British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   kia ora (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/kia-ora-627871/)

inkling Aug 27th 2009 3:28 pm

kia ora

hi everybody,
long time reader first time posting(great & informative & most of all friendly site). My family and I (3 kids) are hoping to move over to Wellington, the only thing that would be concerning me with the move would be the weather.I don't mind the wind and rain as long as you get a good summer out of it.What would you say about the summers in Wellington?
Any feed back would be appreciated
Thanks for your time.
talk soon.

MnB Aug 27th 2009 5:12 pm

Re: kia ora

Originally Posted by inkling (Post 7880213)
hi everybody,
long time reader first time posting(great & informative & most of all friendly site). My family and I (3 kids) are hoping to move over to Wellington, the only thing that would be concerning me with the move would be the weather.I don't mind the wind and rain as long as you get a good summer out of it.What would you say about the summers in Wellington?
Any feed back would be appreciated
Thanks for your time.
talk soon.

Hello & welcome!
you're right ..this is a friendly and informative site :thumbsup:and I'm sure someone from Wellington NZ will be along later to answer your questions.

We are still in uk at the moment and whilst we have visited Wellington (Nov & Feb) and had good weather I'll leave it to the lovely peeps living there to help you!
Good luck with your plans
B x

Dewb09 Aug 27th 2009 7:54 pm

Hi & welcome to this great site, well done for finally posting :thumbsup:

Also still here so not much help as far as weather in Wellington concerned.

Its nickname is windy Wellington & I belive the rain can be horizontal :blink:

Hopefully some Wellington folk can shed some light on this

Welcome anyway
Dewb

MnB Aug 28th 2009 2:27 pm

hi ...notice no replies from Welly yet:( you might be better posting your questions on the main forum:)
B x

inkling Aug 28th 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks for the welcome,
I think you could be right, I'll try the main forum. thanks.

Rosiesue Aug 31st 2009 11:29 pm

Hi inkling and welcome!

We live in the Kapiti coast about 50 mins drive outside of Wellington, but have spent plenty of time in the past working there.

Yes the wind and the rain can be bad, but the thing that seems so much better that in the UK is that (when it's not raining) we seem to have so many days of lovely blue sky and sunshine (even in the winter). I would say temperature wise it probably isn't all that different to the UK, but at least you feel like you have a proper summer here rather than those horrible gray days that you get in the UK.

Don't let the weather put you off. You could always come and live on the Kapiti Coast :thumbup: