Reload this Page >

Kerikeri to Tauranga

Kerikeri to Tauranga

Old Sep 20th 2016, 1:54 am
Just Joined

Belter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kerikeri to Tauranga

Hello.

I am finally going to make the move from sleepy Kerikeri to Tauranga. I plan on moving around the beginning of November all being well. I am also planning a trip there soon to check the place out. I am 34 years old male and single can anyone recommend where the best places would be for me to check out. I am not sure where I will be working yet, I work in IT but would like to live somewhere near bars and restaurants with a decent day/night vibe (if that exists )

Cheers
Belter
Old Sep 20th 2016, 2:44 am
BE Forum Addict

escapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond reputeescapedtonz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kerikeri to Tauranga

Originally Posted by Belter
Hello.

I am finally going to make the move from sleepy Kerikeri to Tauranga. I plan on moving around the beginning of November all being well. I am also planning a trip there soon to check the place out. I am 34 years old male and single can anyone recommend where the best places would be for me to check out. I am not sure where I will be working yet, I work in IT but would like to live somewhere near bars and restaurants with a decent day/night vibe (if that exists )

Cheers
Belter
Beltin idea Belter ;-)
I really liked KeriKeri when I visited on a recent Northland campervan trip and even though it is very beautiful up there, I can see why you're making the move as there did seem to be many more retired folk.

If you wish to live near bars and restaurants you only have 2 options:-
Central Tauranga or Central Mt. Maunganui.
To be near downtown Tauranga you'll need to be living in Avenues which is South of the centre within walking distance. All the main bars and restaurants are on The Strand which is also waterfront.

Mt. Maunganui is much nicer as it's the best beach resort in NZ but for that you'll pay a premium to live there. You can live right next to the main street. Much more of a younger surf vibe to it but still many bars and eateries with the bonus of 2 x beaches and The Mount to walk around or up whatever takes your fancy.
Mt. Maunganui is much more seasonal as you'd expect with the place being mad busy during late spring to mid Autumn. If I was in your shoes as a single 34yr old it'd be The Mount just because there's more to do sports wise.
As night life goes there isn't much here. Midnight is about your lot, however there is a club in Tauranga so I've heard. Suppose it depends what you are looking for ?
Any idea who you will be working for ?

Last edited by escapedtonz; Sep 20th 2016 at 2:57 am.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 3:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info.
Yeah Keri is a cool little place but been here over a year now and it’s pretty boring on the weekends once you have done all the walks and beaches.
I’ll check them both out, I’m not a party animal, but would be nice to meet some friends and enjoy food and drink something that is non-existent here. I love my sports and fitness so maybe I’ll concentrate more on Maunganui.
Old Sep 20th 2016, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Kotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond reputeKotare has a reputation beyond repute

I was in Tauranga (from Keri) about a month ago to help a mate with a boat - when I asked the motel owner where I could find a bar/get a drink he sent me to Countdown (but hurry as it shuts a 9pm) - so good luck :-)
Old Sep 26th 2016, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

I always party at Countdown