Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just want to say hi

Just want to say hi

Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just want to say hi

Originally Posted by GinnyB
Beautiful Cornwall, although summer hasn't been too good. Great that you've got a job to go to - wish I had a transportable profession. Is your daughter excited too? I'm sure she's going to love the new lifestyle. Your OH must be happy to be going home.
LOL, you have me confused a little with B (MnB) whose OH is a Kiwi. Mine is Cornish and is very happy to be leaving 'beautiful cornwall'. But no matter as B is lovely

Yes DD very excited. In fact we have just had a lovely summer together and I am sure its because we are embarking on something new together so talking all the time. Normally she hardly gives me time of day...coz I is a dinosaur....obviously

As for the job, many moons ago I worked for the Police but I knew that one day I would emigrate away. Being a plod is all very well but counts for little in the qualification stakes. I left and did a degree in Nursing. Its been a very long term plan and we are so nearly there
Maria
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:06 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Numptyhead
LOL, you have me confused a little with B (MnB) whose OH is a Kiwi. Mine is Cornish and is very happy to be leaving 'beautiful cornwall'. But no matter as B is lovely

Yes DD very excited. In fact we have just had a lovely summer together and I am sure its because we are embarking on something new together so talking all the time. Normally she hardly gives me time of day...coz I is a dinosaur....obviously

As for the job, many moons ago I worked for the Police but I knew that one day I would emigrate away. Being a plod is all very well but counts for little in the qualification stakes. I left and did a degree in Nursing. Its been a very long term plan and we are so nearly there
Maria
Noticed the 'slight' confusion there! thanks Maria for sorting it ...I think you're lovely too
Maria, have I told you our marriage is cornish?! we lived t'other side of the Tamar back in the 70's! (now whose the dinosaur?!)
B x
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

GinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really nice

Originally Posted by Numptyhead

Maria
Whoops! It's obviously too early in the morning for me!!!! Apologies to both.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 12:12 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops! It's obviously too early in the morning for me!!!! Apologies to both.
No worries Ginny! Not the first time its happened & sure wont be the last!
B x
Old Aug 26th 2009, 2:44 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Ginny & welcome,

Just to confuse you further I am also married to a Kiwi & hope to go to BOP area

Good luck with everything, can be very mind boggling thinking about all the logistics of the move

Welcome
Dewb
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Sensible? Oh, not mine clearly!

Have a premature welcome back to NZ from me! I lived in London all my childhood/teens and that's where I met my Kiwi Hubby.
In the meantime - happy posting.
I lived in London throughout my childhood and teens, how come I never had the foresight to find myself a Kiwi???????
Old Aug 26th 2009, 7:15 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by j19fmm
I lived in London throughout my childhood and teens, how come I never had the foresight to find myself a Kiwi???????
They can be difficult to track down....mine wasn't in London and was diguised as a pom!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Ginny ! Welcome to the BE forum!
you must be really excited to be moving bk eh?
WE are hoping to move asap - over to Auckland (both nurses) and daughter will be joining us ...
take care.. love to hear how things are going for you..
Berni
xxx
Old Aug 27th 2009, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

GinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really niceGinnyB is just really nice

Originally Posted by 127luton
Hi Ginny ! Welcome to the BE forum!
you must be really excited to be moving bk eh?
WE are hoping to move asap - over to Auckland (both nurses) and daughter will be joining us ...
take care.. love to hear how things are going for you..
Berni
xxx
Hi there!Thanks for the welcome.
Yep, totally excited and finding it hard to sleep. Must be driving my friends mad because it seems to be the only thing I think/talk about!! Just wish this house sale process would hurry up. I know the move is not going to be plain sailing but I can't wait to get started. Just yesterday the purchasers solicitors noted that the property is in an area of flood risk and had I experienced any floods. I responded that if the Thames flooded London I think it would have been national/global news!!!
Auckland is a beautiful city - I'd love to live on the North Shore but can't afford it However BOP is equally beautiful and not as busy - seem to desire peace after the last 2 years of stress!
So many nurses moving to NZ - whatever has happened to the NHS?
Old Aug 27th 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there!Thanks for the welcome.
Yep, totally excited and finding it hard to sleep. Must be driving my friends mad because it seems to be the only thing I think/talk about!! Just wish this house sale process would hurry up. I know the move is not going to be plain sailing but I can't wait to get started. Just yesterday the purchasers solicitors noted that the property is in an area of flood risk and had I experienced any floods. I responded that if the Thames flooded London I think it would have been national/global news!!!
Auckland is a beautiful city - I'd love to live on the North Shore but can't afford it However BOP is equally beautiful and not as busy - seem to desire peace after the last 2 years of stress!
So many nurses moving to NZ - whatever has happened to the NHS?
Hi Ginny,
I guess re - NHS - speaking personally, I love my job - and now have been offered the same position in Auckland.. so thats good news for me , my OH has also been offered a community psych job, so i guess for us, its not about the uk NHS, its more about the life change, beautiful country and all the wonderful 'tramps' we can manage. Good luck with the house process, frustrating isnt it?
Take Care
Berni
xx
Old Aug 29th 2009, 8:02 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by j19fmm

Found mine in a watering hole watching sports, a natural habitat where you can find lots!

Dewb
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 127luton
Hi Ginny,
I guess re - NHS - speaking personally, I love my job - and now have been offered the same position in Auckland.. so thats good news for me , my OH has also been offered a community psych job, so i guess for us, its not about the uk NHS, its more about the life change, beautiful country and all the wonderful 'tramps' we can manage. Good luck with the house process, frustrating isnt it?
Take Care
Berni
xx
When are you on your way? A perfect time of the year to be leaving - summer (?) ending here and spring starting there. Oh to be pipi picking at Papamoa.