Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Kapiti-Wgtn Airport Transfer/shuttle/parking?

Kapiti-Wgtn Airport Transfer/shuttle/parking?

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

Rosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the roughRosiesue is a jewel in the rough
Default Kapiti-Wgtn Airport Transfer/shuttle/parking?

Hi,

We are flying back to visit family and friends in the UK next week and wondered if anyone knows of any good transfers between Waikanae and Wellington Airport? We had considered catching the bus to paraparaumu, then train to wellington then taxi, but with a 24 hour flight ahead of us +2 kids and assorted luggage that option isn't particularly appealing.

I got a quote from Supershuttle for a return trip and it was $272. Also, as they are a franchise operation, I would worry that maybe they just wouldn't turn up.

I have also looked at parking the car at the Airport. The long-term parking will cost us about $228. Has anyone here done this? I'm wondering how secure the parking is. Also, not sure how hubby will feel about driving after 24 hour flight.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 2:01 am
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kapiti-Wgtn Airport Transfer/shuttle/parking?

I've used Wellington airport parking three times now and it's been fine. Cheaper than a taxi either way from Tawa 9at least for the length of tim I was parked there! The car ends up a bit grubby from the sea breeze and the airport but is fine otherwise.

They are really quick at coming to drop you off and pick you up from the car park too.

We turned up once before they opened and they ended up opening 10 minutes late which caused us a small panic. We got to our check in well ahead though so no worries! I think they open at 4am.

Is your flight one of the mega-early ones?
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

MattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really niceMattH is just really nice
Default Re: Kapiti-Wgtn Airport Transfer/shuttle/parking?

I would call around some of the other Shuttle/taxi people - plenty of them to choose from.

I frequently park at the airport (usually just in short-stay even if I'm there for a week as I'm always running late!), but only when work is paying!

Alternatively I'll give you a lift, if you do the same for us in December

Matt