British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   just a quicky about salary! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/just-quicky-about-salary-595810/)

Stoof Mar 6th 2009 11:44 am

just a quicky about salary!

if i want take home, in my pocket monthly pay of $NZ5000 what pre-deductions salary am i looking for? likewise if i want $NZ6000 or 7000

just trying to suss some stuff out, and maths not being my strong point, thought i'd ask here rather than trawling through the tax calculators etc!

thanks everso!

julesnye Mar 6th 2009 2:22 pm

Re: just a quicky about salary!

try looking on web for nz inland revenue as they have calculators I think:confused:

ukkiwi Mar 6th 2009 8:48 pm

You need to be looking for around $90k per year for $5000 take home per month.

Genesis Mar 6th 2009 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by ukkiwi (Post 7352587)
You need to be looking for around $90k per year for $5000 take home per month.

I too would concur with the above. Very roughly the 1st 38K at 20%. the balance at 40%. I know there is a mid figure of 34% and the top rate is just below 40% (I think) but these calculations will also account for the ACC levy which could be about 4% (ish).

Stoof Mar 7th 2009 8:57 pm

thanks all - that's really helpful!

harrogate girl Mar 8th 2009 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 7351216)
if i want take home, in my pocket monthly pay of $NZ5000 what pre-deductions salary am i looking for? likewise if i want $NZ6000 or 7000

just trying to suss some stuff out, and maths not being my strong point, thought i'd ask here rather than trawling through the tax calculators etc!

thanks everso!

Hi on 85000k you will bring home just over 5000k per month
Have to say after a time you should keep looking as to what the market is paying like for like my husband looked at his last year went back to his manager and had a pay rise of 22%
Lin

theduke Mar 8th 2009 8:57 am

Well done you managed to not trwl through the tax calculators like the rest of us did and got someone else to do it for you!
:p

Originally Posted by Stoof (Post 7351216)
thanks everso!

Stoof Mar 9th 2009 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by theduke (Post 7356327)
Well done you managed to not trwl through the tax calculators like the rest of us did and got someone else to do it for you!
:p

tee hee... hum... that wasn't my intention and i'll really need to check out detail by doing my own trawling... however, i figured someone would know from experience roughly, and that would be a good starting point!! honest :)