Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Just moved to Hawkes Bay...

Just moved to Hawkes Bay...

Old Apr 17th 2011, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

JenR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just moved to Hawkes Bay...

Just thought I'd say a little hello! My husband and I have been in NZ for 6 months now but mostly been travelling or doing short-term jobs. We've settled in Napier for a year now because I've got a job at the hosp in Hastings (we're originally from the UK). Just thought I'd see if anyone had any good tips for things to do/see around here, or if there was anyone else in the Bay!

Jen x
Old Apr 17th 2011, 5:43 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved to Hawkes Bay...

Originally Posted by JenR
Just thought I'd say a little hello! My husband and I have been in NZ for 6 months now but mostly been travelling or doing short-term jobs. We've settled in Napier for a year now because I've got a job at the hosp in Hastings (we're originally from the UK). Just thought I'd see if anyone had any good tips for things to do/see around here, or if there was anyone else in the Bay!

Jen x
Welcome to the forum Jen..... there are some BE members living in & around Napier who will hopefully see this post but if not have a look at the meet up's section and try posting on there.....good luck with your year in Napier & your new job
Old Apr 17th 2011, 11:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Jen x
Welcome to our friendly NZ forum Jen. I'm sorry but I can't help with your questions as I live north of Auckland. But congratulations on the job & hope fully someone will be along soon who can give you some tips

As MnB suggests, try starting a thread in the 'Meet-ups' sub-forum &/or in the Main forum.
Old May 2nd 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

emmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant futureemmabc has a brilliant future

Jen x
Hi Jen - Me,my hubby and little boy(1 year old) are in the process of relocating from Manchester to Napier - hubby has a job there and we are hoping to be out there within the next couple of months. We travelled around NZ 5 years ago but never got to Napier so I'm wondering whats it like there ?
I'm also new to the forum thing : ) so not sure how it all works.

Hope to hear from Ya : )
Old May 8th 2011, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by emmabc
Hi Jen - Me,my hubby and little boy(1 year old) are in the process of relocating from Manchester to Napier - hubby has a job there and we are hoping to be out there within the next couple of months. We travelled around NZ 5 years ago but never got to Napier so I'm wondering whats it like there ?
I'm also new to the forum thing : ) so not sure how it all works.

Hope to hear from Ya : )
whoops sorry forgot to reply! will message you x
Old May 9th 2011, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

Si19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud ofSi19761 has much to be proud of

Us too, we are on our way in 2 weeks with a 6 month old, starting with my parents in Havelock North until we have jobs so will be in either Hastings/Napier... must be getting enough numbers for a meet up, I am sure that Si will be ready for a touch of the UK before too long

Mandy
Old May 9th 2011, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Si19761
Us too, we are on our way in 2 weeks with a 6 month old, starting with my parents in Havelock North until we have jobs so will be in either Hastings/Napier... must be getting enough numbers for a meet up, I am sure that Si will be ready for a touch of the UK before too long

Mandy
I'm always up for a meet-up - especially if a 6 month old is involved
good luck with your last couple of weeks in the UK! xx
Old May 9th 2011, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

p.s. there are other people here too -

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684126