Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just settling in...

Just settling in...

Old Sep 7th 2011, 12:45 am
Just Joined

KenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the roughKenJanine is a jewel in the rough
Default Just settling in...

Hello all,

Well it's a long story but we initially came to NZ for our Honeymoon in 2009, loved the place so much we decided to come and explore even more in 2010.

We're both from Greater Manchester, I'm 34 and Hubby's 41, no kids.
I successfully applied for a Silver Fern visa whilst travelling the North Island and was offered temporary employment. This then turned out to be a full time offer and whilst I stayed here hubby had to return to the UK to carry on his employment and pay the bills at home until we gained Residency.

Thankfully after months apart and a little stress to say the least and plenty of hard work I might add this was granted. Hubby has since joined me back in Auckland and landed full time employment in his first week of arrival which was amazing.

At the moment everything is working out fine and we're settled in our apartment in Auckland City until the New Year when we'll be looking for somewhere bigger with a garden etc etc.

Our next goal will be to expand our social network and try and make some good friends outside of work to make us feel really at home.

Anyway apart from missing family, the hubby's real ale and football we are both so happy we took the gamble to come here, from our own experience there are so many people who talk the talk but remain in the UK moaning about there lives.

Looking forward to the RWC, especially as we have tickets to see England beat the Scots !!

I think i've waffled enough now.

Cheers J & K
Old Sep 7th 2011, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just settling in...

Originally Posted by KenJanine
Looking forward to the RWC, especially as we have tickets to see England beat the Scots !!
See I would be well offended by this if 1) I cared about the rugby and 2) it wasn't most likely true!

Anyway, I've been in NZ just over a year but just moving up to Auckland on saturday so if your looking for a coffee/beer buddy give me a shout