Kitesurfing

Old Aug 7th 2011, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Skipton, North Yorkshire to Auckland North Shore
Kiteboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kitesurfing

Hey
Is there any Kite surfers on here from the Auckland area. I've just got my kitesurfing kit from the UK & am keen to get to know some people.

Owen
Old Aug 7th 2011, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

martyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud ofmartyc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Kitesurfing

Good luck with your search.

I'm not sure that a kite would surf with me on it.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 6:58 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kiteboy
Hey
Is there any Kite surfers on here from the Auckland area. I've just got my kitesurfing kit from the UK & am keen to get to know some people.

Owen
Head to Orewa. There are loads there that do the sport, the beach is ideal. There's a kite surfing shop next to the beach, they'll put you in touch with a few people.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 8:05 am

P18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond reputeP18PPS has a reputation beyond repute

They were all out on St Heliers Beach today, we've counted unto 30 at anyone time!
Old Aug 7th 2011, 12:31 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sirplug
Head to Orewa. There are loads there that do the sport, the beach is ideal. There's a kite surfing shop next to the beach, they'll put you in touch with a few people.
+1
Old Aug 8th 2011, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Hi Lardyl

We are arriving in Auckland on 1st Sept and both kutesurf. On previous tips to Auckland we've been out at Cheltenham beach and Orewa which were good.
We will have a little wait for all our gear to arrive before we get out on the waves, I'm just hoping I'm not too rusty by the time my wetsuit goes on again !
Do keep us posted on any good spots you find

Last edited by annabel1; Aug 8th 2011 at 10:09 pm.
Old Aug 9th 2011, 4:21 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annabel1
......Do keep us posted on any good spots you find
Sorry, I don't kitesurf but I live next to Red Beach and overlook Orewa beach so I can see the people who do and there are often plenty of them.

Red Beach is good for skim boarding at low tide though.

Enjoy your trip over and the kitesurfing
Old Aug 9th 2011, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

annabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to allannabel1 is a name known to all

Oooppss ! Should have said kiteboy ! !

I do envy the sound of your spot at red beach, sounds ace. I do like the peninsula but it is just a bit too far for us for work, so have got a spot at half moon bay !
Old Oct 31st 2011, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Laura_and_Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this thread started a while ago but just wanted to ask about the kitesurfing.

My partner and I landed from UK about 4 weeks ago and currently living at St Heliers. We are waiting for our kite stuff to be delivered via shipment so have a few more weeks yet until we can start kiting. We have seen the kites up on Kohimarama and St Heliers so cannot wait!!

We would love to meet a few friends and obviously fellow kiters would be great to meet up with - please let me know if you fancy a meet up near St Heliers, or we could travel, to see what's happening with kiting in this area.

Thanks guys,
Laura & Steve