Reload this Page >

Just moved to Blenheim

Just moved to Blenheim

Old Apr 17th 2014, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

JGJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just moved to Blenheim

Hi All.

I am new to this site and thought I would give it a go as a way to meet some new people.
We have just moved to Blenheim from windy Wellington and are looking forward to settling down to a more small town lifestyle (we were in Nelson before Welly and loved it)
Are there any ex pats out there in Blenheim? Can you share what there is to do? especially for young kids, ours are 3 & 5.
Also we are a very sociable couple in our 30's so if anyone fancies a drink sometime, whether it be a coffee with the kids or a pint one night please feel free to give us a shout.
Thanks and looking forward to your replies
Old Apr 17th 2014, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

snaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nicesnaps is just really nice
Default Re: Just moved to Blenheim

Lots of friendly and helpful people on here.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Moved to Blenheim nearly 5 years ago from UK and LOVE it. It is a fantastic place to bring up children, ours are now 19, 16 and 5. Any questions, feel free to ask.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 12:23 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya, we been in Marlborough for eight years now. Love it! Have 4 and 6 yr old girls. Can meet for a play date at pollard park etc
Old Apr 19th 2014, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

JGJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
nick33 and catchafire - thanks for the reply, can you tell me what there is to do with young kids? good cafe's, restaurants etc to try, any reccomendations for doctors, dentists etc (we are not far from town centre) are there any playgroups locally? what are the pre-school/kindy's like? and anything else you think we might need to know (broad I know but toooooo many questions)
and catchafire a play date at Pollard park would be great, we found it the other day and the kids love it!

Jade
Old Apr 20th 2014, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Grove road coffee house very kid friendly.
my daughter went to the kindy at Alana place redwoodtown. fantastic place.
new pool at stadium 2000 pretty good.
Indoor centre on battys road always got things going on, plus has 10 pin bowling.
Once your 5 year old starts kindy, social scene will open up.
Blenheim is a fantastic place in my view, but then I am biased as now into my hunting and fishing so this place utopia for me.
If you or your husband play golf, fairhall is a great course and annual membership cheap as chips.