Kayaking?

Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:34 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Kayaking?

So I'm thinking this might be quite fun? I need a hobby.

One that hopefully could be conducive to a decent suntan come the summer and a reduction in my bingo wings to boot.

Only I know nothing about them.

Anyone kayak here? I know I need a life jacket, a paddle and a canoe style boat, bottle of wine and mobile phone, oh and my sunglasses and factor 30 ...

What kind do I need? A sea kayak for using on ... the sea? Or are they just for fishing? Are there different sizes? Better makes than others? Do they come in pink? Are there sea faring rules and regulations I need to know or do I just launch her with a bottle of Bolly and set sail, so to speak?
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:10 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kayaking?

Originally Posted by Am Loolah

One that hopefully could be conducive to a decent suntan come the summer and a reduction in my bingo wings to boot.

Anyone kayak here? I know I need a life jacket, a paddle and a canoe style boat, bottle of wine and mobile phone, oh and my sunglasses and factor 30 ...

What kind do I need? A sea kayak for using on ... the sea? Or are they just for fishing? Are there different sizes? Better makes than others? Do they come in pink? Are there sea faring rules and regulations I need to know or do I just launch her with a bottle of Bolly and set sail, so to speak?
Can't help with any of your questions but have a friend who has a couple of sea kayaks and they are great fun. Easy to lose your balance (you kind of sit on top) but so good to ride.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:23 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

whats a kayak

but I will certainly join you for the bottle of wine (well one each) lol...
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:29 pm
Stoke City fanatic

nelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond reputenelsonpom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
whats a kayak

but I will certainly join you for the bottle of wine (well one each) lol...
Thought i would give you some Karma as you should have more blue blocks with nearly 300 posts....
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
Thought i would give you some Karma as you should have more blue blocks with nearly 300 posts....
omg I should stop. ....the sun needs to come out....
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:38 pm
Stoke City fanatic

Originally Posted by love30stm
omg I should stop. ....the sun needs to come out....
The sun will be out tomorrow.... My excuse is I am working but I did finish a while ago
Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by nelsonpom
The sun will be out tomorrow.... My excuse is I am working but I did finish a while ago
To be fair it was a nice day today and Spring is just around the corner...and I should go to bed at night instead of on here...

which im going to do now...
Old Aug 25th 2008, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Am Loolah

My OH has a canoe and my eldest ( age 8 ) loves kayaking. Infact,he wants one to bring to NZ!! He says if his dad gets to take his 16ft canoe he wants a kayak. Why not try this forum which is all about paddling sports

http://www.songofthepaddle.co.uk

someone here might be able to answer your question. Hope this helps

Phyllis x
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Am Loolah

I have a sea kayak & going to get the Missus one for Christmas if she's good

You'll also need a seat with a back rest, they clip in & will help prevent you getting backache.

The best news is that they do come in PINKas I asked the guy in the shop at Silverdale. The bad news is that none of the blokes would test it for seaworthiness , muttered something about rather being dead!!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Hi Am Loolah

I have a sea kayak & going to get the Missus one for Christmas if she's good

You'll also need a seat with a back rest, they clip in & will help prevent you getting backache.

The best news is that they do come in PINKas I asked the guy in the shop at Silverdale. The bad news is that none of the blokes would test it for seaworthiness , muttered something about rather being dead!!!!!
Fabulous - thank you everyone!! I'm off to race Ash1 in his at some point and then will start shopping around. And pink too - it'll look great in the garage where it will probably spend most of it's time!
Old Aug 25th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous - thank you everyone!! I'm off to race Ash1 in his at some point and then will start shopping around. And pink too - it'll look great in the garage where it will probably spend most of it's time!

Yes, put it in the garage between the jogging machine and the golf clubs!!!! You can get 2 seater kayaks.......so Dave can do all the paddling or your spill your drink!
Ash
Old Aug 25th 2008, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Ash1
Yes, put it in the garage between the jogging machine and the golf clubs!!!! You can get 2 seater kayaks.......so Dave can do all the paddling or your spill your drink!
Ash
Exsqueeze me - you're forgetting who "took one for the boys" (oo-er missus ) at your last soiree and was the sober driver??!!

Twice in one weekend - that's me done for the year!

Last time I went kayaking with the Hubster he tried to kill me by flicking a jellyfish at me ... :curse:
Old Aug 26th 2008, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Am Loolah, have you tried here http://rivers.org.nz/membership/clubs