Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

just a quicky about salary!

just a quicky about salary!

Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:44 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just a quicky about salary!

if i want take home, in my pocket monthly pay of $NZ5000 what pre-deductions salary am i looking for? likewise if i want $NZ6000 or 7000

just trying to suss some stuff out, and maths not being my strong point, thought i'd ask here rather than trawling through the tax calculators etc!

thanks everso!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: just a quicky about salary!

try looking on web for nz inland revenue as they have calculators I think
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

You need to be looking for around $90k per year for $5000 take home per month.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
You need to be looking for around $90k per year for $5000 take home per month.

I too would concur with the above. Very roughly the 1st 38K at 20%. the balance at 40%. I know there is a mid figure of 34% and the top rate is just below 40% (I think) but these calculations will also account for the ACC levy which could be about 4% (ish).
Old Mar 7th 2009, 8:57 pm
Account Closed

thanks all - that's really helpful!
Old Mar 8th 2009, 1:20 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stoof
if i want take home, in my pocket monthly pay of $NZ5000 what pre-deductions salary am i looking for? likewise if i want $NZ6000 or 7000

just trying to suss some stuff out, and maths not being my strong point, thought i'd ask here rather than trawling through the tax calculators etc!

thanks everso!
Hi on 85000k you will bring home just over 5000k per month
Have to say after a time you should keep looking as to what the market is paying like for like my husband looked at his last year went back to his manager and had a pay rise of 22%
Lin
Old Mar 8th 2009, 8:57 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Well done you managed to not trwl through the tax calculators like the rest of us did and got someone else to do it for you!

Originally Posted by Stoof
thanks everso!
Old Mar 9th 2009, 9:16 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by theduke
Well done you managed to not trwl through the tax calculators like the rest of us did and got someone else to do it for you!
tee hee... hum... that wasn't my intention and i'll really need to check out detail by doing my own trawling... however, i figured someone would know from experience roughly, and that would be a good starting point!! honest