Kia Ora!

Old May 5th 2009, 10:37 pm
Just Joined

MagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant future
Default Kia Ora!

I have finally started the process of making the move to NZ with the family. My OH is a Kiwi and we, with our two daughters (12 and 9) have finally decided that it's time for a move down under.
My OH has been over here for 17 years, she came for her OE and ended up staying - apparently that's my fault!
I have been lucky enough to have visited NZ six times (I know - what's taken me so long) and having just got back 2 weeks ago after a 4 week visit the pull this tim was too great, so we're going to take the plunge.

We applied for children's NZ passports last week and once we receive those I'm going to put in my residency application (i've filled out most of the forms -jeez am I only one to get writer's cramp).

Actually since we decided to make the move I don't think I've ever done so much DIY - Well more "do as your told" - Hoping to get the house on the market by the beginning of June and then sit and wait and see what happens with the stagnant housing market.

Well I shall be popping on from time to time to gather pearls of wisdom from you all because I'll definitely need it. Thanks for reading.
Stu
Old May 5th 2009, 11:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kia Ora!

Welcome Stu.

Happy posting around the NZ board.
Old May 5th 2009, 11:03 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MagpieStu
I have finally started the process of making the move to NZ with the family. My OH is a Kiwi and we, with our two daughters (12 and 9) have finally decided that it's time for a move down under.
My OH has been over here for 17 years, she came for her OE and ended up staying - apparently that's my fault!
I have been lucky enough to have visited NZ six times (I know - what's taken me so long) and having just got back 2 weeks ago after a 4 week visit the pull this tim was too great, so we're going to take the plunge.

We applied for children's NZ passports last week and once we receive those I'm going to put in my residency application (i've filled out most of the forms -jeez am I only one to get writer's cramp).

Actually since we decided to make the move I don't think I've ever done so much DIY - Well more "do as your told" - Hoping to get the house on the market by the beginning of June and then sit and wait and see what happens with the stagnant housing market.

Well I shall be popping on from time to time to gather pearls of wisdom from you all because I'll definitely need it. Thanks for reading.
Stu
Hi Stu and welcome to BE. Have some "Married to a Kiwi" karma - all the best people are!

I had to do the same for my 4 kids, citizenship by descent and Kiwi passports and then do my own PR for myself. Fairly straightforward but still takes time.

Good luck!

Where abouts in NZ will you head to?
Old May 6th 2009, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

MagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant futureMagpieStu has a brilliant future

Thanks very much!

The plan is to head to Hawkes Bay - most of the OH family live in The Bay.
There is a sister in Howick but having lived in the London environs for the past 21 years, there is an appeal of something a little quieter
But nothing is set in stone, it's the lifestyle that appeals and we'll be doing a lot of travelling around and who knows we might find somewhere that blows us away more than HB.
Old May 7th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

CCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud ofCCGM.IN.NZ has much to be proud of

Hi, welcome to the forum. This made me chuckle.
Originally Posted by MagpieStu
There is a sister in Howick but having lived in the London environs for the past 21 years, there is an appeal of something a little quieter
Howick is a village with lots of old folks where everyone has gone to bed by 9.30!

Good luck with your plans