Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just want to say hello to you all!!!

Just want to say hello to you all!!!

Old May 13th 2007, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Jachi will become famous soon enough
Default Just want to say hello to you all!!!

Hi there
just found this site yesterday - I am so pleased to have accidently stumbled over it. What a great place!!! - I am Australian born and UK raised. I have lived in Auckland in the past and have two sons there and twin grandsons aged 2 there. I have been in the UK for the past 7 years and have finally decided to return to be near my family. I have a mum who wants to come with me - I certainly am her "centre of gravity" she is 68 and in pretty good health but as I have not lived in Auckland for the past 7 years I have to wait before I can sponsor her. I am hoping there is a way she can visit me for extended periods and maybe even stay with family and friends in OZ too to while away the next three years..........not sure if that is possible. I know she can stay 9 months in any 18 months period in NZ not sure about Australia yet.
Anyway what I wanted to say was what a comfort it is to find this site and have people I can talk to when I feel like going AAAAARRRRGGGHGHHHHHH :curse: :curse: just want to say hello and maybe some of you turn into friends I have coffee with in a few months time ( plan to get back to Auckland by Christmas). Jachi
Old May 14th 2007, 3:45 pm
mrs want2gonow

just sam will become famous soon enoughjust sam will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Just want to say hello to you all!!!

hi jachi , welcome to the forum, there are quite a few of us researching how to bring parents with us, we fall foul of the centre of gravity for my m.i.l. as my hubby has 3 siblings here in blighty. we are a while from putting in our eoi yet so i am sure someone will have the answer by then...... or she cant come sam
Old May 14th 2007, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sam
thanks for your email - yeah this is sooooo hard - I am Australian so it should be a bit easier but I have spent the biggest part of the past 3 weeks trying to figure out 2 different sets of immigration rules (Aust and NZ). I am starting to dream about this stuff!!!
I could go tomorrow without her but taking her is looking impossible - maybe she could visit me over the next three years and then I can apply but I worry what it will do to her if I leave her and how her health will suffer because she has been left. Meanwhile I miss my sons and my two new grand babies are growing up fast. Torn no matter which way I go.
Your two kids are gorgeous by the way
I will just keep opening all the doors in the hope that one of them has a solution we can live with.
Yeah I have a brother who has disappeared to Africa and a sister in the UK so I am ok with the centre of gravity clause. Just wish you could pay £13,500 like you can in Australia to fast track thru..........money gets results as ever!!
hope things improve for you soon Sam
Old May 17th 2007, 10:16 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi Jachi.
Good to have you here. I so hope you can find a happy solution.
I feel for you about your Mum. It was extremely difficult to leave my elderly Dad when we emigrated here from the UK. He is 78 now.

I will just keep opening all the doors in the hope that one of them has a solution we can live with.
Great attitude. Karma coming your way
Old May 17th 2007, 11:34 pm
Just Joined

lilycat will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jachi
Hi Sam
thanks for your email - yeah this is sooooo hard - I am Australian so it should be a bit easier but I have spent the biggest part of the past 3 weeks trying to figure out 2 different sets of immigration rules (Aust and NZ). I am starting to dream about this stuff!!!
I could go tomorrow without her but taking her is looking impossible - maybe she could visit me over the next three years and then I can apply but I worry what it will do to her if I leave her and how her health will suffer because she has been left. Meanwhile I miss my sons and my two new grand babies are growing up fast. Torn no matter which way I go.
Your two kids are gorgeous by the way
Yeah I have a brother who has disappeared to Africa and a sister in the UK so I am ok with the centre of gravity clause. Just wish you could pay £13,500 like you can in Australia to fast track thru..........money gets results as ever!!
hope things improve for you soon Sam
Hi Jachi - it'll be fine - I'm 69 and flying out in July with my son and his family,for 9 months,then coming back here for another 9 then back to NZ again and hope to go over to Oz and get rid of more time there; my son can then sponsor me in 2010 - take her with you and give this a try - I'm going to and cant wait to see the other side of the world while I can still get around ! Will keep you (and your Mum) updated - Good Luck -Lilycat
Old May 18th 2007, 2:21 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the site.
Old May 18th 2007, 9:48 pm
Just Joined

Hi Lilycat
thanks for your words of encouragement - I think I may have found a solution. I wrote to Australia house in London saying that I realized that my mum did not meet their criteria for residency but wondered what her best options were for visiting me in Australia for extended periods while her health allowed it.
They came back with two visas one for a year the "tourist visa (sub class 676)" and one for 4 years! "Investor retirement (sub class 405)" which allows her to travel in and out of Australia as many times as she wants to in that 4 year period.
So I think I will apply for that and then she can visit me in NZ and family in Australia until I can get her NZ residency sorted........and I can visit her easily as often as I can while she is in OZ. Seems like a plan. Like you she is up for an adventure and is very young at heart........and would rather try and fail than be left behind. Have you any friends or family you could visit in Australia? it might save you returning to the UK each time.......expensive and that long flight is hard! The investor visa works out at £3.400.
I will try to keep you up to date with our plans - I hope things go well for you too
Debbie
Thanks to everyone else for all your encouragement!!!!
Old May 18th 2007, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bevs
thank you for your encouragement - so sorry to hear about your dad - how do you cope with that? it must be awful! I guess you have to decide at some point if they are well enough to cope with the stresses and strains that immigration puts on them. I know I have agonised over it but mum is still in good health and I feel sure leaving her behind would be more detrimental to her health - she assures me that this is so and thats she is up for a challenge.
World travel is fantastic but creates more problems than it is worth sometimes hey! I hope your dad is ok and well looked after by those at home
thanks for your kind words Debbie/Jachi
Old May 19th 2007, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

suzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nicesuzi n steve is just really nice

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you may have already fond an answer to getting your Mum over there. Good luck with it.
Old May 19th 2007, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

thanks guys
whats your story and how is it going with you?
Old May 20th 2007, 8:52 pm
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

thanks guys
whats your story and how is it going with you?
Hi Jachi,

Welcome to the site I am justsams OH.

Any questions just fire away.

Karma to get u started
Old May 21st 2007, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Justsams
thanks for the welcome - and the offer of advice
hey you are from Paignton - spent some happy times there
I am in Truro Cornwall - just a stones throw away
Thanks again
Debbie~Jachi
Old May 21st 2007, 9:32 pm
It Was Here This Morning

Want2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really niceWant2goNow is just really nice

Hi Justsams
thanks for the welcome - and the offer of advice
hey you are from Paignton - spent some happy times there
I am in Truro Cornwall - just a stones throw away
Thanks again
Debbie~Jachi

Hi again I have been on this board about 1.5 months and have asked & given advice on many posts so feel free to ask.

By the way my name is Want2goNow and I am Justsams other half( OH )
Old May 22nd 2007, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi there
Wantogonow and justsams - nice to meet you - how close are you to going to NZ?? where are you going to settle? have you got it all sorted yet?
I hope so
Old May 31st 2007, 5:31 pm
mrs want2gonow

just sam will become famous soon enoughjust sam will become famous soon enough

hi jachi , sorry we have been away for a few days so havent been online. hubby is doing a course at college at the moment when he finishes and if he passes we can submit our EOI . sam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.