Wikiposts

Justice?

Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

shortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant futureshortfatbloke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Justice?

It is not down to the police officer to make a judgement as to whether the guy is innocent or not, that's the job of the court, the police officer is there purely to enforce the law. The guy was foolish enough to try and bribe the copper - something which he must have known was illegal - when he should have just shut up and taken it.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shortfatbloke
It is not down to the police officer to make a judgement as to whether the guy is innocent or not, that's the job of the court, the police officer is there purely to enforce the law. The guy was foolish enough to try and bribe the copper - something which he must have known was illegal - when he should have just shut up and taken it.
If you go by the letter of the law sure.
But lets face it...the guy was 21....he was caught drink driving and therefore crap.ping his pants because his parents will find out and he mght lose his job etc (all of which is fair enough) but.....people get depserate when they're in troulbe and also do silly things when their drunk.

All i'm saying is that a little common sense should prevail and that the guy shouldn't be nailed to the letter of the law for doing something that clearly he did not set out to do.

But as I say - clearly i'm alone in my thoughts on this.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 12:46 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

I also heard with the NZ system that even if you are banned you can still drive to your place of work adn back again. Also the ban is only for 6 months. I think thats a pile of cack if you are done you should be done for life.
Edited to say that imo drink driving appears to be more tolerated in NZ
Old Nov 29th 2005, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottish
I also heard with the NZ system that even if you are banned you can still drive to your place of work adn back again. Also the ban is only for 6 months. I think thats a pile of cack if you are done you should be done for life.
Edited to say that imo drink driving appears to be more tolerated in NZ
You only get to drive to your place of work and back if you have no other means of getting there and you would loose your job.
If you have to drive as your job your stuffed.
I don't think it is more tolerated than in the UK at all. You are far more likely to be stopped and breath tested than in the UK.
In wellington they publish your name and what you were fined, banned for etc in the public notices of the dominion post for all to see.
KAZ
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:09 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

I sometimes for a bit of entertainment go and watch the court officials hand out sentences to drunk drivers in the local court house here.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 7:51 am

scottish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kaz Hen
You only get to drive to your place of work and back if you have no other means of getting there and you would loose your job.
If you have to drive as your job your stuffed.
I don't think it is more tolerated than in the UK at all. You are far more likely to be stopped and breath tested than in the UK.
In wellington they publish your name and what you were fined, banned for etc in the public notices of the dominion post for all to see.
KAZ
Kaz I think that its awful that they still allow you to drive to work. lets be honest thats how most of our driving time is spent. The way I see it you get caught there shouldnt be any driving allowed. Do they really think that you wont do it again.

I worked next to a young lass (18yrs old) she got a 6 month ban and didnt give a rats arse about it.

My opinion of being more tolerated was based on working and having Kiwi mates, who thought nothing of it to have a shout or five after work then drive home. So I guess if you have been banned it would be ok as you are driving back from work. Unless you get caught again that is.

Christ I am paranoid as to what type of mouthwash to use.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 8:07 am
Just Joined

jocko has a brilliant futurejocko has a brilliant futurejocko has a brilliant futurejocko has a brilliant futurejocko has a brilliant futurejocko has a brilliant futurejocko has a brilliant future

:
Originally Posted by kelvynd
actually, thought about this some more still and I know being drunk doesn't absolve you of complying with common laws.

But still i think the copper was harsh on the bribery thing. (not the Drink drive thing)
Just how bored are you in Dubai? I think you need to get yourself out a bit more.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

babybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond reputebabybella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottish
Kaz I think that its awful that they still allow you to drive to work. lets be honest thats how most of our driving time is spent. The way I see it you get caught there shouldnt be any driving allowed. Do they really think that you wont do it again.

I worked next to a young lass (18yrs old) she got a 6 month ban and didnt give a rats arse about it.

My opinion of being more tolerated was based on working and having Kiwi mates, who thought nothing of it to have a shout or five after work then drive home. So I guess if you have been banned it would be ok as you are driving back from work. Unless you get caught again that is.

Christ I am paranoid as to what type of mouthwash to use.

I agree I think a ban should be a ban and if people have the prospect of loosing their jobs because of a ban then it may be a bit of an incentive.
The trouble in NZ is that a lot is rural so if you want to go out you have to drive. They did when I lived there have a big TV campaign about drink driving and the police presence on the road made it not worth taking the risk. I would probably have been stopped 4-5 times a year. In the 5 years of living here (guess I'm one of those Kiwi's that is not allowed to comment )
I have not been stopped once and would now drive after one large glass of wine. In NZ I would not have dared to take the risk. I was at my gym last night and watched two women I know drink 3 glasses of wine in 1 hour and a half and then they both drove away. I would not have wanted to meet them coming the other way but I guess they figure that they are not likely to be stopped.
Just wait till Christmas in NZ guys, thats when the police set up the road blocks.
The 18 year old you know is just young and stupid, if she had responsibilities ie kids to drive around she would hopefully have thought more before getting behind the wheel.
KAZ
Old Nov 29th 2005, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jocko
:
Just how bored are you in Dubai? I think you need to get yourself out a bit more.
Defintely not bored at all.....I only post while i'm at work - work is boring.
i don't sit here in my evenings and post like you guys.....
how judgemental and with no basis
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=kelvynd]Defintely not bored at all.....I only post while i'm at work - work is boring.
i don't sit here in my evenings and post like you guys.....

Don't say that you will get them all started on how bad the TV is in NZ!
KAZ
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:03 am
Make pumps lots......

Den13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really niceDen13 is just really nice

Originally Posted by kelvynd
actually, thought about this some more still and I know being drunk doesn't absolve you of complying with common laws.

But still i think the copper was harsh on the bribery thing. (not the Drink drive thing)
Ok. Think how many dead people that cop has seen thanks to drink drivers. I hate them with a passion - especially as a biker. I bet that Policeman would've done him for everything given a chance! Well done Dibble I say !!!