Justice for Nia?

Old Nov 25th 2008, 10:23 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Justice for Nia?

The thread is not about your feelings of injustice for all men Brussels_Sprout .
It is about justice for an abused child. Not about a husband that feels he has been abused. For a child. This child. Any child, in fact, that has been abused by a man , a woman or even another child !

The question posed is can there actually be justice?

If you wish to debate about justice for children that have suffered abuse & what society as a whole should or could do to reduce child abuse, then this is the thread to do that. Child abuse is nothing new. There are many, many reasons & a myriad amount of factors that lead to a child being abused .

If you wish to persue your hobby horse that men suffer hugely at the hands of women , then perhaps start your own thread on this topic.

You are perfectly entitled to express your views and opinions but could you please think about the tone of what you write a little more. Some of your posts have caused offense to the women that read this board. I'm sure you are aware of this from the responses that you have received. That is not the way to further your point. A little thoughtfulness and respect for those you post with would go a long way.

Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

i didn't look that good dressed up as Superman in Lycra, so my contribution to awareness raising was this write to various forums
Old Nov 25th 2008, 3:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
i didn't look that good dressed up as Superman in Lycra, so my contribution to awareness raising was this write to various forums

BS, I understand you have had a difficult divorce and that you miss your children. However, you are not raising awareness by posting in the manner in which you are posting. All you are accomplishing is making others put off by your pontifications and alienating those who might empathize with you.

While statistics are informative, they do not tell the entire truth. And while your feelings have validity to you, they do not have validity for everyone. As a single parent who successfully raised two children single-handedly without physical, emotional or financial support of their biological father, who turned his back on them btw, your condemnation of all single mothers or women who are divorced is unjustified, hurtful and to you, quite harmful. You are feeding your prejudices and anger and do no good for your cause or yourself.

There are forums on the Usenet for single fathers where your voice would be better heard. May I kindly suggest that you avail yourself of their existence and I hope that you are able to make the best of your situation with your ex-wife and with your children.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
As a single parent who successfully raised two children single-handedly without physical, emotional or financial support of their biological father, who turned his back on them btw, your condemnation of all single mothers or women who are divorced is unjustified, hurtful and to you, quite harmful.
Rete
This is how he operates, sometimes in 'pm' with people. He wheedles info out of posters then uses it against you in his personal tirades. He's done it with Jacky before as well as me.
I'm sure you can look after yourself but there was no need for you to have to reveal such personal details about your life on here just to justify your (100% correct) view that his posts in this vein are inappropriate.
I conform to his 'nuclear family' ideal and yet apparently even that is not good enough. You do not have to justify your personal circumstances to him, anymore than I do...

To me his style of posting is just as offensive as someone posting rascist remarks since your sex and your race are two things over which you have no control and I for one will be reconsidering the amount of time I spend on here, if he is allowed to go unchecked in these tirades.
But please everyone, don't give him personal ammo to use...he has no right to it. If he wants to wash his own dirty linen in public then so be it.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:52 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
Rete
This is how he operates, sometimes in 'pm' with people. He wheedles info out of posters then uses it against you in his personal tirades. He's done it with Jacky before as well as me.
I'm sure you can look after yourself but there was no need for you to have to reveal such personal details about your life on here just to justify your (100% correct) view that his posts in this vein are inappropriate.
I conform to his 'nuclear family' ideal and yet apparently even that is not good enough. You do not have to justify your personal circumstances to him, anymore than I do...

To me his style of posting is just as offensive as someone posting rascist remarks since your sex and your race are two things over which you have no control and I for one will be reconsidering the amount of time I spend on here, if he is allowed to go unchecked in these tirades.
But please everyone, don't give him personal ammo to use...he has no right to it. If he wants to wash his own dirty linen in public then so be it.
Luvwelly- I used the 'ignore' button some pages back and now, unless someone quotes him, I'm oblivious to his posts- might I suggest you do that rather than leave the forum?
Old Nov 25th 2008, 7:54 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

PS I also found the tone of some of his posts aggressive toward women and was surprised to see them unmoderated.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Luvwelly

Those years are long behind me and my children are now 37 and 40 years old, both married and with families of their own to love and care for.

Since two mods have spoke on this thread Bourbon's last post might need a "little rethinking" ;-)
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:12 pm
---

I used past tense because at the point that I put him on ignore his posts were unmoderated and that surprised me.
Old Nov 25th 2008, 8:23 pm
---

Having taken him off 'ignore' and had a quick read through I stand by my comment- describing the police as 'pussy whipped' and single mothers repeatedly as 'sluts' and sentences like this:

Women want to retain the advantages of being women ... while trying to grab those of men. ... They are so opportunistic that they neglect to profit from the knowledge accumulated by men throughout the ages. They always try to misrepresent them every time they can.
are totally inappropriate and ought to be moderated, imo. But it's just my opinion and not my forum
Old Nov 25th 2008, 9:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As moderators we are here to help but we just can't read everything or every single post . The best thing to do with an offensive post is to report it . That way a mod. that is on-line can go straight to the post and deal with it as they see fit per BE rules.
Other than that, a PM to a moderator to let them know would be useful.
If anyone feels the PM system has been abused , they should let a mod or admin know. That is not acceptable either.

There have been no reported posts on this thread and no PMs.

Not all moderation happens on the open forum. Sometimes a poster is approached privately in the hope of.....moderation....... per the BE rules.

I can't speak for other moderators but there are times when I simply cannot spend hours on this site. I will just check in and check out. So apologies to any of you that feel posts/threads that should have been moderated have somehow slipped through the net. Again, a report of the post/ thread always helps.

This is a community. It is everyone's forum . (BE rules apply) The members make the forum the community it is. If any of you feel that something is unacceptable please do hit that report button. That report will reach several mods as well as admin.

edited here....

I have moderated the thread and BS

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 26th 2008 at 4:16 am. Reason: update.