Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Karma and Stars above your avatar

Karma and Stars above your avatar

Old May 22nd 2009, 2:19 pm
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light
Default Karma and Stars above your avatar

Hi, just a quickie. I know how the Karma thing works on here as far as people rate your posts and all that, but how many points do you need to increase the number of blue squares. Also what are the stars above your avatar for and how do they build up. Thanks for your time, Liz

Last edited by Lizaberry; May 22nd 2009 at 2:19 pm. Reason: sp
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:16 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Karma and Stars above your avatar

Aha ! It's a sign you're becoming addicted to BE. I've seen others go this way too.

The stars beneath your name are indicative of your post count

1 = 25
2 = 50
3 = 100
4 = 250
5 = 500
6 = 1000
7 = 2000
8 = 3000
9 = 4000
10 = 5000

Mine & Am Loo's , however, are a fetching shade of blue. We get a full house for being mad & agreeing to be prefects.

The blue squares are all about karma. You can give karma to a post for any amount of reasons. It is possible to leave a message when you give karma so the person knows from whom and why it was given to them.
The same BE rules apply to the karma messages as for PMs, posts and threads.

How many karma points you receive for a post all depends on who is giving you the karma and their own karma points. It also depends in which forum you send or receive the karma.

Hover your mouse over the blue boxes to see a message. you can see how many karma points you have from within Your Profile.

You cannot just repeatedly give karma to the same person. You have to spread it around. Like to me , me, me for instance.

You can also exceed a quota in a 24 hr period.

You can invest with your karma in karma fun where you can gain or lose your karma.

It's not the done thing to karma whore for points but feel free to give me karma for this post.
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:21 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
....Aha ! It's a sign you're becoming addicted to BE. .karma fun where you can gain or lose your karma....
oh not another thing I can become addicted to,,,,,,,,
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:22 am
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could trade Karma for Fly Buys.........
Old May 23rd 2009, 12:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Karma fun looks too complicated for my blonde brain, Bevs. I'll stick to the simple route
Old May 23rd 2009, 8:55 am
Newbie to NZ

Lizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of lightLizaberry is a glorious beacon of light

Oh thanks Bevs, that was just the kind of answer I was hoping for, but alas whilst I tried, I couldn't give you anymore karma for now 'until I have shared it about a bit with others' - sounds a little suggestive!! As usual you came up trumps with a easily comprehended and informative answer!

I now have 3 yellow stars - Yoh!

Hopefully my post will clarify things for others too. Ta, Liz
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lardyl
Wish I could trade Karma for Fly Buys.........
Actually I have no idea what to do with Karma lot here on BE........

Wish I could trade Karma for Qantas Frequent Flyer or korean Air skypass.......

I wouldn't bother Fly Buys though .................. My parents got a free domestic flight ticket between Welly and ChCh when I was a school kid .. just once... that's it.... I always think why on earth do I bother Fly buys...? as it is more trouble than a cartload of monkeys........ One of my Brit mates works for Fly Buy and he IS always wondering why I do not join? well I said I am too lazy... just don't need it....
Old May 23rd 2009, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lizaberry
Oh thanks Bevs, that was just the kind of answer I was hoping for, but alas whilst I tried, I couldn't give you anymore karma for now 'until I have shared it about a bit with others' - sounds a little suggestive!! As usual you came up trumps with a easily comprehended and informative answer!

Me,me, me LB

Cor....I'm shameless
Old May 23rd 2009, 10:06 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lizaberry

give me some too ...please I gave you some!
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:34 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by love30stm
give me some too ...please I gave you some!
Karma whoring is against BE rules ...

Me, me, me ...
Old May 23rd 2009, 11:37 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Tarts ! The lot of you.
Old May 24th 2009, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Tomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond reputeTomsk has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for the explanation...I hadn't been at all sure of the whole karma thing, so it's good to have an explanation of it all.
Oh, and thanks LB for asking the question in the first place.
I've given you all karma just for explaining it all