Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Kitesurfing North island

Kitesurfing North island

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice
Default Re: Kitesurfing North island

Originally Posted by sirplug
Hi Sirplug, thanks for the links, appreciate it . I'm from Chesterfield.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Hi Nicorsts1,

I am in Auckland and kitesurf locally, had a great day at Shakespear Park last weekend and if the wind is ok will be at Pt Chev this weekend too.
I have a friend who recently started kitesurfing and had lessons at Pt Chev. I think the lessons are essential for the safety aspect ! When I started kitesurfing some time ago I managed to launch myself up into the sky and came down with quite a thud but fortunately nothing broken but it could have been quite a different story !

Your welcome to catch up with us for some info etc. it's also worth looking out on Trademe for stuff but I would have lessons first then work out what size kites and boards to go for.

It really is an awesome sport and gives you the most amazing buzz every time your on the water.

Annabel
Old Feb 5th 2012, 3:06 am
Forum Regular

nicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nicenicorsts1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by annabel1
Hi Nicorsts1,

I am in Auckland and kitesurf locally, had a great day at Shakespear Park last weekend and if the wind is ok will be at Pt Chev this weekend too.
I have a friend who recently started kitesurfing and had lessons at Pt Chev. I think the lessons are essential for the safety aspect ! When I started kitesurfing some time ago I managed to launch myself up into the sky and came down with quite a thud but fortunately nothing broken but it could have been quite a different story !

Your welcome to catch up with us for some info etc. it's also worth looking out on Trademe for stuff but I would have lessons first then work out what size kites and boards to go for.

It really is an awesome sport and gives you the most amazing buzz every time your on the water.

Annabel
Cheers Annabel, never thought to look on trademe to be honest , at the moment we're considering moving areas, currently in Gisborne which is awesome for surfing and kitesurfing but unfortunately there's not a lot here, and after 6.00 the place feels like a ghost town with the odd dodgy folk hovering around looking for trouble.... I'll defininatly look into lessons first, give it a go and see where it leads, bit like a kid in a sweet shop at the mo... so many outdoor sports to get stuck into alls good.