Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

King Lear in Wellington this Sunday.

King Lear in Wellington this Sunday.

Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:20 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute
Default King Lear in Wellington this Sunday.

Anybody going?

Is there anybody who would like to go but can't as, sadly, it has sold out?

Send me a PM if you are in the latter category as I can't go and have two tickets to get rid of.

(Ticketek refuse to take them back despite my sob story)
Old Aug 10th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: King Lear in Wellington this Sunday.

Originally Posted by Avid
Anybody going?

Send me a PM if you are in the latter category as I can't go and have two tickets to get rid of.

Would've been superb. Too late though-got plans. Seen a few of Billy Shake's stuff-fantastic. If you've got the time-go!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:27 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

This would have been for us - but it's a flight and a night away.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:36 am

Avid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond reputeAvid has a reputation beyond repute

If anybody knows anybody who is interested they should tell them that they can contact the Wellington box office directly, as Ticketek have generously said they'll put them back on sale for me.

Show starts at 7, is about 4 hours long (Tickets are row F, stalls) and you get to see Ian McKellan (of Coronation Street fame) do a nude scene.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:45 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

If anybody knows anybody who is interested they should tell them that they can contact the Wellington box office directly, as Ticketek have generously said they'll put them back on sale for me.

Show starts at 7, is about 4 hours long (Tickets are row F, stalls) and you get to see Ian McKellan (of Coronation Street fame) do a nude scene.
Avid, if you could up the ante and sell me tickets to see you perform live, I may consider a fleeting visit to Wellington.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 1:13 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody going?

BUMP!!

Avid

Why you noy going mate?

I would, given half the chance ( and flights, babysitters for the night etc!!) I've seen some of the interviews with Sir Ian McEllen this week on tv. I couldn't think of a better Lear other than Olivier but he pegged it years ago
Old Aug 11th 2007, 2:19 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Avid, can you not put the tx on trademe?
Old Aug 11th 2007, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by karonious
Avid, if you could up the ante and sell me tickets to see you perform live, I may consider a fleeting visit to Wellington.
You never know...once I've learned the culture I might give it a go. If Dai Henwood's the only competition I think I can sleep easy at nights..
Old Aug 11th 2007, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
BUMP!!

Why you noy going mate? D

My wife had a serious accident. She's ok now, but won't be leaving the house for a few months.
Old Aug 11th 2007, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Paua Shell
Avid, can you not put the tx on trademe?

I did!....what an interesting experience that was....no 'theatre' section so I stuck them in 'Art other'

Got a few serious bids but then some maniac made 8 bids in one minute to push the price from $80-$250.

I was trying to work out what to do next when Ticketek phoned to say that they had given me a refund. (insert smiley here).
Old Aug 11th 2007, 7:44 am
BE Enthusiast

littleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of lightlittleal is a glorious beacon of light

My wife had a serious accident. She's ok now, but won't be leaving the house for a few months.

Get well soon, Mrs Avid
Alison
Old Aug 12th 2007, 1:09 pm
duckfoot

ceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud ofceri75 has much to be proud of

sorry to hear this & hope you make a speedy recovery Mrs Avid
Old Aug 12th 2007, 11:49 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Mrs Avid
Old Aug 13th 2007, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Wilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really niceWilma & co is just really nice

Best wishes to Mrs Avid for a speedy recovery.
Old Aug 13th 2007, 3:43 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery Mrs Avid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.