transfer.
The bloke who runs www.interest.co.nz (Bernard Hickey) thinks that monetary policy MUST be reviewed to help push down the kiwi as it is ruining our expert sector. I changed a significant sum at a touch over 2.08 a while back, it seems like for once I was right and got in at what for recent times was a REAL high (that is a joke eh?...2.08 a real high).

I really think your 2.50s are NEVR going to happen in our life times and maybe 2.20 could a very good rate to go for ...if it ever happens. The UK is in more shite than ever these days.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:04 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Genesis
The bloke who runs www.interest.co.nz (Bernard Hickey) thinks that monetary policy MUST be reviewed to help push down the kiwi as it is ruining our expert sector. I changed a significant sum at a touch over 2.08 a while back, it seems like for once I was right and got in at what for recent times was a REAL high (that is a joke eh?...2.08 a real high).

I really think your 2.50s are NEVR going to happen in our life times and maybe 2.20 could a very good rate to go for ...if it ever happens. The UK is in more shite than ever these days.
I heard something about the monetary policy on the news last week. You certainly seem to have done the right thing at $2.08. I think we should transfer it asap but OH wants to wait. $2.50 seems like never-neverland now & our $3.06 in 1996 was obviously just a dream!!!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

I heard something about the monetary policy on the news last week. You certainly seem to have done the right thing at $2.08. I think we should transfer it asap but OH wants to wait. $2.50 seems like never-neverland now & our $3.06 in 1996 was obviously just a dream!!!
We live in another paradigm now. It almost seems like it was another universe the 2.64 we got in 2005 and a subsequent 2.7 something in 2008. I really think 2 is the new 3 as I have said before. The kiwi is going to stay at silly money for ever it seems. The RBNZ & the NZ govt. have no will it appears to do ought about it. They could simply embark upon money printing (quantative easing) to bring the value down. It is easy. All other western nations are printing money and it is a simple thing to do. It would get things back to a more even keel. It would appear that those in charge a stupid, stupid, stupid..if you believe knowledgeable folk like Bernard Hickey.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:28 pm
Just Joined

mikesearle86 is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be transferring the majority of my NZ salary back to the UK so it's going the right way for me just now... I don't see the £ returning any form of strength in the short / medium term, and the current trends over the last 3 - 6 months would suggest a sub 1.9 in August
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sirplug
I think your wish of $1 for a pound will be just round the corner at this rate. The pound has just dipped below $1.90.....again the authorities sit on their hands and do nothing about this situation. I hear every day how the strong dollar is wrecking our export sector. So what if you can get a cheap TV and you save a few bucks on your petrol this country's export sector is going to hell in a hand cart?? Apathy rears its head (and stupidity) yet again.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:15 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Would it not be better to get the UK to strengthen their economy? Seems pretty selfish to keep the £ so low. Think about all those poor expats around the world!
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Would it not be better to get the UK to strengthen their economy? Seems pretty selfish to keep the £ so low. Think about all those poor expats around the world!
This is not really about a weak pound. It is about an overly strong kiwi eh? I know you jest but the only winners are petrol buyers and TV buyers in relation to the strong kiwi (and those going back to the UK or the US!!!) Not much of a way to run an efficient economy eh?
Old Aug 7th 2012, 4:52 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I jest, but IMO, the NZD is not over valued and I really can not see the government getting involved in devaluing it.

Here is a article that I read last year and booked marked, it helps me make FOREX predictions for my business. Maybe it will put some perspective on things.

http://worldviewdownunder.blogspot.c...er-valued.html
Old Aug 7th 2012, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Catchafire
Yes I jest, but IMO, the NZD is not over valued and I really can not see the government getting involved in devaluing it.

Here is a article that I read last year and booked marked, it helps me make FOREX predictions for my business. Maybe it will put some perspective on things.

http://worldviewdownunder.blogspot.c...er-valued.html
Bernard Hickey of Interest.co.nz believes the RBNZ should intervene, but I agree with you I doubt they will. Thank you for the link.
Old Aug 7th 2012, 6:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond reputeMark Smith has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst the $ keeps this high, I am taking advantage and buying up lots of equipment from the UK to resell over here, although not much good if everyone is broke.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.