Reload this Page >

Kia Ora! Coming to Auckland!

Kia Ora! Coming to Auckland!

Old Jan 5th 2012, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

sheetarathundercat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kia Ora! Coming to Auckland!

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself! I am a 31 year old gal who is about to leave London to go travelling around NZ for a couple of months before settling in Auckland and looking for work from 1 March 2012. I don't have an OH or children so a little worried about doing this adventure on my own!

Haven't been to Auckland before so if anyone in a similar position is interested in meeting me for coffee/drinks to make this transition a little less daunting then do get in touch!

Also, I noticed that there is a lot of accomodation info available for people moving with families. Hopefully, I will be working in the CBD and would like to live close to there without spending a fortune on rent. What are the nice, safe areas in the centre of Auckland that single professionals generally live in and would would be a reasonable amount to spend on rent each month for a double room in a shared house/flat? In London I lived in Islington & Clapham in the past so looking for the Auckland equivalent of that, I suppose!

Many thanks!

J
Old Jan 6th 2012, 5:18 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kia Ora! Coming to Auckland!

Hello and a big welcome to the New Zealand section of BE from the Consierge in Spain.

You will find excellent information in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

BE Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font. Also there are Consierges who can support and guide you.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 7th 2012, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I'm just running out to a night shift but just wanted ot say Hi before I left.

I did the move in 2010 on my own at 36 so its definitely do-able. I came over to a full time job so a little bit different but you'll be fine.

I originally came over to Rotorua but Im now up in Auckland so feel free to give me a shout if you want any info.
Old Jan 7th 2012, 4:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

If you dont know anyone flatting is good way to get to know some people and you generally get to live
in a nicer house in a nicer area for a lot less. yeah you have to share with others but its cool way to go about things.
I've done it in the past and made some very good friends and wouldn't hesitate to do it again in the future.

Have a look here for what you can get. For CBD you want to look at Auckland city and North shore areas.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Flatmates/Auckland/index.htm
Old Jan 8th 2012, 11:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi J, just wanted to welcome you to our cosy, wee NZ forums. Can't help with your specific questions but just want to wish you the best of luck with your plans