Karori

Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Karori

Ok, not sure why I was looking, but found a really cool looking house up here, anyone stayed there and no what the places is like? Its a bit of Welly I've not really been to yet...
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Karori

Before arriving here I was told expats in Wellington lived in the K suburbs i.e. Karori, Khandallah, Kelburn etc . I looked at a house to rent there and thought the area seemed very pleasant...I would say mainly family orientated, lovely hill views but NO SEA VIEWS because of where it is situated so a bit like Churton Park in that respect but with much older housing and the usual hotchpotch of NZ wooden styles. It has lots of facilities e.g. library,swimming pool, health centre, the state schools there are supposed to be good etc etc. and when all is said and done it is very convenient for Wellington City. Probably worth a look but be wary of the usual..does the house get sun v shade(=damp) thing.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irnbru14
Ok, not sure why I was looking, but found a really cool looking house up here, anyone stayed there and no what the places is like? Its a bit of Welly I've not really been to yet...

it depends on the area though - it's well known as a damp/cold area in Welly - unless you find a really nice warm sunny house (if you are lucky)

There's Karori Sanctuary - if you enjoy walking/hiking then it would be good

Last edited by crap coffee; Feb 26th 2008 at 5:02 am.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:10 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine lives way out in West Karori on a lifestyle plot. She loves it out there, but is a bit isolated as she has no mobile phone coverage. She also says it's a right pain in the arse when there's an accident on the main road in and out of Karori, messes the whole place up.

We nearly rented in Karori, but are glad we didn't as the container would never have made it up those hills and around those corners where the house was.

I like Karori well enough, though for the lack of sea views it does seem a tad pricey. I think I read somewhere, or someone told me, I forget which, that it's NZ's fastest-growing suburb, so with the lack of roads into the capital, the traffic problem is only going to get worse...

Love the sanctuary though (we became members on our first visit). Saw my first fantail there. Not to mention wetas up close on the cave walls.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

oolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really niceoolie is just really nice

My husbands brother lives there - I really like as it is a real family place but it is expensive. City end is better than the other apparently. Does have good schools - but they are big. Would be very lucky to have any sort of flat land there. Someone told me it is New Zealands biggest suburb. Dont know if that is based on land or residents. Someone else told me they would never live there as there is a fog there most of the time - not that I have ever seen it.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:41 am
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

I used to go to Karori quite a bit as a kid to go see the grandparents. Because of that I quite like it, open suburb which is a bit posh can get the sun but as its high up vurnerable to low cloud and damp.

There are two roads out of Karori into town, the main route has a decent bus service and bus lane to get home quicker though maybe a good walk home depending on how far away you are from the bus route.

Zoned for Wellington College and Wellington Girls which are two excellent colleges in Wellington. Football, tennis, bowling (the new youngster trend) and cricket clubs. Good shopping area.

The closed down New World was used in Peter Jackson's "Meet the Feebles".
Old Feb 26th 2008, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers all! Not really sure what I'm thinking about, plan is to rent for a year or so til I decide how long term this all is, but saw a nice pad and its at the top end of Karori, probably too expensive with mortgage rates and it just being my wages, but may go have a wee look as it looks very me
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:03 am
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

post a link for us nosey people please
Old Feb 26th 2008, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spid
post a link for us nosey people please
I might get gazumped!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 2:33 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

I might get gazumped!
not by me!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:42 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

I might get gazumped!
Nah you wouldn't matey. Everyone moves to Porirua for some reason I still haven't yet worked out.

I mean except K-Mart, what else is there ???

Old Feb 27th 2008, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
Nah you wouldn't matey. Everyone moves to Porirua for some reason I still haven't yet worked out.

I mean except K-Mart, what else is there ???

I think they MAY have a Harvey Norman??
Old Feb 27th 2008, 1:57 am
Winter hibernator

I think they MAY have a Harvey Norman??
How can they afford a Harvey Norman up there ??? Oh hang on "no payments to 2010" ............ They also have a McDonalds and a police college
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:18 am

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ted Logan
How can they afford a Harvey Norman up there ??? Oh hang on "no payments to 2010" ............ They also have a McDonalds and a police college
i shall not take the bait......
nope i wont do it
Old Feb 27th 2008, 2:44 am
Winter hibernator

Originally Posted by dreamfish
i shall not take the bait......
nope i wont do it
But someone will

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.