Justice for Nia?

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:21 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Justice for Nia?

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
As i said before, i don't expect women to understand, men WILL understand though.

I did have a lawyer, and i kept very calm in court. Genuine "Best Interests of the child" is not what happens in court. The "lawyer for child" acts as a second lawyer for the woman (in reality). That is the opinion of nearly ALL men who have been through the process, that is why we are so angry.

MEN are being forced out of childrens' lives more and more, from their families and from their schools. This has resulted in over feminised interaction with adults, NOT suited to boys.

Well as I said in a previous post, we have friends who are separated, divorce being finalised any day now. I honestly don't think he would agree with you. Yet they are perhaps not an extreme/typical case; she initiated the divorce and is the significantly higher income earner (x3). Thus she voluntarily offered to pay him £400/month after seeking legal advice. They steered clear of the courts for monetary reasons. They found this difficult because it is a traumatising time emotionally and I know a lot of couples would need to get the courts involved. They have joint custody of their two children (Mon-Thurs & Thurs-Mon arrangement.)

Having said that, she has come across a handful of bitter men on the (internet) dating scene since, many of whom feel completed shafted financially. It would be very hard not to take one's partner to the cleaners if they committed the ultimate act of betrayal. But I don't think I could ever lie about my husband being violent. He's highly moral and peaceful; our own children would be able to testify that he has never so much as smacked their hands. He's always careful and considered where our girls are considered. Nappy changing and bathing as babies, no problem whatsoever; but physical issues by about the age of two became Mummy territory. Sad in a way that society has come to this, but sensible all the same.

BS, do you believe in karma? I truly believe in what goes around comes around.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

As i said before, i don't expect women to understand, men WILL understand though................
How about getting this thread back on track again,instead of turning into Brussel Sprouts life storyas its just becoming same old, same old from him..lets have some respect for these poor children.thankyou...Jacky

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 26th 2008 at 1:53 am. Reason: Just to snip out the quote as the offensive post was deleted.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Jacky, i refer you to another post which is more or less a continuation of this original thread

Yes i could go to the other post,but it doesn't alter the fact that you always turn your posts round to you and your ex wife and your experiences...we have heard it all before and i seriously think you should go and talk to someone about your experience,write it all down,write a book,get counciling,this is your personal experience,this isn't the time or the place to wash your dirty laundry in public..IMHO there is 3 sides to every story,theres your wifes,yours and somewhere in the middle there will be the truth.. give us a break BS...Jacky
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Justice for Nia?...and Baby P

Originally Posted by iwannagonow
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...-to-death.html

Please sign this petition, to help bring justice for Baby Peter & others like him
No because I don't believe in the death penalty.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

As i said before, i don't expect women to understand, men WILL understand though................. ........................................ ............................................
Men tend to be more unfaithful (maybe in our genes), ........
What a load of total utter crap!
You had me half way to feeling sorry for your plight, thinking you'd been dealt a bad hand, then you come out with that utterly crass statement-"Men tend to be more unfaithful (maybe in our genes)".
It says it all! I think you were playing around! Got found out- and have paid the hefty price! Deal with it!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:46 am
Banned

explorers is an unknown quantity at this point

Better put down your flaming torches because it looks like the mother will be put on the protection program when she leaves prison.

(From today's Telegraph)

Baby P's mother could be given a new identity at the expense of taxpayers after her release from prison, it has been disclosed.

By Matthew Moore
Last Updated: 11:05AM GMT 22 Nov 2008

Her legal team is believed to be drawing up an application under the Human Rights Act for the 27-year-old to be granted lifetime anonymity, amid fears that she could be targeted by revenge attacks.

She would also receive a new home and round-the-clock police protection, which would have to be funded by the state.

Notorious killers including Mary Bell and the teenagers, Jon Venables and Robert Thompson, who murdered James Bulger have been granted similar orders in the past, along with Maxine Carr, the girlfriend of Soham killer Ian Huntley

Legal experts said that her lawyers would have a good chance of securing an anonymity order because of threats made on websites such as Facebook.

Tens of thousands of people have joined a group on the site called "Baby P killers should be hanged, drawn and quartered", with many members posting specific threats to her life.

Niri Shan, of Taylor Wessing, solicitors said: "There's a distinct possibility her lawyers will make an application for anonymity on her release and there is a good chance of them getting it if they can show there's a genuine threat to her life, on the basis of how courts have interpreted the law in previous cases."

The legal basis for an anonymity application would be Article 2 of the Human Rights Act, the right to life, and Article 8, the right to privacy and family life.

A High Court judge would have to decide whether these outweighed Article 10, the right to free speech, and the criminal justice system's presumption towards openness.

Baby P's mother faces a maximum sentence of 14 years when she is sentenced next month, meaning that she could be free within five years given the time she has already spent in prison on remand.

She pleaded guilty to causing or allowing the death of her 17-month old son, the same charge of which her 32-year-old boyfriend and another man,xxx, 36, were convicted last week at the Old Bailey. The couple have never been named in the press due to a court order, but their names, addresses and photos have circulated widely on the internet.

A spokesman for the Ministry of Justice, which is in charge of prisons and probation, declined to comment.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 25th 2008 at 1:19 pm. Reason: There is a court injunction inplace regarding the publishing of names in the case. Please respect this.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=brussels_sprout;6998804]I have actually left NZ now, so has the (still technically) wife and kids, their fare was paid by the NZ government !

I know after a divorce, it is much harder personally for women, it is just the injustice thing for me, a sense that I have changed for the worse, hardened.
I didn't want to leave NZ though, i had a couple of tattoos done in Tahiti and Auckland on the way back here to remind me to never forget what happened to me there

I have had a torrid time this year, torrid but interesting nevertheless. Since arriving back in Europe, i met a stunningly beautiful (and young) lady , she is an actress and DJ, ex wife of an Oscar winning film director, and all her friends are TOP models ! I got to chat to them, i have never been in a room full of 6 foot beauties before. I met her just after her "enhancement" operation, and i got to (gently) test them out first !

now i'm begining to think hes just winding us up..Jacky
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:39 pm
Banned

explorers is an unknown quantity at this point

2009 for brussels_sprout...

.....in his dreams...
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=garryhg;6999496]
now i'm begining to think hes just winding us up..Jacky
No, it is all completely true, but it's all over between us now (I have already mentioned her in June to Karen "Karonious", ask her !) . But her ex was Oscar NOMINATED (in the 90s), not Oscar winner, sorry, and she is young, slim, stunning and also a fashion writer. She has 260 pairs of shoes, 1 room of her house is taken by the shoes and another by her wardrobe, 1 bedroom each for her and kids !

(Also she had the character of Naomi Campbell, ever read "The Bad Girl" by Mario Vargas Llosa ?, she was like that)

PS Thanks for your sympathy "Explorers" and private message of support, yes men do badly in the courts, i agree !

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Nov 23rd 2008 at 2:29 pm.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I do not see where all this is going to. A lot of these posts have nothing to do with getting Justice for Nia and that's the heading.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 7:24 pm
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Actually my view is that you cannot have justice for Nia (or other such victims). There is no way of undoing the crime, and no matter what you do to the perpetrators the fact will always remain that a young kid lived and died horribly.

I don't believe in an eye for an eye, or anything like that, and therefore the sentence should (as always) be based on the usual factors of culpability, remorse, crime severity, deterence and safety of the community.

The main form of justice anyone can hope for is that the police do their jobs and find and prosecute the perpetrators, that the courts fairly consider the eveidence, and that the sentencing is carried through, and hopefully we as a society can find some way of reducing these events in the future (providing justice to those who are saved from going through the same thing).
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 8:49 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
Actually my view is that you cannot have justice for Nia (or other such victims). There is no way of undoing the crime, and no matter what you do to the perpetrators the fact will always remain that a young kid lived and died horribly.

I don't believe in an eye for an eye, or anything like that, and therefore the sentence should (as always) be based on the usual factors of culpability, remorse, crime severity, deterence and safety of the community.

The main form of justice anyone can hope for is that the police do their jobs and find and prosecute the perpetrators, that the courts fairly consider the eveidence, and that the sentencing is carried through, and hopefully we as a society can find some way of reducing these events in the future (providing justice to those who are saved from going through the same thing).
Agree 100%, which is why the title has a ? in it.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Agree 100%, which is why the title has a ? in it.
Make that 200%.
Old Nov 24th 2008, 1:05 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

BS has really clouded the waters with his attempts to paint the case of Nia Glassie as another example of children suffering from the alleged "de-fathering" of families by women and the state.

If anyone is really interested in the sort of background and dysfunctional families children like Nia Glassie endure, this article sheds some light:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaystartim...013a26503.html

I hope it's OK to quote in part from the article (I can't find the forum rules! It's a small part of a large article and I've given the source)

The pair had split when Junior, as he is known, brought another woman around and, according to Polly, told Lisa he was now with this woman as he wanted a thinner girlfriend. The new couple later moved to Australia.
(source: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sundaystartim...013a26503.html accessed 24/12/2008)

Mod note:
7. ...... Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph or 4 sentences may be used if the content is publically available on the internet. All other forms of inserted content from press releases, newsletters, web pages, or any other copyrighted content placed into messages will be removed without exception. A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate.

Site Rules - link found at the bottom of each page

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 24th 2008 at 1:34 am. Reason: per the rule re. copyright. Ta!
Old Nov 24th 2008, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

What a complete mess , it is all like something from "Once they were warriors". But it seems to me it was based on recollections from "Polly" a mother of 17 kids probably from 17 different fathers. Nia's mother was a 34 year old woman with a mentally retarded 17 year old boyfriend.
Nia's siblings are now happy at home with their natural father in Tokoroa.

But as i said before, it is all just the beginning, it will get MUCH MUCH worse, the source of the problem is the facilitation of single mothers to leave families. Middle Class social problems like this are beginning to start now too

Feminists never tire of saying that single mothers do a great job. They do NOT. They may do their best, but that does not constitute doing a good job. Most of them do a terrible job, leaving a trail of social wreckage for decades. Her sons today are the gang-members of tomorrow. Her daughters today are the teenage mothers of tomorrow. The taxpayer picks up the tab, Nia is an example of that wreckage and there will be THOUSANDS more in the future like her unless something is done to strengthen families instead of the government ENCOURAGING their breakup
CRAP...Just because these children come from a broken home doesn't mean their lives are doomed,IMHO the socio economic background of the family would determine how well the kids are likely to do,more so that wheather they come from a single parent family or your normal nuclear family...A lot of violence in these cultural families is something thats seems to be part of their culture and almost accepted in some families.

I have to decided to stop there as I am not going to feed your pathetic views any longer,you are one sad man who obviously will carry this anger with you for a long time to come.And if you don't get past it its going to weigh you down and crush you..move on and stop turning all these posts round to fatherless children...I think we get your opinion on the subject BS..Jacky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.