Reload this Page >

Just moved to Christchurch!

Just moved to Christchurch!

Old Apr 3rd 2011, 5:31 am
Just Joined

catymayall is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Just moved to Christchurch!

Hi
My name's Caty and I moved to Christchurch a week ago to work as a nurse at Christchurch Hospital. I would like to know there are other people out there who I can talk to and meet up with as I moved here by myself and am feeling a bit lonesome already!
Also any hints and tips about getting the most out of the country would be good!
I'm feeling a bit homesick at the moment and don't start work for another week which means I have a week of doing nothing except dwelling on the fact I am here on the other side of the world with no friends or family!!
Anyway, it's nice to know there are things like this out there for people like me!!
Thanks
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 10:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just moved to Christchurch!

Hi Caty & a very warm welcome to NZ & our friendly NZ forum. I live north of Auckland so I'm too far away to meet up I'm afraid. However, there are lots of friendly folk down in Chch who I'm sure will be very happy to meet up with you. You could try posting in the "Meet-ups" sub-forum.

I came out here with my husband & was quite homesick & lonely when he started work. It does take time to make friends, so hang in there. It will get better when you start work.

Just want to send you a huge cyber hug honey.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

catymayall is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Just moved to Christchurch!

Thanks for the lovely reply! I think it's because I moved here by myself I'm finding it hard. I have noone here to talk to so am feeling lonely. I'll get there at sometime! Thanks again!
Old Apr 4th 2011, 1:02 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Just moved to Christchurch!

They need to make up the numbers: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=684354&page=2